Ice Brick Wall..REALLY?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Imaginos, Dec 16, 2021.

1. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Ice Brick Wall. A really nice looking wall built out of ice bricks. Perfect for making cold rooms or icy prisons and other wonderful things right? No, no not at all. They don't actually stand up by attaching to the floor. They're not freestanding items they attach to the damn wall. Really? REALLY? Why ruin a great item by limiting it's use SO much. Also it's not listed as a "wall item" on it's mouse over info or on the vendor...GENIUS!

Serious, those new items are really good looking, love the silver wreath and all that but this wall is full of fail. The listings for these items are also rather full of fail not listing what part of a base they attach to. You really need to overhaul your information systems in the game. They're lacking.

On a related note still can't rotate floor items in various vendors to actually see them, nope still get a side shot years and years after you fixed that on the broker. Why hasn't this been propagated to other vendors? Why can't we actually preview items we may be interested in selling before listing it on the broker? Can't preview all of them using the sell to an npc trick either as not all items are sell-able at all. FAIL! Grrrr :mad:
    • Like x 6
  2. Eve YouTuber

Haven't gotten around to use the Ice Brick decorations. This is abit disappointing. Maybe they can make a variant for next year?
    • Like x 4
  3. Rainnifer Committed Player

Thanks for this info, I'll worry about getting those walls less now. I know the struggle of base limitations
    • Like x 1
  4. Trykz Dedicated Player

Ooooo y’all got the base community riled up.
    No one rallies like the builders.
    • Like x 2
  5. Trykz Dedicated Player

I love how it’s been a crazy week with a million things to be upset about,
    And this is what drove you to be like you know what, enough is enough.
    You’re alright by me lol.
    Sign me up for freestanding brick walls, I’m in.
    • Like x 1
  6. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

this makes me want them more. there should also be a freestanding version, sure. but yeah, I need bigass ice sheets for the walls.
    • Like x 2
  7. Aetrius Well-Known Player

You'll probably find the ice brick ceiling to be less useful than you expected as well. There's only a large sized version of it, so you can't use it in any of the rooms with columns.
    • Like x 2
  8. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

This is outrageous!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. AGGUSTEN Well-Known Player

Yes!, the preview of the floors cannot be rotated and therefore I don't know what it really looks like, so I basically buy them blind but I don't always like the result:(
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Imaginos Dedicated Player

And they are great looking. 6 leaves on the vendor for the stuck to the wall version that exists now. Freestanding would make them more useful as you can just push a freestanding against a wall but man, more is better, so yes to both!
  11. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Only options you have are to check ingame and load a browser and tab out of the game or use your phone and...
    1. See if there's one on the broker you can look at first, as you can rotate that view.
    2. See if the wiki has a screenshot of the item.
    3. See if there's a youtube video of the item
    The problem with all of those is it's very hit or miss if the item you want is on the broker at all and many of them are not, same with if they've been added to the wiki or if someone's made a video of them. The code is there, this should be added to all vendors.

Needs MOAR torches

Hadn't gotten one as a drop yet but yeah, that sucks.

Yeah. Proverbial straw. Had a Popeye Moment there.
    • Like x 1
  12. Imaginos Dedicated Player

That would be good, not the best solution but it's something. They do look nice but are hard to use. The large wall by the way is really tall. It'll go up to the top of the ceiling in the area by the computers, next to the stairs and down to the floor. The only good thing, about the wall version is you can clip it through the stairs though it covers them a little as it's a thick wall. Doing both versions (wall & freestanding) would be the best solution and not put any builder who's using them out of sorts.

The Pain is real. At least now they're on the vendor too, so you can get them via vault if you're lucky or the vendor. Kudos to the devs for adding them there. Thanks for that, Devs.
    • Like x 1
  13. myandria Item Storage

Me either. I got a couple from running the Seasonal Vault. Perhaps they should be tagged as a "Covering" to clarify that they only "cover" certain areas of the lair (walls, ceilings, floors).
    • Like x 1
  14. Achikah All About That Base

While I do agree, 100%, that freestanding dividers should have been an option for a matching set, the Ice Brick Walls are pretty phenomenal. They're hitbox is extremely generous compared to most wall items- they contour pillared facades, clip into corners, ceilings, and floors, and the overlay doesn't spaz out graphically if the bricks are aligned properly nor is there an obnoxious shadow cast when overlapped like most mass/dividers. Match this with the fact the 2-Story fit beautifully in the larger Manor/Atlantean/Brainiac theme, it's a home run of an item. It's hard to believe these were rejected/held back from release to begin with.

Hopefully next year we'll get the freestanding walls to match. For now, I'm just extremely grateful we can purchase and enjoy these for the time being since large wall facades are in short demand and they're not locked behind a vault-exclusive drop.
    • Like x 1