if you had to choose one of these codes....

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Chaos Evolution, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

grey.
    • Like x 1
  3. Isif Committed Player

Red sabres, all day.;)
    • Like x 1
  4. Controller Devoted Player

[IMG]

I'll take Purple, please - for 1000 Alex.
  5. The Jeff Well-Known Player

The Sith are the way. Emotion fuels power. To deny extreme emotions is to deny the substance of sentience. Peace is an abomination of the natural order. Change, chaos, fuels evolution. Peace and serenity stagnate life. Only through challenge and strife does one evolve.
    • Like x 1
  6. myandria Item Storage

Grey.

As long as there is good and evil, there must be a balance between them. Sometimes the balance tips one way, sometimes the other; balance is never truly equal. When light and shadow exist in harmony, all life benefits from it. The Force itself it neutral, as it allows its power to be used for good or evil. It is the will of sentient beings that dictate if The Force is to be used for good or evil purposes and those purposes must be tempered by balance.
  7. Controller Devoted Player

I don't so much care for "Balance" - at least as it pertains to Jedi's, Sith and the Force.

Those wanting "Balance" are noteworthy, but in some corner of the galaxy during execution of Balance some Siths murdered children that were Force-Sensitive, right?

Didn't Anakin do this right before he fully succumbed to the Dark Side?

That's why I chose Mace Windu....why look for "Balance" when you get the opportunity to take out the Top Dog?

[IMG]

And of course "Anny" comes in right before Mace delivers the Death Blow and spoils it all. Heck - Mace probably would've let the emperor LIVE if he had surrendered....would've given him a fair trial - or whatever they did in Star Wars as far as courts and justice.

In Star Wars Canon - how many lives would've been saved if Mace could've finished the job here - especially "IF" the Emperor would've surrendered? How much suffering would've been prevented?

"Balance" - to ME - only applies in Politics and even THEN it is wishful thinking.
    • Like x 1
  8. The Jeff Well-Known Player

Interesting points but consider during the empire's reign, the galaxy saw peace, a decline in slavery, and violent crime. Following the rebellion was a period of violence and war. The empire was brutal but mostly peaceful aside from the rebellion they didn't start. The republic was kind but ineffective.
    • Like x 1
  9. Brit Loyal Player

Let's see.

Would I rather be emotional, or would I rather be guided by knowledge (logic and reasoning)?

As a guy who has spent much of his life annoyed by the emotional rollercoaster of some people who enjoy the stupid drama and the unique-snowflake of "My feelings are more important than your facts", I personally would trend towards the Jedi Code.

I do not believe that the Jedi are inherently "good". I personally look at them as a child-abducting cult that isolates impressionable youth from their families, pressures them to cut off all ties, and then indoctrinates them into their violent militant religion.

But strictly based on the values, not the practices, I would always be more comfortable dealing with facts and reason, rather than emotions and stupidity.
    • Like x 1
  10. Controller Devoted Player

I don't know....if I had a choice between being kidnapped as a child because I'm Force-Sensitive or THIS:

[IMG]

Then come kidnap me, Jedi.

The Sith can have their "Order" lol.

Give me the Pre-Emptive ability to strike down evil before it even develops (sorry, Mace Windu) any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

[IMG]
  11. McSipp New Player

I can't stress this enough
    ~if you like Star Wars & Luke and want a Bad@ss Grandmaster Luke
    and a tough as nails 50 year old Han Solo cruising the galaxy with his uber powerful JediMaster wife Leia
    and all Lukes students who eventually become masters themselves * 1 in paticulor becomes uber Luke level powerful
    "Kyp Duron" <<who btw is who they modeled Ben SOlo/Kylo after..
    *Message me if you're interested in the books but don't wanna read a lame book and get discouraged.
    And that's what happens to most who start withj the 1st Thrawn book do..
    +++Start with " COURTSHIP OF PRINCESS LEIA "
    ~Origin of Datomir & Nightsisters
    ~Han & Leia Marriage
    ~Yoda being part of the story of a crashed Jedi super dreadnaught 600 years earlier.
    ~A dope grand Admiral warlord Zinj who is the creator of Tie drones..
    This book & SHadows of The Empire read like a actual movie....
    Sorry to be uber nerdy....
    • Like x 2
  12. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

o i have read all that books tecnically ihave read 75 of the 2 and somethings books fro mthe old canon i still preffer the old cannon that disney ****
    i am with the grey code like revan
    • Like x 1
  13. The Jeff Well-Known Player

The Thrawn Trilogy is what we should have gotten instead of the prequels and the Hand of Thrawn duology as a followup.

The Yuhzag Vong war started strong with Salvatore's Vector Prime. Sadly, that series went on way too long.

For a younger crowd, the Young Jedi series is a good intro.

I would also recommend the "Tales" books for some fun shorts, like Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina or Tales from the Empire.
  14. Controller Devoted Player

Being a bit of a Blerd I cannot help but see some parallels between Anakin interfering with Mace Windu's persecution of Palpatine and StarLord's passion-filled mistake with Thanos

[IMG]

[IMG]

To me, at least - the parallels are unmistakeable.

Both Anakin and Starlord are filled with passion at these critical points in their lives.

