Test Discussion Ice Mid-range Adjustments

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tunso Developer

Please use this thread to discuss Ice Mid-range Adjustments. Preliminary update notes are below:

• Arctic Gust: Damage and range was re-tuned bringing it in line with other AMs with the most damage now inflicted while within 7m of enemies.
    • Avalanche: Damage and range was re-tuned bringing it in line with other AMs with the most damage now inflicted while within 13m of enemies.
    • Impaling Ice: Increased the damage caused against enemies with low health. The amount of damage inflicted now increases with closer ranges.
    • Winter Ward : No longer tries to play local hit reactions on unaffected nearby enemies.
    • Shatter Restraints , Wintry Tempest , Bitter Winds and Resonating Gale : Now play local hit reactions when used against enemy characters who allow them.
    • Frostblast and Reflection : Local hit reactions now play on characters that allow them and the range has been adjusted to 13m from 15m.
    • Cold Snap : Local hit reactions now play on characters that allow them and the range has been adjusted to 10m from 13m.
    • Ice Boulder : Local hit reactions no longer play on your target when you summon the boulder in your hand.
    • Ice Bash : Damage restriction when in Tank role have been removed.
    • Avalanche: Corrected an issue where Avalanche would sometimes fire an inconsistent number of ice chunks. You should now consistently fire 9, which is the most you would get prior to this change.
    • Increased the instant damage caused by: Inescapable Storm , Freeze Wave , Glacier Flash and Resonating Gale.
    • Increased both the base instant damage and the power interaction instant damage for Snow Ball , Ice Boulder Strike and Frost Snipe.
    • Like x 1
  2. Kuroki Honoo Committed Player

Frost snipe clipping is too strong now, didn't need a buff, just my opinion tho.
  3. Sore Steadfast Player

Just to be clear, this update won't change the fact that this AM can be fully setup with a single clip, is maintained by recasting a single power, and instantly unleashes its full AM potential right as the channel starts rather than building up stronger as you commit time to the channel. Correct?
    • Like x 6
  4. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Artic Gust still has the BB capability without any delay. It needs to have the .35 delay as all the hold BB's have.
    • Like x 2
  5. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Can you clarify what this means? What are the local hit reactions?
    • Like x 7
  6. Kuroki Honoo Committed Player

It needs to not bb at all. I Thought this was supposed that was supposed to be taken out of the game with this update.
    • Like x 2
  7. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Frost snip is too strong , lower it down a bit

Artic gust doesn't have a BB wait .

I also would like to see the AM doesn't start BOM BOM immediately, cuz most of the power take a while till they reach the AM state .
    • Like x 1
  8. MensSana Active Player

Any chance to remove ice elemental buffs when you are no longer in ice elemental form?
    • Like x 2
  9. Captain Carkus Well-Known Player

What exactly are local hit reactions?
    • Like x 1
  10. Avian EU Well-Known Player

Tunso Test
    Ice - Arctic Gust
    Might Tester

10x 30 second parsing test.

Stats
    - CR 126
    - Might: 10449
    - Precision: 3406
    - Wpn: 5806

Incluedes R&D mods, mainframe mods (max damage, core strength, escalating might), generator mods, league hall proficiencies and 160 SP invested.

Rotation
    1. Wintry Tempest/Cold Snap/Ice Bash (all clipped)
    2. Arctic Gust x4
    3. Rinse and repeat.

Arctic Gust short range (0-7m)
    Average damage per second: 33,080/s

[IMG]

Arctic Gust mid range (8-13m)
    Average damage per second: 28,303/s

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  11. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Could Snow Devil and Hard Light Shield get normal cooldowns of 18 sec instead of current 40 sec ?
    18sec is in line with Immunity/Breakouts and will make both dps and tank loadout rotations smoother.
  12. Avian EU Well-Known Player

Tunso Test
    Ice - Avalanche
    Might Tester

10x 30 second parsing tests.

Stats
    - CR 126
    - Might: 10449
    - Precision: 3406
    - Wpn: 5806

Incluedes R&D mods, mainframe mods (max damage, core strength & escalating might), generator mods, league hall proficiencies & 160 SP invested.

