I never thought I would say it, but... I love the Void Material !

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Caroline, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Caroline Dedicated Player

Hi all, lately we've had many threads about the game, filled with lots of complaints and fights about Time Capsules, Feats, etc.

I know that I've created several threads where I complained as well, thinking that everything is so bad and grey, but I overlooked some really nice things that the devs have given us. It's not a big deal for many, but for me it's everything when it comes to styles !

I know that I could've easily posted this in the Costumes' thread, but I thought this needs it's special little thread, because I've never been so happy about a cosmetic.

In the beginning I just wanted the item, because of the feat. I thought it looked cool, but I also thought that I probably would have never used it and now that I decided to try it out, I started thinking that it's the most amazing material we've ever had and I'm so thankful for it !

I just bought it for two of my characters and I wanted to show you how they look like and how the view of your character changes once you use this material, it's smoothing the original texture of the styles and makes it look EPIC !!!!!!

When it comes to buying new things, most of the time I'm neutral about them, because I hate expecting something that might not be as good as they promise it would be.

I realized that this material is something I've always wanted. I was so frustrated with certain styles, because of their texture or because they weren't going full black and now having this material gives you the opportunity to do that.

Thank you !

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 13
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

At least someone's enjoying it. I get the pleasure of just being able to preview it since I'll never actually get it.
    • Like x 17
  3. Here2Help Devoted Player

At first I also only went for the Void Material for the feat. Finally managed to buy the Void Essence off someone yesterday and got the material and feat. I wasn't too excited from what I saw on the Livestream and my initial thoughts were 'Meh'. Started to play around with it a bit more and it's definitely growing onto me and I'm starting to like it much more. I see you went with an all black Void Material, and I honestly prefer it with a bit of colour. Orange or blue mixed with the orange and blue nimbus auras are fab in my opinion. I still however think the Cosmic material is the best one yet.
    • Like x 1
  4. Menelaos Dedicated Player

You have actually managed to do something Mepps and Nerd did not during their stream...

You made it look good. Well done!

Regards,
    M
    • Like x 5
  5. Caroline Dedicated Player

One of the reasons why I went full black is because you can't really tell if the styles are different or there's just one in it, I just love it so much ! :)
  6. Caroline Dedicated Player

Oh, come on, of course you'll get it !
  7. Caroline Dedicated Player

Wow, thank you so much !
    • Like x 2
  8. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Yup, even though I have everything from the TC's, I'd much rather all this stuff be on the marketplace. I'd fully support the adding of new MP items, and while I spent $60 on TC's($20 1st, $40 2nd) I wont be supporting them beyond that considering their insanely low drop rates in the past two TC's.
    • Like x 4
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

whats really cool with the void material is you can set it to different colors so you can accent your styles. the rave boots we get out of the wayne solo look AMAZING with the void mat.

its a shame this stuff can't go on the marketplace. if it was easier to get all these materials i'm certain i'd be buying up more armories.

its not the void mat but these are my two favorite looks with the cosmic and phoenix:

• Like x 4
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yep, I already wasted 26 stabilizers on it, I suck at making ingame money, it's just simply not an option for me to get. I'd much rather have bought it straight from the marketplace, even if it was 3000+ MC. That's probably a lot less then what I would have got it for if I continued buying stabilizers.
    • Like x 6
  11. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Yeah for me it was a person in game that was using a similar style I have but with the mat on, and I was like yeah I want that right now! :D
    • Like x 1
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Maybe 5 years down the road after it came back a few times I'll have it
    • Like x 3
  13. SkullGang Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 16
  14. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Exactly, I spent that $60 and still needed to spend about 200m+ in game to get everything else.
    Then considering a huge resource for many people to make easy money was pretty much killed off, it's just too dang much, especially so for those that don't really focus on making in game money.
    It's really unfortunate that they create all these awesome new styles for us, only to have 5%(if that) of the people they created the styles for, ever get to appreciate and enjoy using them.
    • Like x 5
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'd say 5℅ is a little of an over exaggeration.

0.5℅ sounds a little better :p

I just don't understand it, they have people that want to spend money buying the cool styles, but they can't just outright put them in the marketplace. Even a featless version along side the capsules would have been fine in my book. Don't care for the points, just want the cosmetic.
    • Like x 7
  16. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Totally the opposite here, could not care less about the cosmetics...only reason I would want this or any of the other materials if for the feats.

Regards,
    M
  17. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

I'm hoping... HOPING... that the materials come back around in a future time capsules with a higher drop rate (because something new will be the impossible to get drop then).

But I'm probably living in Out-of-Lucksville with you.
    • Like x 1
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The sad thing is, they make more money doing it this way.
  19. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

I have it for the feat; which costed quite a bit of in-game savings. I certainly can't afford two. The material reminds me the bulky elite lantern gear in one of the previous tiers.
  20. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

I would say .5% is also too optimistic except that when I go to the Hall of Doom there are so many Phoenix Materials running around.

I also feel like such a derp when I drop my plain old orbital these days. LOL.
    • Like x 2