id like to say sorry to Odyssey

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gerbal, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerbal New Player

So i was pulled into a group the other day by a league that i consider to be a good skilled league to run paradox with. Im asked if i know about the infinite health glitch the lw+tk exploit and the door glitch. I answer ive heard about them. They say were going to get the epic odyssey ft using those exploits do u wanna dps it. I declined. I understand people want gear marks feats and the best things but i personally feel this is killing the game. The devs named a feat after a league that is amazing. I also feel there are players on all servers who are as good or maybe better then odyssey. Im not speaking for odyssey but i feel we as a community are slapping them in the face by taking advantage of silly exploits to get something that was named after our fellow players. I know people can play the way they want but lets not disrespect those who have been front runners in this game. I cant speak for everyone because some really dont care but for me and my friends in dcuo, odyssey and those who have pushed the levels of the game legit. Im Sorry!
    • Like x 14
  2. Breedin Bull New Player

Sooo...did you get the feat?
  3. Gerbal New Player

I didnt go in with them. They did get it tho
    • Like x 1
  4. crownclownking New Player

so did the group get the feat?
  5. Gerbal New Player

Yes the group did get the feat. I was told they also got amazing loot drops.
    • Like x 1
  6. Lightful New Player

Why are you apologizing if you declined?
  7. crownclownking New Player

should have gone they got amazing loot
  8. Gerbal New Player

Im saying sorry on behalf of those that respect them.
    • Like x 1
  9. Zeikial Committed Player

funny how I see players in lfg shouting for just hard light and mental dps, some dps cant even get into a raid group unless there mental or hard light some groups wouldn't even be able to finish these raids if not for this. But yet the devs idly sit by and let these things take place and the player skill level will never get better
    • Like x 1
  10. Gerbal New Player

Lol as that is true im good. I will get the feat and gear one day but ill play the way i want to in doing it. Besides the best gear in the game doesnt make you better
    • Like x 4
  11. Shadow Vlad New Player

Yeah it's prime all over again. Can't say nobody saw it coming.
  12. The Doctor Loyal Player

So you want an invite to join Odyssey and this is your roundabout way of brown nosing? Well played.
    • Like x 6
  13. crownclownking New Player

tell that to all the ppl shouting need roles for nexus or paradox 97+ u should have gone who cares about the feat u missed out on the amazing loot lol
    • Like x 1
  14. Gerbal New Player

I remember watching FNL featuring odyssey in Nexus and how excited the devs were. Like they were in the midst of superstars but yet they sit back and let players take away from there abilities and greatness. Im not saying odyssey is the greatest but what they have done for this game is awesome and i give credit where its due. Its named after them again they may not feel this way but id be mad people are exploiting this feat while they still havent gotten it because they are doing it legit
    • Like x 3
  15. Gerbal New Player

No im on usps3 lol. I think theyve done great things for the game
    • Like x 1
  16. Gokaigerbay New Player

Its pretty dumb.
    There is no point in even trying to pug Paradox at all. Because all it is, is people trying to learn to glitch it.

9/10 of my attempts of good geared groups have been, they get one or two bosses down. Get struck at one. Wipe 2-3 times. Then they proceed to spend the next 2-3 hours trying to figure out how to glitch it.

Its ridiculous how fast new raids are made arbitary in a matter of weeks, not even 1 month since release.

Not because of the rate people gear up and beat it, but at the rate at how they spend most of their time glitching it than actually playing the game.

I looked at videos on the encounter, things to watch out for. I know the general method, and try to help out by going over things to watch out for, and things to try to get a hold of the mechanics. But they flat out don't listen, and keep talking about how to glitch, and jumping around standing on corners, trying to trick AI around walls and barriers. They just don't care about learning the game.
    • Like x 4
  17. Gerbal New Player

Agreed.
    • Like x 1
  18. Purple Ace New Player

LOLOLOL all you have to do is a little research in the Gotham city section to know what league it was that got the feat. It's sad when a well known pvp league. The feat is considered "THE" feat for pve imo and to see it glitched to get it.....well blah
  19. smutdog New Player

I posted this in a thread the was shut down minutes after I posted it so I recieved no feedback, so I wanted to put it up here,
    I really want to know what the Dev's actions are so I can move forward accordingly.

This issue for something like this for me is not so much that people do it, While I like to beat content legit, if I'm in a pug and the majority want to do something like this, it kills me to have to leave after doing all the work to get to the last boss. That being said I do leave out of fear/rumors that people are or will get banned for doing this. To me the Dev's of this game need to be way more up front about a situation like this, A simple statement to acknowledge the situation and to let people know what the punishment (if any) wopuld be for doing a glitch. My honest opinion is nothing will be done to players doing it but it will be fix as soon as they can "figure" it out, but
    on the other hand it's not worth being banned over so I have left a few raids out of that fear (i've played my toon too long to lose him).
    So step up and at least address this issue to the people in this thread......much like the glitch, the news will travel via word of mouth. STOP LETTING THINGS GO UNSAID DEV's as it's not fair to put players in a situation where they want to raid but come to the end and are forced to decide to "let" others glitch or leave out of an unknown fear. LET US KNOW SOMETHING......
  20. Gerbal New Player

My
    My intention is not to bash the league or tarnish there rep. Just to point out what people are doing and appoligize to the ones the feat was named after.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.