If a boss (npc) is immune to a power ability (status)...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Doctor Nova, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Does the power status interaction aspect do nothing?

Scenario: I use Horrific Visage on the boss or bounty and see in text "immune" where damage numbers appear floating above the npc. I do this ability to apply terrified status to the npc. When I follow it up with Psychic Shock and Mass Terror which does more damage to terrified enemies... am i doing more damage if they are immune to terrified status?

I'm wondering why is the text saying "immune" in there? It's not in combat log and I already know that all npcs may or may not become the twisting it into a monster that cannot defend itself. Some npcs roll a 20 (RNG/dice crit) and resist. Just curious.

....checking the combat log, it seems I do get the status effect and boosted damage with the follow up attacks. maybe. not sure. The combat log can be weird.
    • Mr Freeze knocks out Mr Freeze. What??? I guess that's a status effect causing damage i put on Mr Freeze that eventually KOs him.
    • I can KO a npc and then cause damage to them? (strange order of events) Seen also when I use Horrific Visage first, and then Psychic Shock... Psychic Shock sometimes hits before Horrific Visage in the log??

Also, been noticing trinket pets sometimes attacking an NPC I'm not targeting and had not targeted anytime prior. They're wonky. I've seen them just stand near me and never attack the npc I'm blasting with ability attacks too.

Random observation, getting out of combat status varies a lot. It can be immediate in a solo mission vs certain npcs or take 5 to 10 seconds other times. I can't figure out a rhyme or reason to it varying so much. I'm not taking damage and no npc nearby... still gonna take 10 seconds here but not in another same scenario? /shrug. Plus, acrobatics.... rocket assisted glide.... it's wonky too with it's measured elevation differences and the amount of time pressing the button for up or down. Sure, it has to be different from flight, but can I tap the button to enable it and glide above the ground without going up 3 or 5 measured elevations and having to come back down? If I hold the button, send me up high, sure. What happened to animation for using the armory... seems a few t6hings happening there. clap and then smoke bomb??? ok. I noticed vs WV bounties in patchwork... when the skull attacks from bounties, hold block the bounty bada boom is coming... I see others get knocked back, then a second later, my character gets knocked back. 0o odd.

nada mucho. just observations. nothing urgent or game disrupting. more of a quality of life thang. I know so many different companies have been involved in the game since launch. i can still complete all content in the game. I still do not have artifacts ranked up, out of respect to other players time, I'll not try elite modes until i have artifacts ranked up. (i left in 2016 and came back this year)
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah, Horrific Visage still terrifies the enemies even if they aren’t turned into ghosts. The contagious aspect still works too. And that first damage tick does take a while, but the terror is immediate. A terrified enemy will have an orange swirl around their head.
    • Like x 2
  3. Plowed In Loyal Player

“Immune” is replacing either the form change, panic, or stun effect (not 100% sure which with Mass Hysteria). But as BPM said, the terrify PI is still applied.
    • Like x 1