Ice DPS

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Galito10, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galito10 New Player

Is ice considered at least decent for DPS? Curious if I need to change power or not. Help
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I've seen it put out great damage, but overall still towards the bottom of the barrel
  3. Galito10 New Player

Yikes. Whats a good DPS then that has great range and melee. I know rage and earth are very close combat so what other powers you think
  4. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Gadgets, and Celestial are well rounded
  5. Galito10 New Player

Whic
    Out of these two whats the more fun power to use
  6. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Alot of powersets can do well in the right hands. I know some really good dps's from all powers. Some are just easier than others to obtain good damage. Your style of play is a factor.
    • Like x 1
  7. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

If you need to change powers instead of learning, you'll never be actually good.

You can still be bad with rage, then what are you gonna do?
    • Like x 4
  8. TheKeefMaster Well-Known Player

I'm ice.

Ice can put up beastly numbers if you play it right. And by that I mean just knowing how the powers interact with each other, their cool downs, their pros and cons, and how many targets you're actually going to hit OR if it's a power that'll be blocked by someone standing in front of you. That's not even taking into consideration how the damage splits with different sized groups of mobs, whether it's a raid, alert, or duo, what tier content you're running, how many other DPS's are in your group, among other things.

It also depends on gear, cr, and sp.

I can say I out dps everyone I play with, but it might just be because I have way more SP than they do and when they get the SP I have, they'd end up out dps'ing me.

Ice is an easy power to use and I think because of that the dps suffers a little. Gadgets, Nature, Sorcery, Rage on the other hand are all harder to use powers making them put out more damage overall when you finally "get gud" with them.

This is all my personal opinion though.........
    • Like x 2
  9. Xibo Loyal Player

Very decent DPS and damage. Did you know that Frost Blast can be used FAR from the enemy? So, it is basic Frost Blast with Arctic Gust and some Damage Over Time.
  10. Nu31 Well-Known Player

If you play from the tray, Ice is not a great DPS. If you play precision based, Ice is good. It is good because flurry shot mastery is OP for single target. Boss loadout = Wintery Tempest->Ice Bash->Flurry Shot Mastery until you have to reapply the first two. The other powers in my loadout are reflection and Winter Ward (shields) and Neo Venom supercharge.
    • Like x 1
  11. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Ice is one of my favorite powers. I do very good.
    • Like x 1
  12. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Quantum dps is very powerful in the right hands
  13. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Sorry to necro the thread from 2 weeks ago, but your comment has me feeling some type of way. Make sure to let others know that your comment is soley your opinion.

Ice can be great with a PftT loadout. I know others as well as myself who do really great and dont have any problems keeping up with the top tier powers.
    • Like x 2
  14. xD25x Dedicated Player

He is not really a good dps. He said that Ice WM was better than Ice AM so i wouldnt put too much stock in his feelings on ice dps.
  15. Vagrant Committed Player

The problem with this comment is that you can basically play that load out with currently every single power. Its just Weapon Buff, PI application, occasional burst power, NEO Venom for extra precision damage.
  16. Nu31 Well-Known Player

I said that? If you could read, I said Weapon Mastery is better than play from the tray. Just so you know because you’re clearly confused, play from the tray (pftt) is not the same as advanced mechanics (AM). AM is not in the game anymore, but nice try. L
  17. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

i like the part where you stick out your hand
  18. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Lol
  19. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I do too, it is very useful for slapping;)
  20. xD25x Dedicated Player

Sorry i meant when AM dropped. Its here on the forums somewhere. Unless you have deleted the comment.

Ps. Please dont report me again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.