Ice vs Quantum question

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by boredbean, Mar 19, 2015.

1. boredbean Level 30

Hi,

I am returning to DCUO after a long hiatus. I want to make a new character, to get back into things. I have read that quantum is the new fotm, but can ice compete in damage? I want to give ice a shot, huge iceman fan lol.
    Any input would be appreciated, thanks! ;)
  2. Juxes Committed Player

Ice is strong it can do real good damage, its no pushover thats for sure but quantum is just a bit much right now, with that being said I would pick Ice if you really like the power.

But if you wanna follow the crowd and aim for highest dps regardless if you like the power or not then join the fotm like everyone else.
  3. The Atomic Tuna Well-Known Player

My advice to you is too play the game for fun. The moment you get caught up in score board FOTM chasing you lose sight of the fact that this is a game. That being said.

Ice is competitive as DPS and a great tank. Quantum is hands down the most powerful DPS period. 41% of people 114 are quantum.
  4. psi-knight New Player

As others have said, Ice can compete with Quantum, but Quantum edges most powers out. This is due to the simplicity of the AM. Throw out Time Bomb first and then use three time powers for massive damage. Throw in Warped Reality for more damage. Ice is an AM that utilizes Chill effects for heavy damage, so takes a little more time to use effectively.
  5. Stamen Dedicated Player

I would say Ice can compete, people sometimes write it off too soon when it's a very solid power. Both powers are very similar in that you really don't have to master weapon combos and can be a button masher if you want. Quantum more than Ice, but both are doable without even using your weapon.

Perhaps the better question that this community should ask is which off-role do you prefer: tank or trolls? Because if you enter the game with the belief that you're only going to be a DPS, then we need to let you know that we have plenty of those.