I used your services for the first and last time Daybreak Games.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lykan, Dec 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lykan New Player

[IMG]

1st - Why such optimization will touch only PS4? I remind that DCUO exist also on other platforms. PS4 is not the navel of the universe. Please take attention on the difference in gameplay of your game on all platforms Daybreak, because there is a reason why your game have weak PC and Xbox One population. Focus your resources, optimize the game but make it comfortable to play on all platforms, otherwise you can shut down other servers togheter with PS3 and keep up only PS4 if you are going to focus your interest only on that one platform. If your very limited resources do not allow you to optimize the game on all platforms, i think that in this case the best option will to sell the game to another company or completely close the game because there is no point in developing the game this way. If you can not afford it, sell the game to someone who can stand.

2nd - Why have you delayed with optimizing your game for so long Daybreak? after so many years am i supposed to believe now that you guys are going to optimize your game? and that it will like before? Because i will believe :rolleyes: where were you 3 - 4 years ago? I'm curious. I will say this, i don't think it means what you think it means. I personally think that this is just an excuse to not make panic before you guys are going to shut down other servers.

3rd - After 7 years of using your services from now i will omit afar all your products and everything that is associated with your logo and company. Goodbye.

• Like x 1
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

And where do you get off here? You're basically demanding that Daybreak should optimize the game for PC and Xbox, or shut their servers down(which is illogical) after you admit that you're going to be boycotting daybreak.

You've basically just given the developers a reason to already lock up this thread.. Genius thinking there OP:rolleyes:
    • Like x 10
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Consoles get old and outdated, and in order to move forward and make the game the best it can be, they need to drop the hardware restrictions that the ps3 put on DCUO. This was bound to happen eventually, get over it and either put a ps4 on your christmas wishlist or move on to the other very few online games that still support the ps3.

I'm sorry 7 years went to waste for you, but time waits for no man.
    • Like x 14
  4. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

I still think that is a shame this game being primarly focus on ps4 and only then on pc and xbox. However i belive giving the option to ps3 players to pick their next plataform instead of forcing you to go dirreclty to ps4 would be better. Still, I can bet this ps4 forced on you has some copyrigths and legal stuff involved so nothing can be done about it.

About the ps3 support, well its still amazing how survived so long:D Not to be bad or anything but that console has like 10 years. When we are starting to think of a possible arrival of ps5 its inevitable. Not sure if the console was pushing back the game, but we will find out very soon...

If you want to compare to cpu i3 is younger then the ps3 and we currenctly on i9(still most stuff inst compatible for it yet)
    • Like x 1
  5. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

A mess.

Listen, consoles get outdated and in order for games to do better and get more things they need to drop consoles.

It's the same reason why new games arent available on that decade old box (a.k.a the PS3).
    • Like x 2
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The game is the same version across all platforms. Only thing that differs are the controls. Other then that it's simply a direct port, so when they say they're optimizing it for the ps4, it simply means under the restrictions that the ps4 has on the game, where as it used to be the ps3. They're not focusing the ps4 over the xbox or PC. If they had all separate versions of the game for each platform, they wouldn't have to drop anything if the ps3 income was enough for the upkeep of the server, but it would be very expensive to maintain 4 different versions of the game.

Just throw it all in on one basket and call it a day. Much easier. Except now that basket just got bigger with a lot more room with the ps3 going away.
    • Like x 3
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

PSN handles all PS accounts. All your payment and account information is through PSN. PSN is the only thing keeping your characters bound to PS platform. You're barking up the wrong tree on your first point OP.
    • Like x 3
  8. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Hmmm another PS3 player that thought the support of the outdated console would never end. Technology moves on. Im surprised they let you guys have all this time before killing the support for good. I applaude Daybreak for this move to eventually begin optimizing the game as we move forward. You fail to see that all servers will be optimized to what they should be without PS3 regardless of console (PC/PS4/XBOX). Second of all the XBOX/PS4 have a good while before they get to PS3's state of being obselete. And PC's can be fixed up and upgraded over time to meet new requirements set by the game. PS3 support was inevitable to come about and there is nothing to be done. PS4s are cheap now and you can get a new one for a decent price so its really not that big of a hurdle to switch over.
    • Like x 1
  9. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  10. Lykan New Player

I'm not on PS3.
  11. Lykan New Player

I'm 25
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

so why does it concern you????
    • Like x 7
  13. Fed up player #10 Well-Known Player

You do realize that was directed solely at Ps3 players. It was to let them know that the Ps3 will no longer be supported and that in order to keep playing the Ps4 is the only way. Nowhere in the text does it say PC and Xbox support ends. You do realize that the Ps3 has been holding the game back don't you?
    • Like x 4
  14. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Fatal got my response.
    • Like x 2
  15. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

He think they will drop PS3 and only optimize the game for PS4 players LOL
    • Like x 4
  16. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Anyone actually know the population of players between consoles/platforms? If there are more players using one console/platform over another, I would venture to guess the reasoning for the optimization to one console over the next (if there is one)...especially due to lack of advertising..which is nearly inexisistent outside of gamer sites..that only the die hard gamers look for.

Ps3's days were numbered for years..we all knew the drop of Ps3 would come eventually...surprised it lasted this long..its nearly impossible to play DC on the PS3 anyway...I tried for grins..it was horrible.
  17. SkullGang Devoted Player

Game dev knowledge not even once.
  18. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Dude this is about the PS platform and removing an older system from it if the game was on an older Xbox system they would of done it by now for the Xbox .
  19. TestReporter Loyal Player

That's not what the text says...
    • Like x 1
  20. Lykan New Player

Is clearly written there that they will focus their resources on further optimizing the game for PlayStation 4. Not on PC,PS4 and Xbox One. So yeah that's what i think because this is what was written.

[IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.