Test Discussion Ice Mid-range Adjustments

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karasawa Loyal Player

    I'll be honest. I saw your results for Fire and Gadgets and didn't really take it seriously. I've been doing A LOT of Tunso Tests and I'm of the few (only?) that have participated in every midrange update so far. I've done so many Tunso Tests my eyes bleed.

    When you do that many you'll see that a single 5 minute test can actually vary A LOT. But if you keep doing them you'll see that they inevitably settle on an average that's "close enough" to the target values. I've seen a lot of Gadgets parses at this point.. so yours alone just doesn't phase me until I keep seeing it over and over again.
    • Like x 2
  2. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

    I'm not looking to change the range of BW. As Absolix quoted, and you confirmed, it is part of the AM, in the sense that it has power recovery.

    I'm not sure what the damage is on Enflame. My concern was the damage Bitter Winds does relative to Wintry Tempest. I understand that they stack, but the one that has less risk shouldn't be doing more damage. If anything, I would think that the damage from WT should go down, or scale with distance, and BW should go up.
    • Like x 2
  3. Harlequin Devoted Player

    I agree with you that there should be more than one way to dps with Ice but this is not the thread to talk about it. Mepps made that clear when he cleaned up the thread. I was hoping that the buffs to abilities outside of the AM would make a clipping playstyle viable but that has yet to come to pass. Until the time when Tunso is open to such a change happening, we'll be spamming gust with the rest of the Ice users who want to be competitive and helpful to the group.

    • Like x 1
  4. L T Devoted Player

    Just pointing out that Bitter Winds clips, and Enflame cannot.
    • Like x 2
  5. KN1TE Dedicated Player

    Meant sorcery not society. Wonderful auto correct. Changed all the words even in this sentence
  6. KN1TE Dedicated Player

    I just don't know why they forced us into a simplicity of powers. It's a constant loop of changes. Players don't know how to play, mostly, ones returning are out of the loop and many quit again. I realize the changes they are attempting to make. However, we don't have unbiased testing. People straight up lie about certain powers being weak or don't know how to test. I for one, will Not spend my time to test. If u want testers, pay up. It's obsurd people actually paid to test. Kudos to all that did. The developers, it is their job, to balance, and know the game and what it does. It's their job. Not ours. That has been the problem all along. I question do they know the game because it seems like they don't which I don't understand really. Yes now there r less developers. But alot of time and development was wasted on things never released. There needs to be a drastic change.
    • Like x 1
  7. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

    Well I think Karasawa summed it up really well, if any I would like to see a video that confirm your tests.
  8. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

    Yes plus I would like to add that while the damage stacks you can't clip BW in between the WT-CS-IB you'd have to use it as separate power. People don't run with it mostly because of that, it's losing precious artic gust damage while casting BW.

    Which is why what undrline says makes total sense.
    • Like x 1
  9. zCaution Well-Known Player

    are you guys fixing Ice Elemental? right now its doubling your artic gust damage, is that intended?
    • Like x 2
  10. Mr. Mettle New Player

    Tunso, this statement defeats the purpose of the entire balancing campaign. Ice is extremely over powered.

    -Ice is mobile while attacking with Arctic Gust!
    -It takes one power clip to set up the AM
    -Ice has no build up to max damage.
    -Once its in the AM you can use Arctic Gust 5 times before having to refresh the AM
    -If you are interrupted using AG you lose almost no DPS because the AM Cool down is so long and there is no build up to get back to
    max dps. All you have to do is tap the breakout button, and on top of that you are immune from being interrupted again.
    -Ice Elemental....Damage Role: +25% Critical Weapon Attack Damage, +25% Critical Weapon Attack Chance, +50% Critical Ability Attack Damage, +15% Critical Ability Attack Chance. For 30 seconds or more!

    How can you turn a blind eye to that while working to bring all the powers to virtually the same potential DPS?
    If nothing is to be done about Ice then I would like to be able to pop Distract and spam EMP until distract is off cool down. While being fully mobile.
    • Like x 1
  11. SSeid Committed Player

    More that a bit presumptuous to think that you have done more power testing that me. In any case like you have said results vary a lot which makes it a bit foolish of you to say that you don't take them seriously.
    You misunderstood the reason I posted those, I wanted something for comparison. What came up from that array of tests were the results I posted.
    In the video I posted bellow you can see Gadgets making ~35K DPS which is sort of the lower end of it's close range dmg. Even if that high dmg is rare ( which it is ) it shows the potential of the power. Ice at the moment does not share a similar one. I don't know if that is good or bad.

    Sure, took the time to make 3 ( one for each ). I have to say I was a bit surprised with the DPS results on the videos. In the videos you can see only close-range dmg ( AG-FB-EMP ).

    The DPS is calculated by 25x10 second parsers.
    Cr: 126
    Might: 10479
    Prec: 3621


    Using AG:
    Max: 42730
    Min: 27642
    Average: 32732


    Using FB:
    Max: 44619
    Min: 29480
    Average: 36155


    Using EMP:
    Max: 47305
    Min: 25760
    Average: 35150

    One thing that needs to be fixed with Ice is its ability to keep the AM active even after you have died. In most cases if you use Wintry and Snap and die at any point in the next 12 seconds ( sometimes longer ), when you get up you can immediately do AM dmg using AG or Avalanche without having to recast Snap + Wintry.
    • Like x 1
  12. Avian Dedicated Player

    Based on those test results and the others that have been submitted it seems fairly balanced in my opinion when you think about it in the context of actual content.
  13. SSeid Committed Player

    Pretty much yes. I don't see it getting any buff, hopefully no nerf either. I hope Tunso will eventually take the time to make something extra for its Am, it does need something to make it less monotonous.
  14. L T Devoted Player

    I do a lot of testing also, but I only tend to post when (a) nobody or almost nobody else has, or (b) my tests come out higher or lower than what's previously published.

    That having been said, Karasawa posts results in all of these threads. It's not really wrong for him to assume he has a lot of testing cred when he's always showing his results.

    Now that I'm done with that, thanks for the videos. Good stuff.
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

    Gadgets is stronger than ice right now, even with the sc. Reading tge post, it look like the ice elemental is meant to work that way
  16. Reaper501 Well-Known Player

    Yeah, it is, just in front of the sparring targets. In the alerts or raids are basically the same, due to the interruptions to gadgets while Ice can setup their AM right away.
  17. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

    I'm talking about in content. In raids/alerts gadgets is stronger
    • Like x 1
  18. TestReporter Loyal Player

    First, this thread is about ice mid range adjustments currently on test, second, both powers are "balanced", but ice is faster, leaving it to the top of the scoreboard.
  19. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

    Gadgets is stronger than ice, players are trying to get ice nerf when it's not needed.
    • Like x 1
  20. Drathmor Unwavering Player

    bitter winds doesnt clip you can clip it but it doesnt clip other powers cold snap and ice bash do tho
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.