idea: sparring targets for more roles

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by xskateXX, Aug 23, 2014.

1. xskateXX Well-Known Player

i have this idea for long time
    why wont u make sparring targets for other roles
    like for tank: sparring target that attacks u wih random bb and one handed combos or diffrent weapons and stuff like that and u need to survive
    but it cannot kill you and restores power
    for trollers: sparring target that use power and u need to keep her at full power and u gonna debuff her
    healers: sparring target that takes damage and u need to keep her alive
    and will restore ur power
    • Like x 7
  2. Zezimar Committed Player

To be honest it's a great idea, how many times we wanted to try heal/tank/troll loadouts but you had to q some stance to really be able to try them, thumbs up my friend ;)
    • Like x 1
  3. Crimson Jonni New Player

So essentially a (and forgive my quoting of anything marvel) danger room like the Xmansion has?
    Where you can practice against or with dynamic AI? That sounds sweet, the sparring room in leaguehalls already resembles the danger room in a way anyway. +1
    For dps i could try my rotations and for trolling i could work on ticking and ect
  4. xskateXX Well-Known Player

thanks for the support
    i really hope the devs gonna do something with it
  5. VintageWine Dedicated Player

I really support this idea. :) Hopefully we can get this topic to stay on the first page.

There's nothing wrong with the sparring targets that we have now. They are great for practice when you want to have that muscle memory part down because -of course- they don't die. As someone who has a healer alt in the making and everyone else as well, would love to have this. As of now our friends and league mates are pretty much lab rats, lol.

Hope your idea comes out in game, buddy. :D

Have fun gaming! :)
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

You forgot the teleporter to the sparring target room in your league hall where you could attack the targets as a legends pvp character!
  7. xskateXX Well-Known Player

hehe that can be good
    sparring target to check legends u wanna buy
    maybe at the vendor they can put a test button
  8. Avian Dedicated Player

Great idea.
  9. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

Itd be nice that with a sparring target it came with a switch that had options like this.

Youd choose the role it'd be for so we can test things like our heals,power healing, damage and how much damage we can take.

So the options would be
    Tank
    DPS
    Healer
    Controller

And after you chose the role you could actually choose the CR level of that sparring target so you can get a good idea on how you compare minus skill points. Skill points are very variable so i dont think they should be included as a factor on a dummy that can change CR. So the whole mystery factor is if a person has a certain CR and something is slightly amiss maybe that have more SP and they specced into more health or more power or something.

Can we please do that? That would help give me an idea on how i stack up.

A few things i wonder about though

The troll and healer sparring targets, would they use power themselves and u power heal?

I think it should be like this.

According to the CR, a sparring target would have the appropriate amount of health thatd youd expect at that CR (minus skill points) and you see how well you can fill their health bar and when it fills up the health bar resets.

Id say the same goes for the troll version sparring target only instead of health it would be the appropriate amount of power youd expect a person to have at that CR that you then power heal that whole bar.

As for the tank... What then? The sparring target attacks you and you see how much damage you take from lets say a sparring target that was a 89 cr.

Im worried what happens if you get down? Will the target rez you up or will u just simply die? That doesnt sound good.
    Also seeing as how ppl dont lose much of anything from damaging or healing a target besides power temporarily it should be set that when the sparring target attacks you it SHOULD NOT damage your gear. That would suck and might prevent a tank from using a sparring target sometimes.

Another thing, there are different types of enemies in this game that have varying attacks that do more or less damage and also stun you. Itd be a really nice feature if you can change the target to a certain enemy that you can test with. It would use the same attacks as the real enemy but it doesnt damage your gear while you see how much damage you can take while maybe practicing rage crash while the enemy also stuns you to test how you manage.

That all being said this sounds like a real task but i think A LOT OF PPL would love it and it may be a great teaching tool for some ppl willing to learn.
  10. xskateXX Well-Known Player

maybe if we can keep this post on the first place enough time one of the devs gonna look at it
    that can be vey good feuturue for this game
  11. DivineSire Dedicated Player

Nice!! and throw the "take us out of combat immediately" thing with it
  12. Epicness246 New Player

i support this idea :) keep the post up! this needs to be implemented into the game!
  13. Sir Arcanium New Player

Some of these things are very possible without any real additions to the game or tons of programing. If you've made a new character within the last few years you'll notice the sparing targets in the braniac ship that try and teach you the counter mechanics. One that constantly lunges at you so you learn to block, one that ranges so you counter etc. So the offensive sparing targets wouldn't be to hard from a coding perspective.

Putting one 'in your group' so you can heal or power it might be a bit tough. If nothing else just have them run some kind of NPC generator. Where you pick a scenario and go into a quick solo instance to test out your stuff. Sort of like a challenge, but no loot rewards or the like. Just designed to test out your load outs, perhaps have 3 or 4 different types to fit all roles and you pick one of them. It wouldn't take any more work than survival mode and fill roughly the same role, except dealing with one person instead of a group.
  14. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

Honestly, I would love an upgrade to Sparring Targets.

I noticed this when I was working on my current Celestial DPS, but sparring targets are only so useful. Granted, you can work on muscle memory, but that isn't necessarily effective when you get into actual combat.

I can do the celestial combos (and now Weapon Mastery Combos) pretty much 100% of the time on a sparring Target (maybe closer to 95%), but get into combat, with a boss that hits back knocks you down or just interrupts you, not to mention 3-7 other people running around and that "success" rate goes down. A lot. Some fights I just start spamming normal combos cause I end up doing better then constantly failing a weapon mastery combo.
  15. Melas Level 30

Simulation room for league halls. You choose situation (heal three allies, for example) on control panel and teleport into room. Not worth the effort.[IMG]
  16. xskateXX Well-Known Player

ye
    no more phase changing for nothing!