I love DCUO so my hopes for 2023

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dominic Blue, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I hope to have less DCed (disconnects) but more new DC content. ;)
  2. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

This morning I got dc’d going from the HoL to Khandaq on PS4. I was so disappointed.
    • Like x 1
  3. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

You guys are experiencing that? I thought it was just ps5
    • Like x 2
  4. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Yeah, it’s still happening. It seems to only happen when I’m going from the HoL to someplace else, or I’m someplace else trying to go to the HoL. The HoL is the only thing in common at least with my crashes.
    • Like x 2
  5. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Same actually but on ps5
    • Like x 2
  6. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Yeah instead of saying I'm DCed to my group I'm going to say instead I'm HoLed, lol jk xD
    • Like x 1
  7. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

So true! So true! it happened to me again last night. I finished the God's Eye pyramid and used the teleporter back to the HoL, disconnected. Something is up with that location and I made a note of it on the "Suggestion" section of my crash report.
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes. It's an issue on all PS, but PS5 has the added benefit of 1/2 the time it happens you don't just lose the game, the whole console goes down...rescans disk....then restarts. They were supposedly applying a fix about 2 weeks ago, but it almost seems worse now.

It's so bad that I set up my PS5 last week, but I still use the PS4 for DCUO. I have a few friends who will get frustrated after 1 or 2 crashes in a short time and will just be done for the night. What really sucks is when there is a teleport in a run, like the portal in DM, or any instance where you change zones like 'operation' runs and you crash mid raid in a random group...no way you are getting back in, so 100% waste of time.
    • Like x 2
  9. Robinton Well-Known Player

DC issues? Is that just a console issue? As a PC player I have not had that issue.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Crashes really. The game goes down on PS4...the game AND console goes down on PS5. It's not really disconnecting but everyone calls it that, because yeah...when your game or console crashes....you do get disconnected too.

But that's like saying you had 'hair problems' if you get in a car crash. Sure your car is totaled and you are in traction, but yes...you mussed your hair during that process too I'd guess.:rolleyes:

Not sure if switch and Xbox have the same issue or not.
    • Like x 1
  11. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

I dc'd going into the Holiday Alert....
    • Like x 1
  12. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

This is extremely well put. And so far it is only DCUO that causes the shut down on my sister's PS5, none of the other games she plays affects it. That is why I do not believe it is a DDoS attack.

Thank you for your analogy.
    • Like x 2