Iconic Personalities

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SuperiorMouse, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Power Girl Well-Known Player

Yes, yes, yes. A million times yes. ;) I came back just to say yes to this. DEVS, GET TO WORK.
    • Like x 2
  2. Zuse Loyal Player

LOOOOOOOVEEEEE IT
    • Like x 1
  3. Powerman New Player

I wonder how the devs would think of a fan doing this to their characters, I hope they are flattered and would consider; do they even see or read these types of threads, I mean seriously?
    • Like x 2
  4. SuperBell Loyal Player

Awesome. I was thinking/hoping one of 2014's DLC's that didn't have power with them added more customization. I think I even made a post about it. More body shapes, more hair styles, more skins, more personalities, ect.
    • Like x 2
  5. TripleC123 New Player

These styles are probably for promotion only... Or maybe for the devs.
  6. Amazon Committed Player

I love love love love love love this idea S-Mouse you're brilliant as always.

When you type something it's very hard for people to conceptualise and agree but these pics really show the potential.

Good ( NAY GREAT) work!

Ten thumbs up!
    • Like x 2
  7. AzraelR Committed Player

OMG.

******* supreme topic

+++++++++++++++++++++1
    • Like x 2
  8. SuperiorMouse New Player

batman critics -- eesh ;)

below is a closer look.

you'll notice that "serious" is a very basic "i'm just standing here being scary" posture. i felt like players looking for a serious feel to their Batman inspired character would lean towards "no frills". so that's why it's that way.

flirty on the other hand, is more him being scary and almost posing like he's ready to leap into your face. ;) i felt like it was about as "flirty" as batman would get. lol

serious turn
    [IMG]

flirty turn
    [IMG]

i do/did have ideas for speedsters. but i don't have access to any speedster character models so i didn't mock any up. the ideas i had for idles were very *irreverent* and showed a lot of attitude. ;) the melee idles were along the same lines but instead of the character being hunched over ready to sprint, it was the opposite. the character stands there looking bored -- because they're so fast, they're not worried about it!

i was really struggling with acrobatics ideas though. i have some ideas but nothing i'd be able to show you guys.
    • Like x 3
  9. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

For comical acro you could have them throw something super colourful (maybe silly string?) and clown like for their grapple. AND, confetti could fly from your "rocket assisted jet pack"!

That's all I have for suggestions. XD
    • Like x 1
  10. SuperiorMouse New Player

i don't have access to all of those character models. i tried to get them but it wasn't possible. there is a website that has extracted models from the game but they're in Blender format. if anyone knows how to convert & rig blender .blend/.obj models to .mesh files and wants to do it... i'd be happy to mockup more of them (time permitting) though.

i can show you Circe and Catwoman though.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

for your reference images...
    [IMG]
    this looks like a really nice style. i wonder why it never made it into the game? early atlantean i guess.

[IMG]
    this is a great personality posture. i haven't seen it before. the style is Shamen of course. but we don't have those tribal tatoos for our skins. and the shamen skirt doesn't have the fringe anymore.

[IMG]
    left to right: shamen, isn't this in the game somehow?, gadgeteer, some better version of tech ninja?, and a better Demonic?

[IMG]
    patriotic (only select male pieces are in the game), early techninja again, this one is great and should be in the game too :p, tech sniper, early atlantean.

i didn't really feel too restricted by the "moods" because i felt like portraying the iconic's personality was more important. :)

thank you!. yes, i'm totally learning that ;)
    • Like x 6
  11. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Awesome idea! I would love to see these options added. +1
    • Like x 1
  12. WonderCleric New Player

Circe ones made my day! I really hope this gets implemented. We should start a petition xD
    • Like x 1
  13. Rumour Committed Player

Just like the OP's 1st post, in this thread.
    • Like x 1
  14. WonderCleric New Player

Way ahead of you. ;)
  15. El El Committed Player

SuperiorMouse I must say your creativity is awesome and i like ur main post ideas +100.
    I also believe we should have more customization you, just touch few aspect of what is possible :)
    I would like to see some hair and aura customization in dcuo.
    • Like x 2
  16. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yes yes and more yes, keep this thread alive because the ideas are amazing and devs this is marketplace gold you are looking at. I just hope the devs are taking notes and gets a team on this. Perhaps GU35 will have this or by DLC10. Woot this idea rocks.
    • Like x 1
  17. Neph Dedicated Player

Totally digging on this, are you using the mirror for reference ;)

There use to be a good tool for converting meshes into different formats, I use to have to do that when xferring models from max to lightwave or maya. always refreshing to see your work...
    • Like x 1
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yea if you can make some featuring speedsters.
    • Like x 1
  19. SuperiorMouse New Player

no petitions! that's against forum guidelines. and i'll look for your waist style later when i'm home but i'm pretty sure it's Raptor or Talon Lord waist.

hmm well if you could convert a few models, i'll do the postures and the mockups. in particular Captain Marvel, Green Lantern (any), Cheetah and Flash/Zoom are the only ones i'd need to cover remaining ideas. i asked the guy who created the original models about the others he's done (they're not posted) and he said he has to get around to re-posting them. blah. maybe if more people asked for them he'd be motivated? i'm sure he has quite a few more.

i would have liked to but i don't have access to any speedster models. :/ i could just using other characters but it would look weird and distracting. i don't think it would really capture anyone's imagination...
    • Like x 1
  20. WonderCleric New Player

Darn that's right. >_>
    And alright, thank you, no hurry!
    EDIT: I think you're right, Talon Lord waist does look right. Okay thanks again!
    • Like x 2