BOTH "could" have pulled back and reversed course - if their heads were clearer.

Passion and Anger caused these two CRITICAL mistakes in these two classics. That's why I cannot justify personally being a Sith.

Anny comes to his senses right here? Boy what a Jedi he could've been..........his skill with the lightsaber and use of the force seems to put him on par with the best Jedi out there.

Additionally - hadn't he ALREADY mated with Padme before this? So the birth of Luke was ALREADY on course.....what a trainer he could've been for his son AND daughter...

StarLord comes to his senses? Dr. Strange, Mantis, Drax, Iron Man and Spiderman stop Thanos right there. No more stones acquired, Vision lives, etc, etc, etc......

Passion and Anger. Two destructive forces when left uncontrolled. Two emotions prevalent in the worse Sith out there.
  15. Controller Devoted Player

Whomever owns the Star Wars movies OUGHT to do a spin-off type film.....a "What if" in the Marvel Comics vein.

"What if - Anakin comes to his senses and HELPS Mace Windu against Emperor Palpatine?"

How would such a diversion at this critical point affect the Star Wars Galaxy?

Even "IF" you take out / arrest Emperor Palpatine right here and Mace lives you STILL have deadly and dangerous Sith out there (Count Dooku, right)?

What kind of a mentor / father - would Anakin have been to Luke and Leia? I bet he would've been a GREAT one - if the Jedi code permitted such a thing.

I get those here that see fault in the Jedi Code. It could DEFINITELY go for some relaxed rules. Anakin did NOT start out bad but had some TERRIBLE cards dealt his way.
  16. Controller Devoted Player

I don't follow Star Wars like I used to but besides Jolee Bindo from the ORIGINAL Knights of the Old Republic video game I don't even know of any "Gray" Jedis.....

Would Jolee fit this description?

He was an odd-ball in that classic XBOX game.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I don't know if they did anything with the prequels when they had the license, but Dark Horse put out three Star Wars "What If?" style stories called Infinities for the OT. Each one had a pivotal moment from each film that was the divergence point (one of Luke's torpedoes doesn't detonate, Luke dies on Hoth, Leia's bounty hunter negotiations with Jabba go sideways) and overall made for some interesting stories.

I think the most interesting version of a "What If?" story for the prequels would have been the results of Obi-Wan being the one who fell to Darth Maul instead of Qui-Gon.
    • Like x 1
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The prequels are far from perfect, but I give full credit to Lucas for not simply rehashing what had been done in the OT and attempting to tell a different story in the Star Wars universe. And there's a strong argument that Dave Filoni's work on the Clone Wars has gone a long way towards making that story stronger.

I can't argue with Zahn's work in Star Wars literature, as his books are the main ones I kept after doing a bit of a purge of my Star Wars library. But I'm fine with not getting his trilogy on film/screen, partly because I think there would have been just as many unrealistic expectations put on them as there was with the sequel trilogy.

Oh, and the Vong war series? First casualty of my purge. LOL My main guiding thought in going through my book collection was, "Do I want to read this again?" The Timothy Zahn books as well as Karen Traviss' work on the Republic Commando/Legacy of the Force books were an immediate "yes." For me, Traviss' work and exploration of Mandalorians and Mando culture do admittedly fall into Mando Fan Fiction, but they ended up being a lot more interesting to me than the whole "yet another elected monarchy" bit they did in the Clone Wars series. But that's beside the point. :D

The thought of slogging through that long and (at times) REALLY depressing Vong series was an immediate "nope." So away it went, among many others.
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Oh, and as far as code choice, I think I'd have to go grey. Way too easy to look at the results of going to extremes on both sides and say, "Yeah, that didn't work out so well for you, did it?" LOL
    • Like x 1
  20. Controller Devoted Player

There may be more truth to your choice (and others in this thread) of "Grey" than I'm willing to admit - at least right now.

I guess the extreme for the Jedi would be - maybe Luke Skywalker?

Luke - Had the opportunity (and temptation) to go to the Dark Side during his confrontation with Vader and Emperor Palpatine....but didn't, heroically.

But he seemed TEMPTED, though - which means evil IS present in him.

Nonetheless he goes on to basically FAIL his old pal Han (and his own sister Leia) and basically abuse / neglect - Kylo Ren - which in TURN makes Kylo turn evil - at least for a time.

Kylo then goes on to terrorize the galaxy as a Sith.

Luke then proceeds to end up as a loner hermit on some far off location...by himself and wanting to be left alone. He even RESISTS Rey's plea for help until she basically demands him to do so and until he's convinced by Leia's plea for help.

I guess the extremes for the Sith are Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine?

With Darth we KNOW he started out as a GOOD Jedi...even did his part to save the galaxy. Then he basically broke the Jedi code and became involved with Padme....then in a fit of rage murdered the beings that kidnapped / killed his mom.

These actions then send him well on his way...murdering the Force-Sensitive children being an example.

Even STILL he had a BIT of good still left...being that he seemed TERRIBLY conflicted while observing Mace Windu's and Emperor Palpatine's death struggle.

I am VERY INTERESTED to know Emperor Palpatine's origins...here is a Sith Lord / Emperor but did a "Good" Jedi fail him too along the way?