I miss speed feats

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lukelucky, Jun 2, 2018.

1. lukelucky Devoted Player

This was something that added depth to a dlc. First gear up enough to be able to finish the content with little effort and then it was like another tier in seeing how long until the speed feat fell. F. O. S. 2 was insane but when I first got it the rewarding feeling.

It was fun having to have content ruff enough to merit such a feat and obtaining the feat was a fun additive imo

Anyone else miss speed feats or not really
  2. Heywiar Committed Player

I miss them too! Those and the no death feats. They forced you to pay attention to mechanics.
  3. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Yea for sure its beter feat then pray to no one die and at the end there is always that one "person" who died.
    Speed feats was realy something but that before speed hackers .
    • Like x 3
  4. Ferret2 Well-Known Player

Ive been wondering why they took them out. Came back from a break with many new dlc and no speed feats. Mayby they will add them in if enough people want them.
  5. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I would love to see speed feats return only if they find a way to not allow this hack-software in the game.
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm surprised they took them out. The current attitude for any raid or alert now is "hurry and finish".
  7. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Considering most recent raids take about 15 minutes when released, having a feat which says 'complete raid in 10 minutes' is a bit embarassing.
    • Like x 5
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

This. Raids nowadays are already completed in less than 15 minutes without even trying. It's not like the days such as fos 2 where the speed feat was 40 minutes. If raids were that long today the community would riot.
    • Like x 5
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

There's a part of me wondering if players chasing speed feats might have contributed to that kind of mindset. If that was the case the devs might have taken them out (or not bothered with them) to try and reduce that kind of gameplay by players.
    • Like x 3
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That and replay spamming. I'm sure forcing yourself to run the same thing back to back 9 times would make anyone want to rush through an instance.
    • Like x 2
  11. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

I'm neutral on the topic, but it there was a pro/con list. Wasn't speed feats partly blamed by some folks for rise of dps stacking. If the speed feat is end-game; group form leaders may be more biased to FTOM powers than regular.

For the dps stacking, i don't see that as a real con now; since groups do it anyways and it's too late at this point to turn back.
  12. lukelucky Devoted Player

U mean the tiny amount of people playing a game not appealing to so many of its fans?

We know why we don't have them and how stupid easy content is but we can still say how we liked them
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Despite the whiff of nostalgia you're smelling right now, it wasn't as liked by the majority. Between Speed feats and enrage times, this game quickly slid into DPS Universe Online. Speed feats only feed the moar DPS mentality.
  14. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Not necessarily. I’d love to see raids with some sort of mechanics that favor support roles over DPS.

Example:
    Heal an NPC to get the security code for the door from him (requires being in healer role to do it). Once you get the code, a troll (in troll role) has to force another NPC to put the code into the control panel while at the same time a tank has to keep shielded adds from attacking a third NPC that’s frantically working on defusing the bomb (the room happens to be booby-trapped. Doors all locked, and bomb timer started once the group entered.) that will one-shot wipe the group.

Only thing for DPS to do is take out adds that have had their shields popped by the tank pulling them to a certain area of the room. Shields reactivate if they leave the specified area of the room.
  15. TestReporter Loyal Player

Well, there's the MOAR DPS mentality because raids allow MOAR dps and sometimes encourage them, after all when we get raids that actually require roles like DWF and UM the community rages with a 100 pages forum discussion.

Just look at the recent raids, it's actually easier to do them with 4-5 DPS than 2-2-2-2 or 3-2-2-1. If you use 2 tanks in TTBE the chances of wiping to Aquaman actually increase, because you will have less burn for tentacles, increasing the chances of wiping for one round of them or needing more shields to survive. Same goes for Starro, because he'll do more group attacks and will have a greater chance of powering up. Almost all of the raid bosses this days follow the same logic.

Now raids like Dox, FOS 2 and DWF had increased difficulty if you didn't have the right roles, ofc a good group was able to beat them without additional supports and probably faster/without wipes, but most of the players used less DPS and more supports to prevent the trouble of wiping 10 times for a boss or disbanding.

About Speed Feats i really don't know if they'll bring good or bad, if they are done correctly in a difficulty raid that is harder to beat with 4-5 DPS, then yes, otherwise no, because it'll become just another meaningless/DPS spam feat.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    About the Speed Hacking problem, i don't even know what to say this days, DCUO is one of the few games that allow Cheat Engine and other simple hacking softwares ,¯\_(ツ)_/¯. They don't take advantage only on speed feats, but probably all feats in the game and every piece of content, because when you can kill a boss in 10 seconds, everything is easier. They should really do something about this and punish the players who used any kind of hack, you know, like every other game.
  16. Kestral Committed Player

I miss the no death or no heal barrel feats more. It feels like the community continues to impose their own speed feat requirements to every run anyways.
  17. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

At the time fos 2 speed feat was difficult the vast community would not dare to run without 2 healers and 2 trolls. Unfortunately having 2 tanks was not a thing.

It wasn't till after OC that groups started to get into stacking groups with DPS's.

What is sad is we are constantly upgrading our gear to run content that is nowhere near the difficulty that even fos 2, 3 or any of the earlier raids or content was like.

It's like OC put a strong fear in the dev's that won't even give content like that ever again.

I keep hoping that more of the community will come to realize that we are getting gear that we can't really challenge. The game has become a game of Barbie, we just play dress up and stand around now a days.

Back then the group could be full 88/89 and still wipe at the entrance to fos 2 if the group was like the community is today.

Just sad really.

I still can hope.
  18. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

As for me, I do NOT miss speed feats one bit; the rewards were and still are not enough to consider working that hard. In my opinion, speed feats should reward 4 to 8 marks as well as feat points the first time you accomplish it, and keep rewarding feat points if you decide to run that content again with or without replay badges.
  19. BumblingB I got better.

Speed Feats
    Enrage Timers
    High Health Bosses

They all created our current game design of stacking damage over roles and abusing support. After OC, they decided to say "never again" to that kind of gameplay. So they went the extreme opposite.

I do think Speed Feats and Enrage Timers are not bad, it was the overuse of them that was the problem and the fact that there was nothing that didn't have them that caused players to turn away.

All mechanics are useful if done right and sprinkled can be a very challenging outcome.

We reached the pinnacle of damage during AMs and we all know how that content ended up. And here we are.
    • Like x 2
  20. Helderman Dedicated Player

I dont miss add skipping at all