Idea for "Inspiration" Power Cast Animation

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Grim931, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Grim931 Committed Player

As the topic states, I think it would be really awesome if upon activating the move "Inspiration" your character pulls out a lantern to recharge his/her ring. It seems to be one thing that is missing from the Hard Light powerset ability, and I think it would be more unique than the current animation.

If someone likes this idea, could you take the time to post it on the Testing Feedback thread?
  2. That guy New Player

Not a bad idea, but people will argue that they are not real GLs, hence not having lanterns or something like that.

My idea would be to make a construct armour on your right hand when it's activated. Something minimalistic, yet easily noticable.

[IMG]

^Like this, but only on your right hand.
    • Like x 1
  3. Grim931 Committed Player

I know a lot of people wanted the construct armor that Arkillo (sp?) had, where it surrounded most of the characters main body. The downside with that would be the clipping issue with some of the player's gear. I also wanted this but I just felt that this new idea I had would be easy and manageable for almost any character.

I understand that we as the players are only "deputized" lanterns, I just think it would be cool pulling out a real one and "charging" the ring we have for increased attack.
  4. Dylan Top5 New Player

I just want a reskin of bloodlust, just so we can see who got the buff
    • Like x 1
  5. Senshirou Committed Player

They really need to do something that's for sure.
  6. Sarcasm Committed Player

Yeah I think the arkillo armor would be good for Inspiration .
  7. That guy New Player

That's why I'm saying to make it only a hand armour, just something to indicate who has this buff without too much visual pollution. Half the things clip with each other in this game anyway, so I wouldnt mind it, really.
  8. Grim931 Committed Player

Why not both then? The player who activates Inspiration could pull out the lantern and gain the armor over the right hand while the left hand holds the lantern. Any other team member with the buff could also gain this Hard Light gauntlet effect.
  9. xFearMe Active Player

Yea I think a gauntlet would be perfect for the animation. I need anything extravagant. I just want something.