I want my pets back. NOW

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gale Reaper, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Proxystar #Perception

I think some people need to calm down here a little and put on your tinfoil hats there's no conspiracy to steal your teplay badges.

If I recall correctly this was the first sm to give pets and last time no one got any.

I don't think it was ever intended we spawn an army of demons to follow us that is both irrational and lacking in common sense.

Just because they're called totems doesn't mean we get to spawn a bunch of pets.

Britteny's idea for a utility belt is a great one which would allow it and is already something within the game.

Promote that constructive idea rather than ranting and raving about something that was never intended in the first place.
    • Like x 1
  2. Neidler123 Dedicated Player

Whoa whoa whoa, is that rational thinking?
    You sure your in the right forum?
    • Like x 1
  3. zCaution Well-Known Player

It's not suppose to spawn multiply times..so they fixed it. Simple don't complain. Now while in combat they are targets and can be used to body block. Why does everyone complain when something is FIXED
  4. TestReporter Loyal Player

If we don't complain whos going to? :p
    There are many things to fix in the game instead of doing a useless thing as changing SM pets, if we can't spawn multiply pets at a time and/or have a SM utility belt, theres no fun in getting pets and resetting SM, a group beats round 16 and can't spawn the pets their got at the same time.
  5. drkhrt1 Well-Known Player

See, I don't buy that...I do believe they were originally meant to be used to spawn multiple pets. But since they could be used to body block bosses (exploit) they had to fix it. Otherwise can you please provide a rational explanation for having 2 trinkets that drop, one called a device, the other a totem and they do the exact same thing.
    • Like x 1
  6. zCaution Well-Known Player

Maybe they're for only round 20, only the Devs can tell us
  7. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Did anyone make him?
  8. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

Does anyone make you come on here and troll people?
  9. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Asking a simple question isn't exactly trolling.
  10. iRoshi New Player

Dam. I don't have any pets and don't want any now.
  11. Chocolate Enforcer Committed Player

Lol I explained this already . People were lead to believe this was working as intended thus who wouldn't want to collect each type of totem in SM.
    • Like x 1
  12. Craven Green Loyal Player

Not Intended. Okay no problem.

SM released December 16th.
    Pets achieved by groups January 7th (may be earlier apologies)
    Hot fix for pets January 20th.

2 weeks approx. before the unintended awesomeness of these pets was removed.

I loved the uniqueness of these SM pets over others. I loved having an army of minions at my feat as I dressed my character to look like the lust demon. I named them all. I liked being able to summon this years pets with other pets.

I had zero idea that these same pets were being used to cheat SM and I find it ironic that the very people that earned their pets then used those same pets to exploit and cheat SM. They could have disabled the pets in SM and hotfixed them not to be summoned in combat.

As they will not be changed back now and I agree with some of the rationale for the changes I also like Brittney's suggestion for a SM pet utility belt.
    • Like x 1
  13. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

See i just don't see how ppl were led. No other sm pet let's you call out muplite to my knowledge now is it fishy they waited till ppl spam replays. Yes. But I just don't understand the other part
    • Like x 1
  14. Chocolate Enforcer Committed Player

Each of the SM pets are unique so since no one got any last time everyone thought this was how they worked
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

These pets are super cool, but also very resource intensive. We have to be mindful of how many can be on the screen at any given time, and these were never meant to be spammable.
    • Like x 4
  16. TheNexMaster Active Player

Is that really what the problem is? Spawning multiple demons that did absolutely nothing but sit there to look good. I'm disappointed
    • Like x 1
  17. Sivulla Dedicated Player

You must construct additional pylons.
    • Like x 1
  18. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Haha that brings me back !
    • Like x 1
  19. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I bet they'd cause lag. I had too many watchers (more than 15) once and it was bad.

Fun story about that time when I had a real army:
    Several years ago I encountered a weird bug that allowed my sorcerer to summon the watcher infinitely. In the hall of doom I had simply noticed that three watchers were following my healer. Confused I used the watcher power again and he summoned a fourth. 'What the...' I thought and summoned a couple more... 'Would they all follow me?' I wondered and ran around. The game was stuttering when I moved, so I stopped. Of course my character was drawing attention from other players, since he had a cloud of watchers following him, almost looking as if carriedhad a big bundle of balloons. The others wanted to know: Do the time watchers also fight or only follow?
    So I accepted their duel invite...
    My opponent attacked me, the watchers all started attacking and the game stuttered. When the stutters finished the duel was already over. He got one-shot by the watchers. This looked very funny!
    Others wanted to duel watchersso I let them. It took a while until I could stop laughing...but eventually I did and decided to try fixing my bugged character. Fortunately, after a simple relog my watcher summon power are back to normal...

My Laptop is strong, but that many watchers made it lag already. The PS3 would have been worse!
    • Like x 1
  20. Neidler123 Dedicated Player

So wait this isn't wasn't some evil scheme to trick people into spending replays?
    There was a logical and frankly obvious answer all along?
    Who woulda guessed it.....
    • Like x 1