I should know this (super speed) but .. ?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by JustSome_Chick, Jan 3, 2014.

1. JustSome_Chick New Player

All of my characters have been acrobats or flight. Mostly acrobats.

I've decided to level a speedster to 30 to get my lvl 30 speedster trophy. (i wanted a challenge lol).

I see speedsters covering incredible distances and going super high / far and i can't figure out how. I have my level 9 boost. It converts vertical into horizontal. However, trying to time running up a building and jumping and doing anything effective with it eludes me.. half the time i end up somehow bouncing and going the wrong direction before i make it to the top.

I've been looking around and I found this little blurb and table :

http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Speed

It references the following :
    But doesn't say what ability that is? Looking at the table none of them describe downward momentum to forward.

So, what am I missing? Besides skillzors *chuckle*

Thanks!
  2. aceCase Committed Player

Just do the double jump man. Some people jump and then tap jump again, I like to jump and then hold jump.

As for bulding are concerned, yeah anything that isn't flat will cause problems. Personally, I find that if you jump at an angle off the building yo go further then if you were going straight.

Give it a shot, it's fun.
  3. Campor Well-Known Player

Superspeed was actually reworked a bit since that was written. The double jump and the speed boost are in that first ability now rather than split up. And if you run up a building while using the numlock speed boost and jump right at the lip of the building, you'll end up soaring. You hit the jump button as you fall and you'll end up going more forward than you were otherwise. It will significantly cut down your upward movement though.
  4. JustSome_Chick New Player

I have done the jump then hold jump, does help me go up and out a bit more but still nothing like the height and distance I have seen other speedsters going. I've tried the going at an angle too, which is hahahaha usually when I get all turned around.

So there is no other skill point to spend on the thing I quoted above, that specifically converts downward momentum to forward motion?

It's just practice? hehee
  5. JustSome_Chick New Player

Ok so.. if I wait til I am Falling then do the double jump hold.. I can go farther? I think, I've been hitting it again while still going Up..

Cool I'll give it a whirl, thanks!
  6. Campor Well-Known Player

You can do both. You get more effect if you're going up, but you also lose your upward momentum really quickly. It's effective if you're trying to cross a stretch of city quickly, not so much if you're trying to get over another taller building. But combining the speed boost and that give you a LOT of forward movement.
    • Like x 1
  7. Karnevil Committed Player

run up a building at superspeed, just when you get to the top tap jump and then hold jump. you will fly.....far. and you may find the urge to yell, 'whoohooo!!', or something of the sort. it's kinda fun.
    • Like x 3
  8. Zpred Dedicated Player

This^^

Do the jump just as your about to leave a ledge and you should go very high. Make sure you have the super sonic fast speed active (L3) for better results.
  9. Whiteroom New Player

Just switched from flight to super-speed myself, the races are a headache. Getting on to thin towers and running circles around them instead of straight up them... Gaahhhhhhhhh! rage inducing!
    • Like x 2
  10. JustSome_Chick New Player

I got fairly good at it tonight after reading the responses here. It is pretty fun - nothing like flailing your arms wildly while falling 100 mph down and across the city ahhahaha :D

Kinda love it! Dunno if I will ever be good enough for races but, it is a heck of a lot more active which makes the cross city treks less likely to induce the sleepy nods haha
    • Like x 1
  11. Mini Lini Loyal Player

SS races are the worst... Some people say Acro ones are bad but I had no trouble with them or flight... SS though drives me crazy. This could be the result of playing DCUO on a laptop with a touchpad though lol
  12. Zhouz Well-Known Player

As stated above, the "Inertial Flywheel" skill that slows your fall and boosts your forward drive was rolled into the "Speed Force" skill.
    • Like x 1
  13. Zeikial Committed Player

practice is all
  14. Conner New Player

Think happy thoughts
    • Like x 2
  15. Sevanity New Player

Why would you put yourself through that... lol
  16. Karnevil Committed Player

try to jump from the top of Lexcorp to the Daily Planet. Just for funsies.
    • Like x 2
  17. JustSome_Chick New Player

omg haha ok that's the first thing i'm going to do when i log in later
  18. Void cell Well-Known Player

It just takes practice. Use a building as a catapult. Run up the side and jump at the top ledge lip, double jumping while at the apex to get max distance.

I made this just for you
  19. Spacedude2 New Player

I actually like jumping the opposite way which is going right over the edge of a building and then hitting super speed. It's like a roller coaster. Especially nice if your going in towards an opposing group just to say hello! The coolest aspect of the speeding is when you get to a quest zone really fast and you see the bad folks so you go to hit them, and then they disappear! Really cool!
  20. Gwalir Loyal Player

You mean like, "One more race and then I can switch back to Acrobat?" :D