Ice Dps PvE Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Note Worthy, Jul 4, 2013.

1. King Homi New Player

I must admit we are very similar with loadouts but I choose reasonating gale over boulder. Im pretty balanced with my stats almost 2900 might n 1000 prec. I also rifle over bow for more aoe prec based damage to mix in with my might aoe damage. Just had a quantum n sorc dps saying if they lose to a ice dps n damage they will quit dc. Now if they log back in remains to be seen but im sure you catch my drift.. ;) Team Homi all day
  2. Note Worthy New Player

Boulder>RG any day but good for if it works your way i guess
  3. TrueOlympus New Player

This loadout is next to impossible on Ps3 from my experiences. Boulder will not work more than half the time.
  4. BigAl Devoted Player

Tried boulder out; even with direct line of sight, it missed more times than my one-handed charged range attack. And this was through many different challenges. Didn't try it in a raid, and I'm glad I didn't.
    If it works for you, then by all means.
    But I'm sticking with RG.
    • Like x 1
  5. Note Worthy New Player

If it missed that means you DIDN'T have a clear line of sight......
  6. BigAl Devoted Player

Like I said, if it works for you.....
    • Like x 1
  7. Hard Night New Player

Well tbh, I've had the same problem. I went out to the gorillas in the newbie area and just threw boulders for 30mins. Occasionlly, even if they were 5 feet in front of me in an open space, the boulder would still miss.

-ps3 player-
  8. Vismund Cygnus New Player

I love this loadout and have adopted it for DPSing. On usps3 the boulder throw does lag, the line if sight issues are more tolerable than getting stuck holding an invicible ice rock. Because of the consistency issue ive switched to boulder drop, which you cant combine with explosive shot but you can chain it after frostblast. The drop seems to hit aroun 900-2k and doesnt split as bad as RG or Snowball. I like using FrostSnipe too but it consumes so much power.

How does the Blizzard SC compare to the single target SC we have? I forget the name.
  9. SgtRevhardd Active Player

Been ice for 2 years lol.. similiar load out. just i used snow ball. ill try the ice boulder :D btw can u post the single target load out for the nexus? 97 ice dps 2556 might and did 2.5 mill damage untill last boss and they told me i was to low. the other dps was 4 mill and the other 1 was almost 3 mill.
  10. N4TURALKILLER New Player

I prefer blizzard over freeze ray.
  11. Tocimus Committed Player

RG beats boulder any day in all honesty. it doesnt require you to find a clear los to actually do damage.
    • Like x 1
  12. Note Worthy New Player

RG takes up more more power for less damage and sometimes misses even if you are in range. Boulder does more damage for thes power. Not to mention you cant do the bow clip trick shown in video unless you have boulder
  13. N4TURALKILLER New Player

I've never seen RG miss plus it ends on a higher modifier. Boulder has been a subpar power for ice for a long time.
  14. TrueOlympus New Player

Doesn't boulder only hit one person?
  15. Note Worthy New Player

no. its a frontal cone aoe
  16. N4TURALKILLER New Player

When: it doesn't miss the target completely, hit a team mate first which destroys it, you dont drop it b/c you get hit by an attack.
    • Like x 1
  17. BigAl Devoted Player

IMO, snowball lands waay more often than boulder, but it does less damage when it hits. But I would rather use snowball as an attack than boulder. Using Frost Blast with the HT 60% mod is friggin amazing though.

Blizzard may not hit the hardest, but it hits ALOT of enemies. Ran the Ferris duo to help a leaguer and went for the no battery feat. Froze more than 13 enemies when fighting Vice. Got the feat and was treated to a frozen visual feast. :)
    • Like x 2
  18. N4TURALKILLER New Player

Forgot about that! Yea one of the benefits of blizzard is that you're pretty much guaranteed to freeze a lot of enemies (bosses excluded) in blocks of ice. If you wait to use your SC until you pop a trinket, which I assume most people do, then you can hit RG which will do loads more damage due to the enemies being encased and the trinket buff. Thanks for the insight BigAl!
    • Like x 1
  19. Note Worthy New Player

I use this loadout in nexus and paradox on multiple occassions and I will rarely get blocked by teamates by establishig my position on the map. Its front cone damage , damaging w/e is in the path(2h tap 3 is good example), funny because it does more than my tap 3 with 2h at 1.2k prec in pve. Not to mention the main reason i do this is because of the trick shot clip, which is just beatiful with boulder. Imagine this: Trickshot for 1k+> Snipe 800+>Boulder for 2k+> trick shot 1k+>snipe 800+. calculate all that damage in under 8 secs and your gonna tell me that res gale which is slows down your cycle, uses more power, and does less damage is better then the boulder. and btw this is just calculating the damage without wintry tempest dot, or ice bash critical hit increase and the fact it also will damage target whilst hitting them, and on average it would his 2-3 times for 200+ non crit and 400+ on crit while on multiple targets because of boulder being frontal cone aoe. And all my base damage is weak compared to that of a normal ice user because im prec based not might.
  20. Dianna WD New Player

Using Snow Ball

Using Impalling Ice

Any supercharge can be used instead of Frost Blast for full ranged builds.
    • Like x 1