I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. inferno Loyal Player

Looking at it now, I'm glad in a way at the direction the game is moving towards. It allowed me to wean myself slowly away from the game. There was a time that I was so invested in the game that I was dreading the idea of losing access to the game when it expires.

Now, i'm at that place where I can look back at this game with fond memories of the time I enjoyed and friends I had made. I've emotionally distanced myself from the game and probably why I can also begin to ignore the effects of the stat clamp in the game.
    • Like x 2
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah...it's funny that I've run with a few of these 'no one follows mechanics' guys and guess what....they don't follow mechanics UNLESS they yield a 1 shot death. RoE's hug Faust, getting under the domes or matching symbols in TT, jumping the ring, not hitting WW's block or running the cogs in CT, staying out of the lava in NU...all of these are mechanics that almost no one follows because they don't 1 shot you (ok...sometimes hitting WW's reflect can) in reg. Yet, when some 'noob' goes into CTE TTE or ROEE or whatever....and does the SAME 'mechanics' as they saw everyone doing in reg....meaning ignoring all that....they'll catch a boot or be berated for doing these things. When they end up in some old piece of content...even clamped...they will ALSO think they can ignore those skulls or on screen instructions.

It's why I always object to the 'this is why our endgame players are bad' argument for the clamp....it's nonsense. Most mechanics...save that TSW beam...can be ignored in endgame to an extent, so how is learning to block some boss mechanic in FOS or a Batcave run doing anything that people can't learn AND ignore in endgame?

I also personally am ok with the clamp's existence...always have been really. I just don't like it forced on me, I don't like how slow or aggravating it can make old...simple...content and I especially hate the hypocrisy of the people who tout it as the solution to all the games problems...when it's not, especially since it's main benefit is just getting everyone paid. I'd have 100% more respect for people if they admitted that's what it really did... put endless loot out there.

I'm less 'anti-clamp' than 'anti-clampERs'.
    • Like x 4
  3. Kryptostar New Player

Superman has been grinding for years, yet we don't see him defeating Zod or Brainiac in less than 10 minutes :)
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No....for someone who is learning mechanics there is not. Someone who is running MOST raids with non 1 shot mechanics will learn they can be ignored most times. Then get yelled at for ignoring the same signs in some other run later. Yes...YOU are deciding to make a tactical choice, but a guy who just arrived doesn't know that. He just knows you don't need to do what it says to do on the screen...and yeah...THAT people learn real quickly apparently.

So please....keep telling people to 'get gud' so they can then ignore the stuff they are supposed to pay attention to. Yeah....that's hypocrisy at work.
    • Like x 2
  5. TheMikeB Active Player

I would be surprised if the clamp survives another 6 months. The new dev team is well aware of how much money was lost with the current clamp.
    • Like x 1
  6. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

We also don't usually see him clamped to do so, either...

Heck... Here Zod is...
    [IMG]
  7. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Yeah, but TBF, the devs nerfed Zod right before that.
    • Like x 2
  8. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Here's ta hopin'...
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ah....the old 'common sense' thing.

Sorry...that doesn't exist here. Welcome to DCUO...or the internet for that matter.

And yes....in an unclamped world they can ALSO end up in the same situation...however in that unclamped world, It doesn't impact anyone else....me at least...maybe you are dependent on them there....I don't know. Either way....we had, have and will have terrible players at end-game.

I have faith in SOME people's ability to learn if I feel like putting the effort in teaching them. But I had that in unclamped content too. But I'm a good teacher I suppose.
    • Like x 3
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ah yes....and the 'truth' of the clampers. You still want to make the game as easy as possible....you just want everyone else to smell your cheese while doing it.

It's amazing... how much 'look at me' can you possibly need bruh? You really think that 3 month noob who lands in FOS1 with you is awestruck by your ability to art swap and jump clip you way to a 1st place finish in 13 year old content?

Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess. Yea you!
    • Like x 2
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Your lord and savior The Clamp notices your sweat, blood, and tears. Your faith is grandfathered in, you can't turn to anyone else now :p
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

But wait...Don't all the cheers and shouts of 'Look how awesome Cyclondic is!' keep you going? I mean they've been shouting that in 3 DLCs of content for years...but now they can do it in 13 years worth of old content too!

Those of us who didn't require 7 other people's validation and admiration find it redundant to carry a run repeatedly....but for you glory boys...I figured it was desired, and honestly preferred. Why else do so many of our 'lete' players say they run omni so much, if it were such a hassle?
  13. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Really tough to do on Xbox cuz I needed more than one console to do it but yeah... It definitely worked amazing wonders (if even just 1 or 2).

What's even more hilarious, is that my "Queue Assistant" account got 350+ SP from just queuing me in and standing there... And apparently that is more than many of these people complaining obtained in supposedly 13 years of "playing".

Come to think of it... That wasn't a walk in the park either.
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes. I would see that as a problem on an Xbox without the PC assist option. However it WAS an option if you could get some filler bodies from LFG to just let you in and leave. Well before I ever had a PC account (or 15), I used to do that to get into duos, alerts or even raids. Most times in a raid, it would only be 4 or 5 fillers, but yeah...I'd guess I was in them solo at times too.

And don't get me started on walking into Batcaves, FOS's or other 'walk in' points. Never an issue getting into any of those.
    • Like x 1
  15. Mr.W Committed Player

To be fair, he’s beside lex who has a kryptonite suit XP
  16. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

We all thought that...

We all thought that...
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You go on drinking and stroking yourself...Keep me out of it.

And leave Glen alone...he's had enough.
    • Like x 1
  18. TheMikeB Active Player

That guy is like MattSuper. If you leave him alone he will go back to struggling in elite content.
    • Like x 2
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Oh yeah, absolutely. "Looking for Queue drop" or "queue and leave" is still extremely popular to this day for sure
    • Like x 1
  20. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

And that's exactly what they wanted, so it worked ;)