Test Discussion Ice Mid-range Adjustments

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tunso Developer

Please keep the discussion to the Ice AM. If you want to debate the merits of Ice vs. Fire, please make a new discussion. Thanks!
    • Like x 6
  2. Pults Loyal Player

Creating an artificial build-up for arctic gust would be a good choice or scrapping it and making frost blast the next best thing whilst also removing AG entirely from the AM.
    Ice needs some sort of a build-up to reach the maximum potential, clipping 3-4 powers once in a while is not the answer.

*Frost Blast replaces Arctic Gust
    or
    *Build-up for Arctic Gust's damage
    or
    *New rules how the AM damage is reached and maintained, either chill effects time out faster or something completely new is brought in

Also looks like discussing ice brings out a lot of touchy feely, charming.
    • Like x 1
  3. Tunso Developer

There are no plans to nerf Ice's existing AM or make fundamental changes to the way the AM functions.
    • Like x 16
  4. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Sure is easy being ice am. Its like nonstop shortcut effect there.

Shortcut balance agenda ahead.
  5. tinoman Dedicated Player

What about the set up time to be similar to to other am's so it's does the same amount of ramp up time as say a quantum or you would have to lower the damage to compensate for the time over a raid/alert. Because that's what makes Ice so potent is the fast set up time that doesn't have to reapplied for a long time.
    • Like x 1
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

why was the range of cold snap reduced to 10m shouldnt it stay 13m to keep it along the same lines and the midrange builds like all the other am's I feel biter winds should also have its range increased to 13m so that it will also fit with in the midrange much like emp was pulled out to give it greater range to account for not having to stand in the bosses face if you wanted it to still be effective at mid range
  7. Harlequin Devoted Player

Is it safe to assume that some of the damage adjustments to powers that are not part of the AM are part of an effort to make clipping competitive in damage to using the AM? I can't be the only one who would be interested in an alternative to gust spam.
    • Like x 2
  8. Avian EU Well-Known Player

Would make sense considering weapon damage is also being looked at before the DoT and Pet powers get their update. I'm assuming that the damage increases to regular powers is aimed towards that so even if they don't really compete as they are on test now together with a weapon update they might be a viable option.
  9. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

If other powers can have shortcuts, i don't understand the problem people have with ice am.
    • Like x 3
  10. Pults Loyal Player

Okay well then, when will I be able to jump start celestial full damage with clipping a few powers? /s

Jokes aside, ice is way too simplified, the AM can be preloaded and the maximum damage potential is constant. Something has to be changed, maybe reduce chill effect timer in dps stance or make the powers that grant chill effects unclippable in dps stance? That way the tank role stays the same (also overall too good).
    • Like x 1
  11. DarkAya Dedicated Player

I'm telling you, changing numbers a bit here and there, it's all more or less pointless, even if damage done by Ice would be in line with others in battle situations Ice is overpowered because of Arctic Gust constant damage and shortcut.
    Look what is going on live, Ice has no short range adjustments but it hits like a truck from the beginning of its rotation.
    • Like x 2
  12. L T Devoted Player

It's not shortcuts per se, it's that Ice's AM is faster than the others (except for maybe pets), and takes on less risk.
    • Like x 1
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

Faster, and can be maintained.
    • Like x 3
  14. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Bitter Winds does less damage than Wintry Tempest, but requires a shorter range, and for that range to be maintained throughout the cooldown. That doesn't seem fitting with a midrange adjustment.
    • Like x 2
  15. Drathmor Unwavering Player

any of the ams that have been updated can preload the am now.. gadgets, atomic, mental, ice and im sure a few others are in the works you cant just say ice is the only one many do and as tunso stated there are no plans to change that... in fact they have been adding it to other powers as they go
    • Like x 5
  16. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yes i totaly agree with this
    • Like x 1
  17. Tunso Developer

That's a typo in the patch notes. The range was actually increased to 13 from 10.
    • Like x 2
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

Fixed that for you.
    • Like x 2
  19. Captain Carkus Well-Known Player

I love you Tunso.
  20. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I think people should fight for quicker am or 3 seconds to get big hit after getting stunned like other advance mechanics. I agree that ice setup is to fast and other powers got to many shortcuts, but what can we do except ask for the same thing about our powers?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.