Iconic Personalities

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SuperiorMouse, Dec 5, 2013.

1. PureDarkness Dedicated Player

I found a speedster for you: CHEETAH!
    • Like x 1
  2. SuperiorMouse New Player

you have Cheetah in .mesh (XLaraPS) format?
  3. rumination New Player

This would be awesome.
    • Like x 2
  4. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

+1 you have my vote !
    • Like x 1
  5. arcanesky New Player

I cant decide which WW Hover for my female character they're all so great!!!!
    • Like x 2
  6. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

They are all so great!
    • Like x 2
  7. Neph Dedicated Player

Aren't they though? ;)
    • Like x 2
  8. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

You know that since the devs are always asking for specific and detailed requests on styles that they would be thrilled to have this thread. I wonder when they are going to acknowledge it.
    • Like x 3
  9. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Also, this seems to be something that everyone is behind, how often does that happen?
    • Like x 1
  10. randomkeyhits Dedicated Player

This is in no way a bump, I'm just checking in to see if the Dev team have implemented it yet. :D

so want...........................................
    • Like x 2
  11. Neph Dedicated Player

I do know they read these thread, but maybe they have not responded because they have a lot on their plate and they don't want to commit to something like this yet. ;)
    • Like x 2
  12. AzraelR Committed Player

How many likes, posts and pages need to devs post something on the topic? ... :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  13. Neph Dedicated Player

[IMG]

One Million votes...
    • Like x 4
  14. Rumour Committed Player

At 63 likes, let's try to hit a hundred by the end of the week. :D
    • Like x 1
  15. SuperiorMouse New Player

it never happens. if there is more than 10 or more likes to a post, that's a sign that it has greater support among the community.

i'm telling you, they don't like me. they won't reply :p

we probably don't even have 500 unique forum visitors. :p
    • Like x 2
  16. Rumour Committed Player

le bump!
    • Like x 1
  17. Powerman New Player

keeping hope alive...
    • Like x 1
  18. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Very good idea and one I support, especially if it's another way for SOE to make money so they don't have to rely so heavily on BS with replay badges.

Off-topic question: The models... are they from the game? If so, how did you extract them and pose them? Do you have any reference material on how to do this and do you know if it's possible to import them into Blender?
    • Like x 2
  19. Archangel Rafael New Player

It's a nice idea. I like it. I would like to have it in game.

That said, and I know all the fans here are going to hate me for saying this, but it's really next to or even actually impossible.

In all likelihood, the "personalities", or resting animations and emotes, in DCUO aren't even custom. They're probably built into the SDK.

Creating all these new, much more complex, animations would be an absolutely huge undertaking. As an idea of scope Im talking like making a new major city, or introducing that 4th body type we all wanted so much (anyone remember what they were called... ? Scout and something...?)

These new animations would have to be all choreographed and then modeled and then each and every costume piece in the game would have to be assessed for clipping(genral appearance on the model during animation). I know you will say "costume pieces in game clip now!" yeah but they were all extensively tested to minimize clipping as much as possible. Every piece on each different body model, in every single animation sequence.

Going back to the drawing board and redesigning all the non-combat character animations and then re-testing every costume+pose combination in game is just not within the scope at this point. If it's not physically impossible it is certainly the very definition of "cost prohibitive"

Anyway, I just wanted to try to communicate to the good people here and this fine idea that the reason we don't get this and the devs don't respond is not that they don't want to do it but that it's flat impossible.

From my understanding of game construction, I believe that is the case.

It is a lovely idea though and whoever made this thread did some fine work. SOE should give that person a job and maybe DCUO2 will have this kind of stuff built in like it should have been in the first place.

~excelsior
  20. rumination New Player

I think I might choose the Amonazon Princess Serious stance, but if you can mix them I'll be spending a long time deciding, so nice to have choices.
    • Like x 1