I want to see a Dev team run alerts and raids and see how they do?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheArmorsmith, Jul 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Ivanenko Committed Player

There's not enough devs to run a raid, they'd have to run an alert or just queue and see what it feels like to run a raid with someone typing "GOGOGO" before each fight.
  2. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

As long as they don't secertly push the Godmode button lol
    • Like x 1
  3. BumblingB I got better.

The devs pug a lot. You just don't know who they are. They don't want to get heckled and trolled to the extent they wont publicly play the game they work on. Like what happened to Spytle. It's a sad day when a developer can't even play the game he loves and works on openly.

You know, he still gets people in his stream talking about DCUO when he's playing another game? Yeah, no.

Would I love to see them let's play? Sure! I just don't want them to hate the thing they work on.
    • Like x 2
  4. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

I would assume they'd do pretty good since Mepps' sorcery healer has 180k hps....just sayiing...
  5. Red Jenni Loyal Player

Even without God mode, they've likely already given themselves every feat in the game, and thus every skill point. Still, I'd love to see this, and not on the FotM powers. I want to see Spytle try to keep rage AM going as a dps. I want to see one of them try to tank adds while another dev stuns with quantum or nature. I want to see a dev try to solo troll with a rage tank and electric healer.
  6. BumblingB I got better.

o_O
    http://wavedox.com/worlds/uspc/characters/mepps

He plays personally on USPC. His USPS character is strictly for logging into PS as a GM.
    • Like x 1
  7. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

Then maybe there should be set rules they have to go by. Say if they can only have no rare items and SP no higher than say 120. Gear mixed between that current tier and one below it or the .5 tier above it.
  8. Oriole New Player

I mean if they say 2-2-2-2 can be run in all content them they can prove it just FNL it and turn off all responses since people don't know how to act and let them watch live. Also get a group and make it where you have not all the SP but what an avg. Top tier player may have hell even have on or 2 people with less than 150 SP to see what its really like and run new content. I like an idea someone posted where there is 2 groups runnig the same content stream them both live have one group 2-2-2-2 and the other 5-1-1-1 and see who can do what the fastest. Its called stress testing in a way like when some people overload the severs on purpse to test it well they can test for themsleves at some points to fully understand what the players sees and that is something the best think to do take away your Godmode mess and play like the rest of us can make you see all kinds of new things.
  9. Spytle Executive Creative Director

I didn't upload all of my PvE streams from Twitch, and they have since lapsed from the site, but this is what I do have. I organized it for you into a playlist and you can spend hours upon hours pouring through it if you like.

I don't play the game publicly any more because certain people will mock me for it, or even use snippets here and there as some kind of ammunition against me and the team. So, in short, those people have made it not worth sharing the experience.

Games are for fun. I have fun making them and I have fun playing them. In the case of playing the game I make in front of everyone here, it quickly became not worth the effort - trolls took the fun out.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFT2GkCKYque_rQZNNH8BOOaooCv0sG9Q

As you can see from this thread, many people here simply want to see it because they hope that we will fail in one way or another, and that would turn into countless instances of abuse as any mistake will be used as a weapon. So, you can see why this is not something anyone is jumping at the chance to do.
    • Like x 18
  10. YinChakra Dedicated Player

uhh isn't there a video of a group comprised of devs only running content ?
  11. Backseid Devoted Player

Just because the make the game, doesn't mean the have the time to play 8hrs a day and be top dog players. They actually have jobs to do.
    • Like x 1
  12. Solar Well-Known Player

Sounds like water power should have a super charge called Spytles tears.
    • Like x 2
  13. Spytle Executive Creative Director

Or, we can not put that power in and I can just avoid spiteful commentary altogether by not sharing my DCUO time with you. It's a win for the power and for me.
    • Like x 9
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I think we can see through your statement why Spytle and the rest of the development team are reluctant to share videos publicly. Great example.
    • Like x 7
  15. Solar Well-Known Player

Spiteful commentary is large percentage of this game. If everyone based how they wanted to play or what they live streamed on what others say about them it would be very empty gaming world.
  16. Spytle Executive Creative Director

Is that how you justify it?

And I actually DO stream my gameplay with everyone, just not the game I work on - DCUO. So...yeah, you're kind of barking up the wrong tree here, kiddo.
    • Like x 7
  17. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

Its true that people would make letting us watch u play a negative decision.
    But the OPs reason was Just and i agree with him. "So you could see what we see sometimes"

Sometimes i honestly feel like you or devs in general actually havent played some content due to the fact issues in said content remain for a large period of time or indefinitely despite reports, i can tell you t5 remained a No mans land for 3months after gu47 until gu50 adjustments occured.
    • Like x 3
  18. Solar Well-Known Player

It's exactly how I justify it. People are mean because the anonymity of the internet, so people should let that affect how they play or what they stream? I choose and I hope others do as well to not let the action and words of some internet trolls influence how I do things.

And I am barking up the right tree since the conversation was about you not playing DCUO openly live.
    • Like x 1
  19. Spytle Executive Creative Director

I could have gone in there every day and it would not have made a thing happen any faster. These things don't change with the snap of a finger. Nor are all problems that happen on live easy to reproduce internally so a dev can properly debug it. And solutions that seem ot work internally go live and players simply find a way around them, and it is back to the drawing board. We are well aware of what is goign on, and if you were in our shoes, you would be well aware of the difficulty in solving some of the problems that arise, not to mention the time and effort they take to get them fixed and pushed through to live on multiple platforms.
    • Like x 12
  20. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

I'm pretty sure the devs don't play much, which is a shame. Riot Games encourages their staff to play as much as possible. It's one thing to have the numbers, it's another to actually walk amongst the mortals.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.