Ice DPS Rotation broken?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Amontron, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Amontron Well-Known Player

Hi folks

I´ve noticed while testing a new ice loadout for dps, that ice has some delay issues on the cooling down like Frost Blast. i´ve checked my connection and it was ok than tested with some of other powers and no other power has this delay on the rotation.

ice has 2 moves that have longer animations like Frost Blast or Ice Boulder and it´s ok, both give a very good percentage of damage output beside being slow, but Frost Blast has this delay issue that you guys need to check.
    Frost Blast has like 5 seconds cooling down but on a rotation it can have like 8 seconds and it screws the rotation.
    idk what it is, but something is wrong. hope you guys can find what is going on, maybe it´s my pc rig or internet but please check it for me.

guys thank you so much :D
  2. Plowed In Loyal Player

Cool down starts at the end of the animation.
    • Like x 2
  3. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I believe you're clipping Frost Blast to fast. If you clip Frost Blast before the damage has a chance to register, it cancels the power out and has a very timely cooldown.

You just have to practice on when to clip. Hopefully that helps
    • Like x 1
  4. Amontron Well-Known Player

yeah ik, but if you try to use the iconic power Freezing Breath before the Frost Blast it will delay FB on the second rotation or so.
  5. Amontron Well-Known Player

yeah but i don´t go too fast or i do not clip anything, i go normal rotation speed and it delays a bit. but if it is what you say, i guess this longer cool down needs a fix anyways. thx for the reply ;)
  6. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Its your rotation then. You have to find a rotation that is smooth and not out of sync. Im on my Ice toon right now and Im not having any trouble with my cooldown.
    • Like x 1
  7. Amontron Well-Known Player

hmm ok i´ll check it one more time :) thx
  8. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I can tell you what it is, you cannot hit a power during the cast of frost blast. Even if its not a clip power. Dps usually button mash during cast moves to make sure the next move starts immediately after the cast but if you do this with frostblast it delays the cd. I do think it should be fixed because its not like that with fire burst or mass det so seems to be a frost blast thing not a cast time thing. Ran into that a lot on ice.
  9. Mickray78 New Player

What is the best ice loadout y'all found
  10. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Depends on your situation.
  11. Hraesvelg Always Right

Robot Sidekick, Ice Bash, Explosive Shot, Explosive Shot, Explosive Shot...
  12. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Depends. You looking for Melee or Ranged? Single Target or Multi Target? A mixture of both maybe?
  13. DeRiize New Player

Don't use frostblast its trash, the crit chance, magnitude is broken you lose too much damage over the course of a raid
  14. Mickray78 New Player

15. Mickray78 New Player

What is a good range loadout
  16. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Why are you giving false information out? You said in Apollion's A fix for Ice thread that you use Frost Blast yourself. Whats your story dude?

To the others, Frost Blast has a good crit chance and hits very hard. Although it has a cast time, it is a great power to have on your loadout.
    • Like x 1
  17. TheKeefMaster Well-Known Player

Smoking that wacky tobacky will do that to the brain......

Also.....Frostblast FTW
    • Like x 1
  18. L T Devoted Player

All abilities from all power sets other than water get the same crit chance and the same crit magnitude. When the Revamp came they added these as stats that you can actually see.

With all your skill points spent, they Max out at about 25% chance and 106% magnitude. For the math impaired that means you do about double damage once every 4 times you use an ability.

Frost Blast is Ice's strongest ability. The delay is annoying but it's Max range and mobile. If you're standing still while you use it you're probably doing it wrong.
  19. jzadragon New Player

Returning player, figuring my way through the revamp. Before I left I had some dudes at around 155 cr. Caught Vagrant's youtube guide series to give me an idea of how powers work now. Cool cool. It wasn't in his ice video, but do people run Resonating Gale as a pi starter?

I ask because I rolled up an ice character and in lieu of having Wintry Tempest as a lead, I was shocked, SHOCKED, at how convenient Resonating Gale is. I love the radial pull from range effect; it's so tidy and convenient for blasting at. With the sole exception of quantum's Singularity, I couldn't find any other power that is simultaneously a ranged radial pull, cc, pi starter, 3 second/200 energy spammable, lingers for the duration to catch up any adds that wander in a moment later, and seamlessly fits into a normal might-based rotation.

I'm still coming up on levels, but switching from weapon to mostly only this made things 100% smoother. I like to start with Resonating into Ice Boulder Strike and so on, trivializing all the trash mobs I come across.

I could see where building for elite tank-and-spanks bumps Resonating for the 12 second Wintry Tempest, but for anything prior to that, am I on the right track or am I missing something?
  20. L T Devoted Player

It's neat! But it doesn't work well in Raid or Alert content because only Tanks and Controllers have the dominance to pull adds in those instances. But for solo and duo content where you can juggle and pull things Resonating Gale is great.

Good for tanking too.
    • Like x 2