I want my pets back. NOW

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gale Reaper, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

I want to know why. What was so game-breaking that this had to be done? How was this an "issue"?
    I can understand summoning in combat (not really, since they don't attack anything but w/e, I can let it slide), but removing the ability to spawn more (up to 9) pets at once? Why? Was it overloading the server? Creating lag? Was it in any way advantageous to me? No? Then why? What was supposed to be the difference between the device and a totem then?

I stopped counting how many hours I invested into SM and I can't even get a 1 bone to chew on. I'm furious.
    • Like x 4
  2. TestReporter Loyal Player

Yeah, thats really sad, i think the totem wasn't supposed to drop in r12-18, can't say for sure, but they should not have changed it, all SM pets should be like this totem.
    • Like x 1
  3. Void cell Well-Known Player

I share your frustrations. The good old bait and switch. This game does everything they can to lose faithful players. I spent a good amount of replays to get different totems. Why the hell name them totems if you can't spawn multiple pets, wouldn't that be the device?
    • Like x 1
  4. Craven Green Loyal Player

I wholeheartedly agree with you. The unique ability to spawn multiple imps was the reason I was going back into SM for more and replaying 2 levels to get them. I would also like to know what the difference between the totem and the device is. They also removed the ability to spawn this SM pet at the same time as the previous SM pets.

This has made me rethink the validity of going back into SM and trying for more pets. I am saddened and mad at this change to the SM pets. Two thumbs way down to this decision.
    • Like x 1
  5. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

I had brought up awhile ago having an SM utility belt, similar to the bootility belt, so that way we could show off the different pets we have. And then this happened :D

I'm sad that this is changing. It was fun having an army of demons following you.
    • Like x 4
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

maybe u could block npc with those spamable pets , make them stuck & stop their mechanics ?
    • Like x 1
  7. Ichiro Loyal Player

If it worked as intended before the fix you would have never known and this thread would not exist.
    • Like x 1
  8. Chocolate Enforcer Committed Player

T
    • Like x 1
  9. Physique Dedicated Player

Maybe the intent is to have people actually beat the entities they put up in SM instead of "petting" them to death. Doing it this way does up the challenge, you think?
    • Like x 2
  10. Chocolate Enforcer Committed Player

This has killed any motivation in going back into SM. This change was not necessary.I could understand in combat but out of combat there should be no reason for this change. I know me and others are extremely upset about this change
    • Like x 1
  11. TestReporter Loyal Player

What?
  12. Chocolate Enforcer Committed Player

But that's not what happened.
    • Like x 1
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Apology accepted :p
  14. drkhrt1 Well-Known Player

Very bad decision by the Devs, with no real explanation of why this change was made. A nice big middle finger to your hardcore players.

Please rethink this, and change back to allowing multiple pets to be called up (outside of combat). Otherwise what is the real difference between the device and a totem?

Such a stupid thing to do to upset your loyal customers.
    • Like x 2
  15. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

Im keeping score, Devs.
    Once again you needlessly fixed a bug that was better than what you guys originally intended for us to have. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  16. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Did anyone else hear this in the open

• Like x 1
  17. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Agreed, dislike the change.
    • Like x 1
  18. RogerBlack Committed Player

Correction.... real Hardcore Players do NOT use any Pets.
    Stop crying bout it.
  19. TestReporter Loyal Player

What?
  20. drkhrt1 Well-Known Player

Hardcore players are the people going after the pets. That is what SM was created for, people seeking a challenge and then having something to show for the accomplishment of beating a boss 20 cr higher than you.

Now as for your term of "use", the SM pets can't be used for anything, they are strictly a vanity item, that I hate to say a good portion of hardcore players strive to acquire.
    • Like x 3