Iconic Supercharge generator

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Stanktonia, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Can we have a long range iconic supercharge generator. It would help those of us that have melee range generators, since its not necessarily practical to be close range in elite content.
    • Like x 1
  2. L T Devoted Player

It would certainly be cool to have that option... but being able to run with 2 supercharge generator abilities might unbalance things. Not that things are... you know... exactly balanced... but still.
  3. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I have a better idea. Lets get rid of all SC generators.

It's a relic left over from the AM's days that I absolutely despise.

On a side note*

Do you use the Manacles of Force artifact?
    • Like x 2
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

When did we have SC generators during AM era?
  5. Knarlydude Loyal Player

light
    You know exactly what I am saying..............but just in case ( relic* meaning leftover AM mentality )
    But to answer your question and I am sure that you already know this.
    Our hit counters were out SC generators not a designated power.

Unless I am mistaken.
    The same dev that pushed out the SC generators is the same dev that did most of the works on AM's.
    As well as both using the same 1,2,3,4 Big Boom format.

SC generators are AM's light and nothing more.
    AM's had 1,2,3,4 boom and SC generators have 1,2,3,4,....2,3,4,.....1,2,3,4,..... 2,3,4,....1,2,3,4......SC
    It reminds me of when my kids were little and them telling me it's the same but only different. xD

IMO, DCUO needs to dump the SC and revert back to the something that works like the old hit counter. Something like 5 hits in a row without being interrupted and you get the same effect as the SC generator.

Then there is no issue with SCG's not working with everything like we have now.

Don't get me wrong.....
    I have always Liked super charges but I do not like needing to add a special power PLUS the super charge itself on a load out just to get that SC faster.
    Especially when that power does not work with everything. That is the exact opposite of what the Revamp was supposedly all about.
  6. pultinski Well-Known Player

the 5 hits idea would be great for precsion players. in 1.3 seconds, with rifle i can get my hit counter to 7. unless you include aoe dots, where each dmg tick on each target counts as a hit , hit counters for might players would be at a huge disadvantage when compared to their precision opposites. i could generate 2x the SC vs hitting a 0.5 CD power 5 times ( using your idea of 5 hits ).
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Make it work like single target taunts. Add a timer on it so that it can not be recharged or recharged faster until after 5/10/15/30 or whatever seconds and call it good.
  8. Mazahs Loyal Player

I belive Avair was lead as he replaced Tunso.
    That being said, they were trying to give options with SC generators so I'm ok with that.
    You have to choose which works best for you.

In that respect choice or more choice was exactly what revamp was about. Versus AM and you had no choice
    • Like x 1
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Don't really agree. The way I play with SC now has nothing to do with what we did during AMs. I have actually been waiting since the first head mods were released for the SC to perform the way they currently do. We were all told during that time. One of the play styles they were working towards was a SC play style. Now we have it.