I would like my powers to stop double casting

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by WilderMidnight, Jan 20, 2018.

1. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

its been eight months now.

mental, ice, quantum, nature and fire all have powers that fire off an extra hit each time you cast them.

it throws your rotations off, it wastes power, it wastes time. in elite content its the difference between getting knocked out or being able to block/roll out of the way of an attack.

can we please do something about this already?
    • Like x 2
  2. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

which powers exactly? All of them?
    I pay mental and Quantum noticed nothing.
  3. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Ever since the revamp almost all powers do this. My rage goes through it alot specially in tank role. I try to pull and combo in another power instead it'll do the same pull move 2 to 3x.

I'm not sure what happened, or what needs to be fixed but I know for sure it's not those powers only I've heard them from other players and other powers as well. Pretty annoying too
  4. Aerith Rose Committed Player

I have not noticed this myself. What platform are you on? PS4? PC? Xbox?
  5. IcyStone Well-Known Player

I noticed some kind of power memory. Like im doing a power and use other before the first ends and then i dont have to use the second after the first ends. But idk exacly when this happens and why. I dont mind it. Im ice ofc.
  6. IcyStone Well-Known Player

So i think you are not doing extra hits. You used the power while still doing the other. Might be that.
  7. Turnt UP New Player

PSYCH SHOCK MUTH FREAKING PSY SHOCK its the fastest move we got till double cast happens

• Like x 1
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

i also have a problem when playing with rage combos:
    double imputs prevent a view combos from working...
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

it also happens with cryokinesis and telekinesis. voracious plants for nature, frost snipe for ice and one of quantums beam attacks (i forget the name atm).

it is especially frustrating in elite content trying to get out of an aoe or johnny quicks wind blasts or owlmans sonic attack and your sitting there stuck in an attack you dont want to be casting.

the hotfix mental recieved didn't do much either. telekinetic bolt is just worse.
  10. Mazahs Loyal Player

I main on Quantum and haven't seen this happen .
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

its not something you can capture on video. it looks like your spamming the power.

in the video below (taken about ten minutes ago) while it looks like i'm spamming psychic shock i'm only hitting the button once every two casts. i'm not even inputting another successive move. its just casting on its own.

and while i'm at it...seriously?

does it look like this is a power thats working properly?
  12. IcyStone Well-Known Player

Looks like it happens sometimes after you hit square in your controler then triangle hits after. Are you sure its not some controler error or stuck button?
  13. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Can't reproduce this on PC. Are you PS4 or Xbox?
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

ps4.

controller is relatively new. works great and gives me no issue on other games.

its been like this since the revamp.

don't really care for psychic shock as a dps move but as a controller its one of two defense debuffs and the only one that isn't a pull. this also happens to cryokinesis and telekinesis.

i'd be really happy if phantom flames and thought bubble could go back to being my defense debuffs.
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i would still like my powers to stop double casting.
  16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

still double casting.
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

still double casting.