Ice tanks review of the Clarion artifact

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by xxHELLSTROKExx, May 11, 2022.

1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

We all know ice has minimal self healing and any that we do get is from artifacts or some pretty low scaling white mods. So this artifact just seemed to perfect not to try. I fed my 200 circes mask into it during the double nth and have been using it or EoG as my 3rd. Both the mystic and manacles never come out, both at 200. EoG is 160 btw, so I don’t get the 4% stats but there’s no health stat to that. If clarions had a dom stat, I’d truly be in love with it.

Toons stats before I get into it:

371 (all purple gear)
    586sp maxed dom/ 100 resto/ 100 health/ 10 and 20 in heal crits. Dom everything augs maxed.

So new elite raid example, have used it 3x in there now instead of EoG: loadout for ST im using is winter ward/ HL/ reflection/ lasso/ shatter restraints/ weapon buff.

Normal rotation is weapon buff lasso weapon tap get the shield, start fighting. Ww and pop weapon buff again lasso HL pop weapon buff lasso and at this point, clarions shield should be ready to go again. If it doesn’t proc, reflection. Basically, you’ll get into a groove of when to actually use your weapon buff solely to get the shield. It’s a strong shield so you really only need shatter to break out of promas stun or whatever. Handy. So I’m not truly using it often but it’s become very useful now that I’ve got the timing down. After a no wipe run, I had taken about 27mil in damage vs the other fire tank taking over a 100mil more. Which is obviously intended but shows how well it works I think. My healing out wasn’t crazy but not terrible considering how little I was actually hitting my weapon buff. It stacks with all my shields except HL since they’re both considered healer shields. Was also nice to give other players a strong shield.

It is amazing in duos and alerts. Can run the elite alert without a healer if you’re careful and popping weapon buff constantly. Rifle works well against devastator for range tanking. Pull shatter out and run resonanting and group pull instead of lasso. The health and resto stats are nice and can have an armory that has the heal crits maxed out. Definitely helps. Using one handed most of the time otherwise.

Just wanted to post that it does work in elite raids since I had said elsewhere that I wasn’t liking it in there vs EoG or even Circes. Circes just didn’t click for me and since it doesn’t stun bosses, really wasn’t helpful in this raid for most of it. Took awhile to get used to clarion and learning to just ignore the weapon buff till I want the shield vs popping it all sporadically. Will be trying critical with it as soon as possible. Thinking that Everyman may be the better choice but we’ll see. EoG is still plenty viable and I’ve been using bloom for self healing since I haven’t really felt a need to run for my life aka use perfect poise/ dash attack or whatever the SS one is called.

Feel free to ask any questions, hopefully this helps anyone thinking about it. Still haven’t gotten one for either of my healers. Planning on it for my sorcery main tho I have fallen in love with Orb all over again thanks to the beating tanks are taking in the new raid.
    • Like x 2
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yea I love the thing for healing just wish I could get it to 200 to be really useful as it is now 160 the heals are just extra at 200 it would really be much more viable
    • Like x 2
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah, the shield is awesome at 200. And much better now that it gets applied to the artifacts holder vs any random player.
  4. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I'm thinking of building my battle healer on my water character to Clarion (precision build). Currently running a might build that does great, but I want to run a shield build.
    It'll be Clarion, transformation, page/purple (undecided).
    Weapon buff, guard, bubble, Riptide, priority, and group heal.

The goal is basically to have shields up the whole run. If I have calculated it out right, I'll have bubble up for about 24 seconds, then guard up until Clarion shield starts, then back to bubble. Should be able to have shields up every second of fights, with little to actually heal lol.
    • Like x 1
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah, wanted to try the same on my water alt but switched her to electric to learn more about that. I went with a dom heavy healer build and ran shields all the time. Reset the 4 man in alerts and my healing out was hilariously low but damage in was almost non existent. Can definitely see that working out.
    • Like x 1
  6. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

I’m not to sure of it with fire tanking, It can’t exercise this art properly because it’s too “naked” of a tank, I’ve been pondering on trying it with ice though
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I haven’t tried it with fire personally. 2 friends have and they didn’t love it. Fire already has a lot of self healing and has a large health pool compared to ice so the heals out are kind of drops in a large bucket comparatively. Not sure about it’s viability in a raid but probably good in alerts to go without a healer?
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So I’ve tried it with all my tanks (except atomic because of obvious reasons).

I like it on all of the tanks… well.. almost all. (damn you atomic)

Fire:
    Yes fire has a bunch of self heals but for fire I use it mostly for the shield and the healing is just a cherry on top. Won’t say it’s op with fire but it’s nice. The reason I like it with fire is that fire immolation is mitigation tool so I keep it on cooldown along side of stoke flame and my weapon buffs. This means I have stoke and clarion healing constantly with immolation giving its mitigations. I can also guesstimate the timing of clarions shield with good accuracy which means my HLS is my primary “oh sht” button.

Ice:
    Pretty much found the same thing as hellstroke

Earth:
    Earth was my favorite. Transferring 50% damage to brick made it feel like the heals were more impactful. I also used gemstone shield similarly to how I used immolation. I only charged it half way to mitigate partial damage while I let clarion heal up the damage. The clarion shield really made the heals do catch up work where if the clarion didn’t fully heal me, the shield would stop damage to allow the clarion to catch up. That along with gem being partially charged meant that the healing was really effective. Same with fire, I used HLS as my “oh sht” button.

Rage:
    While I liked it, it was the only one I didn’t love. Maybe it’s because I don’t particularly enjoy rage tanking to begin with. I like it but didn’t love it.