Iconic NPC GU 115 Refreshes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Iconic Simulation, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Anyone got pics of the new npc refreshes? Kinda curious what they look like. Thanks in advance. :)
  2. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

Booster Gold has the biggest visual change. The rest were updated to today's materials and textures - they look better but it's not a drastic refresh. More are coming in EP41 (including new characters that have been asked for).
    • Like x 7
  4. Eve YouTuber

John Stewart looks great tho. Even if the focus was just his outfit.
    • Like x 2
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

He benefited the MOST out of just refreshing materials for sure. Booster got actual geo changes too so his is more drastic in general.
    • Like x 6
  6. Eve YouTuber

They both look great! These was the last few before Episode 41?
    • Like x 1
  7. Charon Lead Content Designer

Yep. Rest should be in EP41 only.
    • Like x 4
  8. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Wow even tho the changes were quite simple, they definitely make quite the difference! Thks for the screenshots and additional feedback/info. A job well done by the art/character team.
    • Like x 2
  9. Wildcat Committed Player

I'm not exactly sure how does legends skins working but shouldn't be hard to add some new skins from refreshed characters? (to the existing legends characters?)

If its not just "copy/paste" thing then I'm sorry
  10. Charon Lead Content Designer

Due to reasons we cannot change things like that on those characters. We would have to make new characters with improved graphics and dole them out in the same ways the other legend skins were. Not impossible but not on the radar currently.
    • Like x 6
  11. Tree Well-Known Player

Hey Charon, do you think we can get Booster’s hair or where does it come from?
  12. Eve YouTuber

Any chance to get a word or two on the Wonder Woman 80s Anniversary and Batman Day? Like can we expect something players desire?
  13. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Booster looks really nice. I was wondering when he'd get updated when doing the DD fight. John always looked good though. Sinestro also needed a refresh bad.

A lot of those early models were actually really nice sculpts. They just had some less iterated texture art on them that needed to be worked over more.

Years back I retextured a few as a side project. They turned out pretty good considering I didn't even have wireframes for them and basically painted them with only the original skins as guides with only a mouse (no tablet used at all).

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    So, all they really needed was a reskin/retexture to brush them up. :cool:
    • Like x 2
  14. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Couldve sworn Sinestro had a diff aura in Ranx, swung by there earlier, it was almost like a nimbus
  15. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Oof still no Cheetah tho >_< wheres the love
  16. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Idk if i like the auras on the lanters, why not just put the powerset chromas on?
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It might be different in Ranx. If I remember right that location in the pic is the Spark of Parallax which based on Qward. It could be they used a different aura to show when Sinestro is carrying the spark to the power battery (the glow in front of his emblem).
    • Like x 1
  18. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Was Rip Hunter refresh a big oops? Ran ritE earlier & was like woah he looks different. Guess hes in new dlc? ;)
    • Like x 2
  19. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I saw that when I ran Rip in Time the other day too.
    • Like x 1
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

He looks like a person!
    • Like x 1