I'll admit. The season is to hard.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Broken Soui, Oct 2, 2015.

1. pultinski Well-Known Player

just curious. im tossing those pumpkins and they hit for around 5k white dmg. is anyone else seeing that?
  2. L T Devoted Player

Respectfully, the halloween seasonal really just isn't that hard. The spring one-- if you Q with a bunch of idiots (like I ofetn seem to)-- that one can take a long time. The summer one can also be frustrating until you get a group that understands to turn the right cogs when they appear.

But the Halloween seasonal is easy. It's really very straightforward. If nobody else I am with listens to the Phantom Stranger's directions, I can transport the crystals on my own. There are health barrels everywhere and they respawn quickly. If you don't have all CR34 toons in your group you'll want to keep the spirit absorber thingy charged near the end, but as players become more experienced that becomes optional.
    • Like x 2
  3. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

my alts cannot do it without struggling. and we only get 2 marks.
    • Like x 3
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Absolutely nothing at all wrong with the seasonal, people just need to get better.

The problem is people not understanding the mechanics they think it's just burn burn burn.

people just need to wake up, start paying attention, and stop trying to play a video game with their eyes closed.

The game is meant to be fun, yes, the game is not meant to be a cakewalk entitling you to just smash everything, irrespective of what level you are.
    • Like x 4
  5. Korlick Loyal Player

Thats youre advice to new player who run this at the lowest level possible? GET BETTER?
    Because thats the problem, its too hard to run with half group being low level player.
    • Like x 3
  6. cravex15 Dedicated Player

UMMMMMMM yeah.....What did yall do to the seasonal? Make it hard again? *sigh* huh.....I literally queued it up 5 times today and all groups were already sitting there for more than 20 min. I wasn't having that non-sense so I left each time. I know.. how rude, but I wanted to start from the beginning. I wanted to hear the club music, speak to Tala...feel the vibe... blah blah blah. So when I did finally find a fresh group from the beginning we all got one-shotted one by one in the first 15 seconds. I was healer but I wasn't trying to spam heals that much in the first 15 seconds or atleast I didn't think I needed to. I couldn't pick anyone up cuz it wouldn't let me alone. Then I wiped last. All within 15 seconds.
    Then I thought ok so those other groups before weren't just stupid or incompetent then. This is really hard like T7 or something. But geez I dont even get one-shotted like that in T7 unless its a raid.
    I just dont understand why everything has to be some difficult grind of a challenge. Cant anything just be for the joy and fun of it. You would think seasonals would be our day off from grinding and difficulty.
    I mean what is that we are trying to squeeze out of this still. Its almost 5 years old. Let laying dogs lie.
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

I would say it's very rare for a group of sub level 30 players to be all paired together during the queue. I mean yeah it's possible that it 'might' happen, but it's not that likely.

That is my advice, get better, it would take a player only a few days to get to level 30 unlocking all their powers to make it easier on them, they're scaled up remember.

If they're not seriously leveling their characters at the same time as the daily event then they're likely not that serious about the event in the first place.

In fact I'd go as far as saying the most people that cry and use "low level players" as an excuse to cry "nerf" aren't actually low level players at all, they're more experienced players trying to justify their own argument to make it easier, because quite frankly they do need to simply get better.

It's amazing when the amount of crying you get, the moment you take away a "novice players" T6 gear that they basically get handed to them and put in an instance where roles might be required or they have to actually try a bit.
    • Like x 2
  8. Sbel Devoted Player

? All the seasonals prefer to group <30 players together. They've always done that.
    • Like x 2
  9. Korlick Loyal Player

Oh i agree with you. I like that the event is a little more challenging. I dont like the stat clamping, but i like that i have to make a little "effort" to beat it. And so far i havent got problems in the instance.
    Today i was with a 15lvl Tank who didnt even use his powers, he was just using his weapon. We beat it anyways. But just like i was with one new player, if there were 2 new players in the group, it would been a nightmare.
    It happens. And im sure a lot of new low level players are being kicked from groups or being abandoned in the instance.
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Well I wasn't aware it was doing that, if it is doing that, then that's stupid. It needs to be pairing them up with more experienced players.

Noobs can't teach Noobs.
    • Like x 2
  11. SuperBell Loyal Player

Looks like you are missing the point.

Edit: Funny enough, I just ran this on a level 18 alt. Got in with a 22, 30, and 34. Wiped in less than 2:30. 30 and 34 leave and we get a 19 and a 14 and I switch to healer. Lasted a little longer with heals, but still wiped before first crystals came out.

"Getting better" has nothing to do with this.
    • Like x 6
  12. JediKing Level 30

Don't you like how elite raids people want harder but seasonals are what seems just as hard.
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

It's group content. No matter how good one player is, if the other three don't carry their weight, the group can still fail. I managed to solo the Winter event when my teammates went down. Do I think the event should be that easy? Probably not. It also shouldn't be so difficult that four players who are new to the game and still learning how to survive cannot complete it at level 10. That's a difficult balancing act.
    • Like x 3
  14. Kharhaz Committed Player

Hahahaha how true!

However it is disturbing how the seasonal events are now becoming stupidly hard for many.

Not many people are failing, but way too much time is being spent in these "give the boss a ridiculous amount of health" type shortcuts.
    Last night for instance, we never wiped, we all knew what to do, but getting Klarions health down seemed to be a no go, he just would not die.

15 mins later, he finally fell.

There is a problem here, and the problem from what i see is this, the seasonals are being used as experiments, and thus the fun is being sucked out of them.

Ok, stat clamping, but then buffing the seasonal, then giving the boss extra health, you are fooling nobody. Seasonals are supposed to be an aside, a holiday treat, they are now experiments.

How sad is that?
    • Like x 3
  15. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

I have no idea why people keep saying this when it's very clearly not true. People have been complaining about difficulty constantly during every seasonal since they were introduced into the game. If it was expected to be quick and stuff everyone could finish they would have been nerfed down by now.
    • Like x 1
  16. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I've ran the event 28, and more than half those groups have members under 34cr. People this is an event, not regular content. Why are people arguing about the content is fine? The logic don't nake sense. In Dce players have less struggle running tank 3dps than an event that level 10 players can run. If it weren't any barrels in there, any group without a healer would fail. I just won't the hardcore event players to think about that
  17. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

People just started complaining when dcuo cr clamped players, not always
    • Like x 2
  18. Proxystar #Perception

There's an idea, make a normal event and an elite event. give the babies a nice easy event that drops nothing but Granola Bars, and the elite players get better loot like boos etc.. everyone wins...

I think. LOL :p
    • Like x 1
  19. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

The way some of these players are, I just assume the player is always at fault. There are too many high level players that don't know how to play.

Had no problems with it.
    • Like x 2
  20. Malachee Committed Player

Hmmmmm, with an attitude like that....ever thought of going into Game Development? :cool:
    • Like x 4