I really hope the BOP episode is better than the Movie..

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by MrSuperman, Feb 9, 2020.

1. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Just saw the movie and began dozing off...

Please don’t use the same storylines as the movie!

And I’m hoping DCUO uses the classic characters in the BOP episode. Wasn’t a fan of the supporting cast.

Just my opinion!
    • Like x 1
  2. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Some friends of mine saw it. They seen at least five, six people get up and leave. Might have been better if it was a series on CW.

At least its some new game content......
  3. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I've no interest in it, meself. I don't recognise any of the characters. also, I really dislike Harley Quinn, so I probably wouldn't have seen it, anyway, but, yeah, that ain't no Black Canary. not my cup of tea.
    • Like x 4
  4. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

That’s what happens when a movie gets woke they go broke apparently it bombed at the box office
    • Like x 4
  5. Brit Loyal Player

A DC live action film is mediocre on the big screen? Color me unsurprised.
    • Like x 2
  6. Balton hero Committed Player

Can't just slap a name on a character and change almost everything about them from the original and expect people to be happy. Canary is at least the second time they've done it in this franchise.
    • Like x 5
  7. EconoKnight XIII Legion

The trailers have turned me off because it seems Margot Robbie changed the focus of her performance. For whatever reason, it was decided to put more emphasis on the trashy aspect of what she did with Harley in Suicide Squad, and I don’t think that’s the part that drew people in originally. For me, it just comes off as really annoying and sleazy - not as something fun.

That’s where Warner / DC just don’t seem to “get it”; and it’s so simple to understand! Why are Marvel movies so successful? Because they have one goal - make a fun movie. Not a serious drama or a horror show or a social justice statement - just make the chief goal to have fun. The creatives behind this game could learn from that too.
    • Like x 4
  8. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I enjoyed it.

*shrug*
    • Like x 1
  9. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Don't blame me for this.

Blame twitter & discord for me seeing it.

[IMG]
    • Like x 13
  10. Black Jaq Devoted Player

It was alright. Obviously people are complaining about Black Canary because she is brown-skinned. But she kicked butt. Cassandra Cain is nothing like her DC character except for the fact that she's Asian. That should be the bigger disappointment to people.

The movie was a little too focused on Harley for my tastes but it probably would not have been made except for Margot Robbie acting as executive producer.
    • Like x 2
  11. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

33 mil opening weekend (Jonah Hex movie numbers). If the movie was actually OK, then WB should get a refund on the marketing and get someone else to cut better trailers.

* Marketing was terribad.
    * Many didn't like Suicide Squad after forking the money. Fool me once.
    * Bad costumes, CW TV at least tries to make it look like from the comics.
    * Misleading movie title. Harley is a Siren not a BoP.
    * Don't let Robbie be a producer.
    * Rated R, but a chunk of demo for Harley are female teens.
    * Has a smelly rep that the movie is 'woke' (criticism fair or not).
    * Should have opened on Valentine's weekend.

*** Just Make it closer to the source material ***.
    • Like x 3
  12. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Movie was terribleeee
    Major ooff at dc right now,

This is why dcuo needs to go on their own path again,

I just don’t believe they put that movie out after seeing how good joker was
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

I saw the BoP movie and wasnt that bad, it was on the same level as Suicide Squad movie which means wasnt good either...
  14. Brother Allen Loyal Player

The movie was okay. Definitely not great but definitely not as bad as Suicide Squad. The marketing for the movie was terrible because I honestly had no clue it was a rated R film until I got in there. lol. After about the 10th "f-bomb" I was like...there is no way this is PG-13. The violence was oddly very toned down for a rated R film. It's almost like the ones in charge of the movie were willing to just take the R rating for the language instead of tidying up the language a bit. Don't get me wrong, I have ZERO issue with a rated R comic book movie (most of my favorite comic book movies are rated R), but if you are going to cut out the PG-13 market then you should go all in with violence and language.

So yeah, overall I gave the movie a meh rating. Nothing terrible but definitely not great by any means.
    • Like x 1
  15. Irvynnge Loyal Player

just my opinion, for sure, but I think that's probably a bit unfair. both Wonder Woman & Aquaman were good films ( certainly as good as anything that Disney / Marvel have released ).

also, if we go way back, the first two Superman films & Batman Returns are much much better films that anything Marvel have ever released ( except the second Raimi Spider-Man film which is as good as ).
    • Like x 1
  16. thedemonocus Loyal Player

There's a birds of prey movie? Is it any good or is it not out yet,i haven't heard anything about it?
  17. Trexlight Devoted Player

Movie was pretty great. I have my complaints on Black Mask but thats because I had an expectation of the character from my own writing and it didnt fit. But Ewan did a great job with how the material was written for him. I would actually be proud to own this movie. Unlike...well everything else from the Live Action universe. Shazam was good too. I'd own that as well.
    • Like x 2
  18. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Really slow to start but second half was actually pretty good. Too many people let others do their thinking for them...
    • Like x 1
  19. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

If only Joker hadn't come along and completely disproved this little theory of yours.
    • Like x 1
  20. Quantum Rising Committed Player

There were some parts with the "trashy" HQ but overall, especially in the second part, her character emphasized comradery and (spoiler)

Her mother/mentor relationship with Cassandra.