Ideas to make pvp better

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by thedemonocus, Jan 16, 2021.

1. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Idk how to fix pvp but i do have a couple of ideas that might make it a little better than it is.

1: disable roles and make all pvp dps

healers and tanks have too much of an advantage to the point where they are almost or in some case are invincible(looking at you atomic) who wants to fight someone you have 0 chance with who can just stand there and laugh because you can't do any damage to them

2: disable artifacts in pvp

I know these wouldn't be a complete fix but it would be better than what we have now and make pvp fights a little more fair and would probably be a quick easy fix for the devs to do
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

No ones gonna disagree with you. But realistically, you should really just stop caring. Pvp is abandoned. Thousands of posts at this point about it. No updates in over half a decade? They've literally said No plans for at least the last 3 years. It's nice to dream but if you aren't just going to duel in the watchtower and talk trash, I'd skip the entire pvp aspect of this game.
  3. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Another idea since pvp has been abandoned is grant us the feats for pvp or let us buy the pvp feats with replays.
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I don't disagree but I'm honestly just not even getting into it anymore. The game already has way too many stat points. I can't call them skill anymore.
  5. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

I thought artifacts were already disabled in pvp
    • Like x 1
  6. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Some simple recommendations, which should not require much technical effort at all, whilst paving the way for possible expansion of online DCUO PVP population and possible revenue generation from DCUO PVP:
    - Making some Legends characters available for all players regularly via weekly rotation
    - Making all Legends characters available for all players via monthly/2 months/3 months rotation
    - Making all Legends characters available for in-game purchase via in-game currency (instead of just real $ via buying episodes or subbing).
    - Allowing players to check on their own individual game ping via the touch of a button (customizable in settings/preferences). This allows each player to immediately view their ping during PVP gameplay (applies to PVE as well!) and then make adjustments accordingly (change their pc/laptop/console/service provider/router etc).

Making Legends characters more freely available allows for the potential of selling skins. DCUO has tried doing this for PVP but it doesn't work mainly due to the much much lower PVP population.

Game ping used to be easily accessible once upon a time. That changed around the time when DCUO encountered regular DDOS attacks/attempts. It is a travesty to not have game ping easily shown in-game to the individual player when it is a common feature for other games (be it pve/pvp or both).
    • Like x 1
  7. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Ban PC players from PVP entirely or start actively banning verified speed hackers.

Otherwise, no, no amount of changes to the current PVP will make it viable again.
  8. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Just bing back the rps mechanics so roles mean something for team play.

Dog form is a menace.

Controllers feel more tanky than tanks.

Let tanks be tanks. There is no plausible reason I should be popping heals and get damaged for 4 yo 500 and healing for 150. What's the point. Let tanks bring their mechanics back to pvp. Stop balancing around 1v1s. The game was never designed with that I. Mind. Dueling was added because we met up with villains at star labs to make fight club while waiting for pvp queues to pop.
  9. kristemo New Player

Just here to show my support. I love pvp and I hope they start caring about it. That is all.
  10. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Not all pc players are hackers and cheaters so punishing all pc players for the deeds of a few is discrimination and not fair to the legit pc players like me. As it is i have pretty much thrown in the towel on pvp anyways and barely play it anymore other and a match here and there. None of the multi player pvp stuff Qs anymore so all you really have now is 1v1 in the batcave because that seems to be the only Q that pops now days and a lot of the time you will face the same guy over and over so if its an op tank ,healer or hacker i just quit pvp for that day. Legends pvp seems a little more fair but some legends are also op and legends takes forever to pop when you Q it most of the time.
  11. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

"not all PC players".

Yeah, but before PC / PS integration, the incidence of PVP cheating using a hack was 0%.

I've seen speed hackers twice in the last week, in the current era.

So... yeah, either zero tolerance on third-party additions for PC side, or "don't bother fixing PVP because there's no point in playing a game where cheating isn't banned"
  12. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Banning the cheaters is great ,banning someone from a game feature just because they are on pc is discrimination.
    • Like x 1
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Give pc players their own pvp servers?
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

The third option was "hardcode the game to disallow all third party software add-ons while being played".

Which I notice you softshoed around responding to.

Other companies have already taken this step in order to avoid interference with their product, indicating that our developers could - in theory - do that if they wanted to.
  15. thedemonocus Loyal Player

How did i softshoe around that? I said banning hackers was a good thing so whatever they need to hardcode for that to happen is fine with me. I'm just looking for fair fights in pvp because when its fair it can be pretty fun.
  16. Brit Loyal Player

Ideas to make PvP better. Rewards.

It has been YEARS since we got a new PvP set. YEARS.

Looking over absolutely all the old content in the game, players seem to rarely play things that no longer have rewards. MMOs are traditionally built on the foundation of a gear treadmill, where players keep playing so that they can get gear to improve their characters. When there is no more improvement gear, there is a rapidly decreasing interest in running stuff "just for fun" without the rewards.

Once per year, we need a new PvP set. That single change will immediately see an increase in PvP queuing. Players who like PvP, but have all their stuff, will have a reason to queue up again. Players who hate PvP but feel compelled to complete the styles will queue up as well. Players who discover that suddenly large numbers of extra players are queuing up will then queue up as well, because those matches are actually popping.

Every single time that a new PvP set has been introduced previously, PvP has immediately seen an increase in people playing, even if nothing else gets "fixed".

Most players are simply unwilling to devote large amounts of time playing content that has no rewards. We need a new PvP set so there is something to work towards again.
    • Like x 1
  17. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Agreed, I'd like to see them rotate the 4 to 8 man instances like legends PVE so you could catch a queue more easily personally.

But rewards or PVP specific drops would be nice for sure.
  18. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

wtf no it wasn't
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

for those of us on PS? Yeah, it was, there was no speed hacking in PVP. Can't speak to PC playership, but speed hacking wasn't an issue for PS players until PC integration brought PC players and speed hacking to us.
  20. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

There was speed hacking tho.... and that stupid invisibility hack