I officially apologize to everyone I criticized pre-Home Turf.

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Enickma, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enickma Dedicated Player

Before Home Turf, I criticized everyone for "QQing" about the changes that Home Turf would have on arenas.

I was unbelievably wrong.

I officially apologize to everyone that I criticized, as you were completely correct. They're beyond ridiculous now.

In case you were wondering what led me to this, here's the answer: I queued for a ONE vs ONE lair battle, and was matched up against a Healer who spawned three henchmen. It became impossible to do any damage to the henchmen because they were constantly being healed, so the fight became FOUR vs ONE.

Add in that they also spawned a watcher and one of the Halloween pumpkin things, and it was basically SIX vs ONE in an arena that was said to be 1v1.

This, along with other incidents, have made me realize the severe misjudgement I made before the DLC.

SO, if you were one of the people on the PC forums that I criticized before the DLC concerning Arenas, I officially apologize to you. You were right and I was wrong.

(and I also know this won't change, so I'm not posting this as a request, this is merely an apology. I simply must adapt or die with the changes.)
    • Like x 9
  2. Loadingscreens Committed Player

Easy fix is add a hardcore mode where it mimics the pre mega server days:

No pets, no pve buffs, no henchmen, or immunities.

THOSE WERE THE DAYYYYYYYYYS!
    • Like x 9
  3. Black Star New Player

...and you knew who you WERE THENNNNN.....

TROLLER WOULD TROLL and Tanks would tank...
    • Like x 1
  4. Volaron New Player

I forgive you. :p
    Even those who PvE can see that implementing the pets into arena PvP was the WRONG thing to do. All we want as PVPers are the pets out of the ARENA,not PVE, ARENA. So if the PvP community is asking for something to be changed that only effects PVP why hasn't it been changed? We'll never get an answer.
    • Like x 4
  5. Sarielle New Player

You saved me the trouble of typing a full response. This, plus trying to target actual players over the menagerie of summons makes me want to throw things, particularly in 8v8s.

Massive gear gap is bad enough. Please, please remove the summons.
    • Like x 1
  6. Skrews New Player

We wont see anything done for this.... even thought after 20+ topics one should get a response...
  7. Enickma Dedicated Player

Agreed. The pet spam was bad before, but it was still doable. Having to fight 6 on 1 in lair battles against healers now has completely changed my mind...

Again, this thread was not a call for change, it was an apology and an admission of short-sightedness to people I had previously fought with.
  8. Evie Syrena New Player

Oh, Enickma, how silly you are, hm?~
    It would be fantastic if all the extra pets and stuff could stay pve, I'd be happy. Arenas are hard enough as it is.
  9. Zpirit Dedicated Player

Really, unless that healer had grand summoning, he/she could not have more than 4 pets up at one time, 3 henchmen/ 1 watcher, henchmen i believe share a cooldown with other summoning trinkets.
  10. SlayingDaimon New Player

If your mental you could use robot sidekick, mass hysteria, trinket pets and horrific visage to reverse that scenario.
  11. BaddestJade New Player

Hmm,

This thread was misleading, so not what I thought you'd apologise for. But its a start.

Chin up
  12. Enickma Dedicated Player

Actually, I think I misremembered it, and you're right. I can't remember for certain if the pumpkin was up at the same time as the henchmen. Apologies for the error.

So it was 5v1, not 6v1.
  13. Karmapolice Well-Known Player

Not that I was any good at pvp to begin with but this is the main reason I haven't done an Arena in forever. When it became all pets, it stopped being fun for me.
  14. Yallander Loyal Player

I'm glad you've seen what PVPers were describing and MORE players notice this as well. It is ridiculous how they added exactly the opposite of what PVPers wanted. This stuff unbalances arenas. I wish I recorded it, but there was an Ace Chemicals match where I was trying to hold a node against 3 players and 8 pets...the players were horrible, but their pets sure gave me a wallop.

IMO seems like when PVErs start to complain about something things happen--case in point Valentine's Day event. Look how fast the devs did a 180. I think the PVPers should stand in the WT/HOD with cookies and signs asking for support. I'll do the baking :p!
  15. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I'm all for a mode that only allows powers with no trinket pets or mods from main frame
  16. Happy Cat Well-Known Player

I find it absolutely adorable how I see the people who spoke out on the (old) forums against the use of pets in 1v1 be the biggest abusers of pets and broken mechanics.
  17. Rooney Well-Known Player

I totally agree, the new trinkets and stuff are nice in PVE, but hate them in PVP.

I like Loadingscreens suggestion for a "hardcore" mode to remove all this extra garbage in PVP.
    • Like x 1
  18. ArcSin1 New Player

I believe this is part of the devs plan to eliminate PvP from the game, i think at most they want a hybrid PvE type of thing. Since GU13 they have been methodically deconstructing PvP. The lair battles are a total joke as I've experienced exactly what the OP is describing in almost every battle that is if the other person doesn't immediately leave, and you can tell they guy is switching out trinkets mid battle during the times hes standing immobile. I used to do PvP only during my 1.5hrs of game time at night, now its a chore to do a few arenas per night that is if a que pops in a reasonable amount of time.

The only thing I can go by is what the reality of the situation is right now, and its a hot mess thats little to no fun anymore.
    • Like x 1
  19. WonderValkyrie New Player

im glad carrol o' connor is not around to see this
  20. Magnificent Loyal Player

Saw this over the weekend in a Watchtower Containment match. The other team started popping pets and henchmen, so we did too. It looked like a crowd of angry Europeans after their soccer team lost a match.

Going back to pre-mega rules wouldn't be bad. What would also be kinda fun would be to make the pets in these matches very squishy and replenish some of your health and power when you squish them. It would make it a gamble for your opponent to use them ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.