Test Discussion Ice Mid-range Adjustments

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Absolix Loyal Player

Arctic Gust and Avalanche set up Icy Fields themselves. If an enemy is Frostbitten the first tick will not activate the AM damage, assuming you don't have 4 chill effects, but will activate the Icy Field. Then every proceeding tick will activate the AM damage.
  2. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

It "may" create an icy field. Anecdotally, it usually happens during the second channel, or towards the end of the first channel. Shatter Restraints and Freeze Wave, even though they also say "may" seem to always create an Icy Field. Resonating Gale has also been hit-or-miss for me in creating an Icy Field, otherwise that would be a ranged option for the same test I'm looking for, since the notes say its damage was buffed, too.
  3. SSeid Committed Player

Sidekick is always active and does not need any attention. You have to cast freeze wave. It's dmg is irrelevant as it will always produce less that the automatic dmg of RS. After all you don't have time to use any other powers except WT-CD-IB clip and spam AG or Ava. Icy fields are produced by AG/Ava. There is no need for another power to do them as well.
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

There's a few things to note here about your loadout:
    • Robot Sidekick is purely Single Target, Freeze Wave hits Aoe.
    • Resonating Gale also creates an icy field, nets higher dps, and can be used from max range.
    • If your tap ranging inbetween gust, I highly recommend that you use rifle as it hits aoe with it's tap range attack.

On a sidenote: Has anyone tried Using Solar flame inbetween arctic gust seeing how that works?
    I'll have to parse that and see which one nets better dps.

I'm trying to get test server installed again. So hopefully it'll work this time.
  5. L T Devoted Player

In my experience, anything that comes between you and the next arctic gust it typically a dps loss. Weapon taps are ok (though other than rifle they don't really do too much for you). In my last tests Solar Flame was about the same or a little bit better when I clipped perfectly, but a DPS loss whenever I missed the clip. Your Mileage May Vary.
    • Like x 1
  6. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

My robot hits multiple things at once. I think it might depend on which attack.

[IMG]

Resonating Gale has been hit-or-miss for me when it comes to creating an icy field ... Shatter Restraints and Freeze Wave are the only ones that seem to create it on the first cast against a frostbitten opponent the first time every time.
  7. loupblanc Dedicated Player

If you want to squeeze in one weapon combo in between AG spams, fastest weapon combo to clip in would be Pulse Discharge, as the timing is almost similar to a Tap Range.
  8. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

the risk to use that SC is to great so as mepps has stated before if you get it the dmg from it you earned it (not his exact words but close)

as the SC grabs aggro from tanks regardless the tanks CR. So basically you risk wasting a 50% SC dying trying to even use that SC.
  9. zCaution Well-Known Player

Excuses, all the tank has to do is use a hard taunt after u use the SC orrrr don't use it by the boss/adds...
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

wrong I've popped it just as a tank used a pull and trigon/lyssa drak lunged me. As far as the distance ordeal goes, I have been halfway across the room before and still grabbed aggro. So it grabs aggro regardless.
  11. zCaution Well-Known Player

Lmfao complete lies, when I pop it I never die, I can be close far medium high low... The tank either pulls or I go away. With your logic you'll die every time you use it... When do you use it then
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

not gonna argue, as this thread is derailed enough as it is.
    • Like x 1
  13. zCaution Well-Known Player

Lol
  14. SSeid Committed Player

Actually he is correct. However it takes a tank of considerable skill in timing to make it happen. Not uncommon among the best of players but fairly impossible for the majority of people out there.

That does not mean that the SC has to go or change. Since it depends on the group whether or not you can pull this move off. Ice Elemental is perhaps one of the 3 ( and only ) useful DPS supercharges in the game. This SC should serve as an excellent example of what all DPS SCs should behave like.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.