Rotation
    1. Wintry Tempest/Cold Snap/Ice Bash (all clipped)
    2. Avalanche x4
    3. Rinse and repeat

Avalance short/mid range (within 13m)
    Average damage per second: 27,001/s

[IMG]

Avalanche long range (over 13m)
    Average damager per second: 21,647

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. Avian EU Well-Known Player

He's probably not using the Tunso Test standars for testing. However based on my test Ice's Arctic Gust is averaging on 33,080 while Fire's Fireburst is averaging at 35,563. Both were done with Tunso's standards for damage testing and 10x 30 sec parsers on 3 sparring targets, which I think I forgot to mention in my 2 previous posts with my test results. So Ice Elemental aside, Fire's doing more atleast according to my test. However Ice is still far superior because it just doesn't suffer from interruptions whether it's counter mechanics or CC like Fire and a lot of other powers do which is why it does amazing damage in content.

Edit:
    3 targets is visible in the screen shots I posted btw.
  14. SSeid Committed Player

Doing the Tunso test:

Cr 126
    Might : 10479
    Prec: 3621
    Weapon level 110 : 580.6 dps

Ice: 10x30 sec parsers

Melee: 33.7K - 31.4K ( Using AG ) AG average: 32.5~K

Mid-range: 29.1K - 26.7K ( Using AG ) | 29.6K - 27.5K ( Using Avalanche ) AG average: 27.1~K | Avalanche average: 28.2~K

Max-range: 25.3K - 21.9K ( Using Avalanche ) Avalanche average: 22.1~K

There is a profound problem with Mid-range damage of AG.

For comparison:

Fire: 10x30 sec parsers

Melee: 37.1K - 33.2K ( Using FB ) FB average: 35.4~K

Mid-range: 32.3K - 30.1K ( Using FB ) | 35.1K - 25.3K ( Using Mass Det. ) FB average: 31.5~K | Mass Det. average: 30.3~K

Max-range: 28.4K - 23.7K ( Using Mass Det. ) Mass Det. average: 24.2~K

Apart from the problem with Mid-range on Ice it is kind of clear that the overall dmg is lacking a bit when it is compared to Fire. This needs to be tested in a raid or alert situation to see if the nerf done to Ice has placed it far behind Fire but just by judging from the numbers Fire will be able to make more dmg in a situation where both don't get interrupted much.

On a previous post I made the suggestion to add a "big" hit at the end of AG. In this manner the dps difference can be bridged without having to buff the base numbers of Ice while making sure that IF AG get interrupted you lose more than you lose now as you will not be getting the "big" hit. Ending up in the same place.

In addition Frost Blast can finally be added to the AM having the same functionality as Fireburst. A little something to break the monotony.
    • Like x 1
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

Part of my issue with AM balance is setup. You should need a target in the reticule to setup and to maintain the AM. Being able to setup the AM before having a target and maintain it after losing a target or being interrupted puts some AMs above others, regardless of the sustained DPS potential on sparring targets being equivalent.
    • Like x 11
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I agree Remander. This seems to be a theme with the MFA powers as they can keep moving through hallways and just spam powers and stay at full damage. I've been able to do it with Fire and Flame Cascade and Munitions can keep Bullet Frenzy up this way too.

If it's an intended shortcut that's fine, but many powers don't have that luxury.
    • Like x 3
  17. Tunso Developer

Edit: Actually, Glacier Flash was the one that shouldn't have been buffed because it hits multiple times. Frost Snipe actually looks correct too me.
    • Like x 2
  18. Brother Allen Loyal Player

No argument there man. I completely agree with it not BB'ing at all (in PVP) but if it is going to do so then it definitely needs the .35 second delay.
  19. Tunso Developer

When your character on screen physically hits another enemy character on screen, they play a hit reaction. Several of the Ice's super powers had incorrect ranges so they wouldn't play properly. Note though that some characters like raid bosses and do not play hit reactions (because they are getting hit constantly).
    • Like x 5
  20. Captain Carkus Well-Known Player

I never saw the problem with how hard frost snipe is hitting in PvP. It's hitting about as hard as Fire's Detonate and Atomic's Particle Beam. I'm pretty sure it would be in a balanced spot if the power regeneration was removed from PvP so that it wouldn't be as easy to keep chill effects and ice armor up at all times. Plus, you have to consider, that Fire's Fiery Weapon is a might buff too. Therefore, Detonate would always hit harder than Frost Snipe while specced for Precision.
    I would really reconsider reverting that change. If you do, then Detonate and Particle Beam need to be reduced too, since they're hitting as hard as Frost Snipe.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.