If you could do away with one, which would it be?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

With nth metal packs on the MP, it's safe to assume they will be a huge money maker for daybreak as long as they release new artifacts and raise the milestone cap.

With that said, lets say theoretically you were a daybreak employee and given the decision to eliminate or cut back on either replay badges, or time capsules, since metal packs are such a big hit, which would you pick and why? Or would you keep all three and put the extra money elsewhere? Discuss.
  2. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yea dude.... 75k experience. Not gonna lie man thats ultra hard to reconcile in my head lol

Edit: time capsules have to go. Replays are guaranteed progression. Capsules are still a huge gamble and inventory filler
    • Like x 3
  3. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Hmmm, I'd keep all 3 and pay off debts quickly then take a long do vacation and coast.

Then later on, much, much later I'd finally come out with something for the community to run and just count the dough.

Oh wait you were taking about now...

But I thought you were talking about what's happening now.

I got confused my bad, disregard what I said.

"clears throat", I would keep all three, if they brought in a good stream of revenue.

I really don't see the nth metal packs being on RB or TC level though, I am definitely not in touch with the community on that if that is what is hot right now.
  4. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

This is a huge deal. With 3 slots active now. You could make all kinds of loadouts with 3 artifacts, taking them to at least 120 from 0.
  5. kingmasternova Loyal Player

I would remove time capsules, but I would put everything in the quk ventor then put qucork on the MP.Also replace Loyalty points
    With the Qurk so the legendary membership would get a upside.
    (Like we all know all membership benefits need to be updated.)
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Keep all 3, put the extra money towards game improvements and member gifts.
    • Like x 3
  7. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

The loyalty vendor has way more stuff than the Quark vendor.
  8. Balton hero Committed Player

I'd get rid of time capsules since replay badges keep people actually playing the game.
  9. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

Selling nth metal directly is as p2w as you can get. They're not even trying to disguise it.
    • Like x 1
  10. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Keep all three, use the extra money to work on PvP (starting with Legends and Gorilla Grodd)

Or use the extra money for a giant 10th Anniversary Expansion that has as much content as DCUO had at launch (they'd need to start working on it now to get it ready for 2021). :D
  11. useless Well-Known Player

I would put replay badges in time capsules,time capsules unlocked in quark vendor,quarks on market....wait,no,other way around....wait,no...
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i would get rid of time capsules with the "choice" items going for sale in the marketplace and then scattering the other stuff throughout content as rewards for completing collections and briefings and as content drops in their corresponding content (i.e. lantern emblems in lantern content, the crown of hades in af content etc etc).

i get the evils of replays but i also like being able to replay at my leisure. plus its the preferred method of paying to unlock feats and styles.

i dont know what to make of the new metal packs. we've gone full frontal with this one...
  13. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I'm not decided on Nth Metal packs yet - depends on how necessary they'll feel later on as higher artifacts are expected to succeed in endgame. If I had the power to change the monetization system, I'd keep both Replays and Time Capsules.

Instead of removing either of those, I'd remove the cash cap and make all episode content free to play. Why? Because Replays aren't gamechanging anymore since the best gear is on the vendor, and the only thing that makes Time Capsules pay2win is that you need to pay for a subscription to be able to buy and sell TC items ingame.
    Whole game, including TC items, available for everyone without paying upfront = more people trying out and populating the game = improved broker economy and queue times and potentially more MP purchases from people who don't feel forced to subscribe anymore

and since I know the responses that mentioning the cash cap usually triggers here, I'll show myself out.
    • Like x 1
  14. Xibo Loyal Player

I would remove Time Capsules and put all their stuff (Styles, materials, etc...) directly in the Marketplace, remove also the feat points attached and give it to the players and also remove the Stabilizer Duo.

Reduce Lockboxes price from 250 to 100.
    Buff damage from Legends in 40% in PvE instances.
    Change from 10 to 50 feat points for grind feats in LPVE.
    Double PvP rewards from 200 to 500 MoV each victory and from 100 to 200 MoV each defeat.
    • Like x 2
  15. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I would use the money to revamp the warehouse they LOVE to use almost every DLC.........

Jokes aside, they should put the money into new and BETTER content with NEW maps and locations. They should also hit up ALL the QoL changes that need to be made that have been listed over the years.
    • Like x 1
  16. Apollodarkblade21 Well-Known Player

If I had to get rid of one it would be time capsules because the other two you program them once and you’re done it’s all profit after. With time capsules you’re paying an employee to come up with new ideas for styles, collections, collection names and then paying someone to put them in the game all the while they only last a few months then you do it again so the profit window is very slim.
    • Like x 2
  17. L T Devoted Player

I like opening time capsules. I love my infinite time capsules-- I kept them on every toon and I open them frequently whenever I need a fix. Very therapeutic.

I don't hate replays. I mainly use them to unlock feats and styles, but I occasionally replay content also.

Like Crimson Mayhem, I think both of these are a little unfair on top of a required subscription fee. The "premium" level of membership/nonmembership is broken. Selling something called an "Ultimate Edition" that doesn't include all the benefits is flat-out dishonest.

Most of my artifacts are in the 80-100 range. I don't really like nth metal being for sale. I'll probably wind up buying some detectors. Which I probably shouldn't have to buy, since I already pay a subscription.

So I probably wouldn't get rid of either replays or time capsules... I think it's the wrong discussion to be having.
    • Like x 1
  18. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

19. Proxystar #Perception

What are you talking about when they raise the cap to 180 and 200 it'll be 1.4mil and 2.8mil experience, just scrap both replays and capsules at that rate. ;)
    • Like x 1
  20. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

Speaking from consumer standpoint, I’d do away with the Time capsules...

Putting myself in the devs shoes, Time Capsules are a necessary evil for the good I want to do with the game.