Idea for material skins.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Dec 12, 2017.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You mean you want to see the Astral Alloy style for example with say Phoenix Material in the sections where it's currently Cosmic??? If that's what you mean, that would be pretty awesome....and should go in the marketplace with several variants.
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Your cynicism is causing you to ignore the real situation, which is that there are tech limitations due to design decisions made over years ago that make certain things currently not possible.
    • Like x 1
  3. Aquajet Well-Known Player

A lot of people are in for a rude awakening when they realize the PS3 isn't what's been holding back most of the things this game can't do. We've been telling the naysayers this for years now, but no one wanted to listen. Personally, I can't wait for the disappointment to finally settle in.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Not the Astral Alloy style but maybe a few different styles showing off the different materials.
  5. nawanda Loyal Player

You think the future of the game is in the balance because people can't apply materials to a colour slot in their palette? I've never seen that issue mentioned in any of the 'I quit" threads. Be sure to mention it in yours.
    • Like x 1
  6. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I think it might be to their choice of game engine. I think they currently use UE3 and for this to be possible they would probably have to convert over to UE4. However, that process in itself is so complicated that it's almost pointless to completely convert the whole game onto a new version of said engine. It is possible but extremely risky and time consuming. I felt that it would eventually come to this but you can only hope.
  7. Revafall Well-Known Player

The biggest problem with this game has always been that, when the devs make new features or create something in general, they always take the easy way and do not make sure they can expand on the system in the future, so it comes back to bite them in the ***, once they have to touch it and make improvements. But yeah, let's see how much ps3 was holding the game back in January, and we'll finally know if it's because of that platform or the guys in the building ;)
    • Like x 2
  8. Revafall Well-Known Player

First of all Cap, you're putting words in his mouth. All he's saying is that he hopes that most limitations can be worked out, so they don't have such a big impact on what the devs can do with the game in the future, because the game has so many limitations, it makes it hard to improve on anything that was already made.
    • Like x 1
  9. nawanda Loyal Player

I asked a question and then stated my own opinion. I'm happy for the poster I replied to to answer my question if I have misunderstood what he wrote.

I think a dev answered his question truthfully and factually and he reacted by implying that she had "brushed aside" his concern. I thought that was unfair.
  10. Revafall Well-Known Player

I don't see anything wrong with what he said. The "brushed aside" part was just to point out that, once the game has limitations in certain areas, they don't try to overcome them and instead just say "we can't do that".
  11. nawanda Loyal Player

It's a forum for opinions, I've made mine clear. Why are you debating the opinions of people who still play a game that you quit playing? Have you got nothing better to do?
  12. Revafall Well-Known Player

No I don't :)
  13. Ultra Lightspeed Active Player

Hopefully, the end of PS3 will open up new avenues rather than simply fix or enhance existing features
  14. Icon Active Player

I have played this game for several years now on a daily basis and I have spoken with a great multitude of players on this topic and many others. Is this factor alone a reason for people to jump ship? No, however it along with many other items are points of concern regarding the game's popularity status going forward. Character customization is at the heart of a superhero MMO and any limitations to that effect will be met with frustration and disappointment to players that care about it just like players who care a great deal about PvP. I personally have no interest in PvP but I understand the players frustrations with the lack of attention it receives.

Grant you, many of the people I've had conversation with do not post their opinions in the forums for whatever reason however I'm certain it's due in partial to the toxic community spilling over from the game into the forums where players attack each other's opinion rather than provide thoughtful insight to the overall health and longevity of the game. The game is never going to be perfect or satisfy everything for everyone but that shouldn't discourage people who wish to see improvements from expressing their opinions and concerns.

The player who responded to your retort of my post understood perfectly what I stated, it's a shame you did not and chose instead to question my opinion and make a passive aggressive suggestion in response to it by saying I should mention my opinion in my "I quit" thread. This type of infighting is precisely the kind of thing that pollutes the community. If you scroll down further to see the Dev's response to my post you will also see that I thanked her for her quick and honest feedback.
  15. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

I've said before, they should just release a Galactic Material, an improved Cosmic, keep everyone happy.

Special materials in capsules, variants on the marketplace would seem like a simple thing to implement.
  16. nawanda Loyal Player

The player in question has posted thread after thread on these forums under two different usernames, complaining about every aspect of DCUO imaginable. He also used to be in my league and complained a lot on mic about the game then too. He's a consistent complainer. He has quit playing. Of course he is likely to agree with your complaints. This isn't intended as a dig at that individual and I have commented that he is at least consistent in his unhappiness with the game.

I'll take your allegation that my original response to your post was passive-aggressive on the chin. It probably was.

I just think with these forums we seem to actually have a dev who is consistently answering challenging questions. That is really, really good to see and a big improvement on any of the other devs' activity here. I think we might all agree it will be a shame if she stops answering questions as frequently if in doing so, fairly and honestly, she's getting flak for things beyond her control.
    • Like x 1
  17. TestReporter Loyal Player

Mepps already said that PS3 dropping will almost not change anything. Sometimes the hard way takes too many resources, maybe they weren't capable of doing it in the past because of manpower and time and had to release it the easy way.
    • Like x 1
  18. Revafall Well-Known Player

Why exactly do you have to attack and insult me on here? This just shows how immature you really are as a grown up man. Yes I've complained a lot about the game, because I love the game and I want it to do well, I'm just not the type of person that puts on a blind fold and go "Ohhh nothing is wrong, I'll just keep playing and keep giving this game money, even though it's not nearly worth my hard work getting them" that's not how I roll. I open my mouth unlike some other people and if you don't like that, that's YOUR problem not mine.

I don't recall having insulted you in any shape or form in the past, except that one time where you treated one of my friends dispectfully.
  19. Revafall Well-Known Player

I get where you're coming from, but the truth is just that when you work on programming, you always wanna make sure your coding structure is clean and can be expanded opon later on and they haven't done that, since day 1. It wouldn't really make any sense for them to drop the PS3, if it doesn't have a significant impact on the game, which was also what Mepps stated in the post, that they wanted to continue to make DCUO better, on PS4 and the other platforms.
  20. Megzilla Developer

From a graphic perspective, sunsetting the PS3 means we have a bit more wiggle room with our memory limit. I don't really know how it affects other departments.
    • Like x 1