If joker was to return.....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fearlantern77, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Fearlantern77 Well-Known Player

Would Jason Todd be actually introduce into the game officially? So is Mark hamill not an option anymore since he did Last laugh? I know he busy doing movies, and supposedly doing the killing joke animated movie. The joker and Red Hood showing up would makes sense since their tied together in way, or will we never get them?

[IMG]
  2. EconoKnight XIII Legion

The Joker Last Laugh story would be an outlet to bring him back in a big way. Joker discovers he has cancer and decides to put a cap on his legacy by "jokerizing" a bunch of villains:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Joker's_Last_Laugh

I still don't understand why they can't just get another voice actor; movies and tv don't re-record all past episodes of something just because they replace an actor. Even video games don't re-record - Keifer Sutherland wasn't put into all past editions of a Metal Gear Solid.
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

And we still have the original Wonder Woman in a few early missions

Difference is, is that Hamill is pretty much iconic Joker, which, in a way, is a bit sad :(
  4. BlueDynamo Active Player

Why is that sad?
  5. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Best two replacements for Mark Hamil, Troy Baker and John Dimaggio.

Troy Baker
    Start at 1:16

John Dimaggio

6. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Because nobody has been able to step up and deliver something as memorable.
    • Like x 1
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Because he is unavailable and they don't have anyone else good enough, Hamill is the voice of Joker, like Mel Blanc was the voice of Bugs Bunny and Jim Henson was Kermit
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

No offense to either of tem, but if they are the best possible replacements, then it will be a sad day when Hamill fully retires (Hamill barely even has to try)
  9. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Have you even heard the voice work of Troy Baker, he sounds eeriely similar to Mark Hamil.

Actually it takes a quite of effort for Mark Hamil. In a interview he said that his Joker voice puts a lot of strain on his throat. This is why he is semi-retired, he will only reprise his role if its the right project. Like The Killing Joke or WB giving him a nice big fat pay cheque.
    • Like x 1
  10. Lionxoft Committed Player

Troy Baker was great as the Joker in Batman: Arkham Origins.

(Starts at 3:32)
  11. Fearlantern77 Well-Known Player

I bought all the Arkham games except Knight because of certain reasons. I thought he did sounded like mark joker, but he just sounds younger when he does the voice. He would be the best second choice, unless anyone else think there someone. They both sound similar but troy has a distinct expression.
  12. Lionxoft Committed Player

Just want to point out that as of today Arkham Knight is back on sale and caught up with the DLC. It is also running pretty smoothly on my machine after today's update.
  13. Fearlantern77 Well-Known Player

Okay i didn't want to make another thread about joker but did he return for the christmas seasonal event vault run? I Never heard batman smells robin laid an egg joker got away I don't remember hearing it last year.