If someone else is doing a pot of gold, don't join in

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Giga Vamm, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Not because it's bad to do so but because there are people who get mad about it and may verbally attack you for doing so. Not sure why they care so much, but I guess they don't like to share credit with strangers?

I always liked getting help with this one since the coins scatter and the more people there are, the more coins get collected without being missed. That's just me, though. :D
    • Like x 1
  2. Ferret2 Well-Known Player

I prefer people jump in and help. Goes faster
    • Like x 11
  3. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Just curious, do you spam weapon attacks on the pot of gold?
    • Like x 1
  4. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Completely agree. There was a lot of sarcasm in my title. ;)
  5. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Nope, barely hit it 1-2 times, wait for the gold, then do so again. I collected a gold coin, hit the pot 1-2 times, and then was called an obscenity for my efforts by the person who stopped moving to type to me instead of help.
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Okay, I haven't started on the seasonal yet, so it wasn't me that yelled. :D

That being said, I'm firmly in the "find your own spawn" camp of the discussion. There's plenty of spawns across the city so the actual need to jump in on spawns other players are working on is pretty low, it's a solo mission and even those with the best of intentions can end up making a simple-and-quick seasonal mission an exercise in frustration.

I don't need or want the help for such a simple mission and would much rather be left alone to take care of it in my own way. That's just me, though.
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I've actually had someone get upset about this. Funny how people think its THEIR pot because the got there first.

I've done this event for so many years now. I just beat the pot to death and grab what coins I can. Someone else might grab them if I don't.

Those who get butt hurt. Get over it.
    • Like x 1
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I don't care if people jump in as long as they don't spam and let all the gold out at once. When that happens i wish we had a slap emote for people of the same faction, they need the piss smacked out of them.
    • Like x 9
  9. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

*grabs green coin*
    • Like x 5
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I hate it when people do that, but not the ones that actually help pick up the 12 coins on the ground at the same time. It's the people who just shoot the pot to death and stand there watching while you run all over and only manage to snag like 3 coins total, lol. I'd welcome you in my group anytime.
    • Like x 2
  11. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I only get mad when they spam the pot of gold and don't pick any up and just stand there, like wtf dude, if you don't got the mission or if you want me to pick up for you, that's a no thx lol
    • Like x 7
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Isn't that the point? Or is it that you get points when the whole group gets stunned? Can never remember with all these seasonals.
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That's the only issue i've ever had. If it's just two of you, you're not gonna be able to grab them all...so don't let them all out.
    • Like x 2
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Every time I read this thread title, it sounds like "SAY NO TO DRUGS!" thread.
    • Like x 3
  15. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

i will never understand why some players act like Larfleeze.
    • Like x 4
  16. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

I don't care if you join me as long as you aren't making it rain boulders on me. Everything else is manageable but the boulders knock you down and out of animations and land on the coins. Great hera they are a pain in the neck. Take your time. Pick up one coin. Hit the pot one time. And you can get credit for the coins. No need go spam and trap me in an avalanche
    • Like x 2
  17. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Maybe they’re trying to convince the devs to make orange lanterns the next powerset?
    • Like x 1
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Don't do them by me then. I just slash the pot and grab what I grab. It's not a race to see who is most efficient at getting coins.
  19. StealthBlue Loyal Player

There are only so many pots between the safehouse and Superman statue, then along the tour. If I can avoid having to look for other pots, it saves me time and I can move on to another alt or something more interesting. Every time someone breaks the pot immediately, that's at least one more pot I have to find. It could be more of they break the pot and run out of the way, expecting me to pick up all the coins so they get credit too without having to deal with the consequences.
    • Like x 2
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Hmm. I just still outside midtown police station. There are three pots right next to it that spawn quickly. Your talking another min, maybe, that it takes.