I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Let's see....would having a 2X week while people are still building out their wolfpacks, locking all that XP up so it can't be re-used on 2x be more or less taking advantage? I'm sure they have sales numbers, and if wolfpacks are still selling well, I'd guess they will let them keep tying up the XP. 2x will likely happen again, just not 'soon'. Seeing as the next DLC won't be for 2 or 3 months likely, I'd say a pre-DLC one would be as good as we can hope for.

But hey...this is one I'd be fine with being wrong on. If for no other reason than to tie my XP up into some arti I don't plan on using and clear my inventory. I've already got enough of them at 200 on toons I run. I don't really need it, but inventory space IS a concern.
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

100% on the no-no list unless I'm queued up with 2 or 3 others I know.
    • Like x 2
  3. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Committed Player

I tried that raid a couple times after clamp and will not run it unless I have league or friends with me.
    • Like x 5
  4. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

SOMEBODY PAY ATTENTION TO THIS.

This is several people saying that content is being avoided and refused to be played.

That is the exact opposite of what the goal of the clamp was.
    • Like x 2
  5. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

One old raid is particularly difficult and generally more trouble than it's worth.

There's only one logical solution.

We have to kill god.
  6. the solowing Unwavering Player

As a FF14 player, you deal with clamped content all the time. So your issues with it here fall flat given you have no issues with it there. So its ok when 1 game has the same system in place, but not the other? thats hypocritical. Luv you to death, Tiffy. But i gonna call you out on it.

Youre upset about DCUO retroactively adding a clamp in thats all. Nothing more, nothing less

Funny thing is youre willing to engage with clamped content there, where i am less likely due class abilities being stripped from you every time you queue up for Early End Game content there.
  7. the solowing Unwavering Player

Am i? Im just repeating the same arguements i always have to vouch for the system. The queues pop alot faster, i get to experience the content again, and the overall patience of the community deff took a turn for the better. I dont see mass leavers on wipe 1 anymore.

Before the game was more enjoyable sitting around in it then playing in it because. What fun is playing the game, when i can ignore all the mechanics and the bosses damage is insignificant? They arnt worth my attention if i can, start a boss encounter, and go to the store for 15 minutes come back and the boss havent chipped more then 10% HP off my character?

Where am i having fun in something so trivial, that i dont need to engage with it?
  8. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Yeah... I'm not going to call you a liar or anything.... but...

I will say that your experience and assessment might not be the experience and assessment of others....

Can I ask if you still have the receipt for those rose-tinted glasses?

Edit: We're not on page 301 (CONGRATS, EVERYBODY!!) because everybody thinks the game is now better,,,,
    • Like x 1
  9. the solowing Unwavering Player

If my stats have increased in clamped content via the gear, and augmentations ive accumulated. Wouldn't that mean i am in-fact getting stronger in clamped content?

Isnt that flying in the face of what some are claiming doesnt happen?
  10. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

As for your edit:
    That I just call call BS on.... Sure, I don't doubt that's your honest opinion... but... Yeah. BS.

That's how everybody measures their video game fun... having to do the same mechanics over and over.... and over... and over,,,,

Your idea of fun... isn't everyone's.

AND.... an option wouldn't change your experience if you so chose.
    • Like x 2
  11. the solowing Unwavering Player

So if my stats are increasing in clamped content and im seeing im doing twice the output i was doing at the start of the clamp. Thats not getting stronger..

Thats an opinion???o_O
  12. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

If so...

Not really sure I would equate 10 steps forward and 9 steps back as areal "increase" that make a game worth playing......

If I can go "I remember when I has these stats 8 years ago...." then I'm not so sure that I can call it being "increased".

Especially knowing that "augments 'i've accumulated'" really means "augments 'I've paid to increeasd'"...
    • Like x 1
  13. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

You like to say that you don't change your argument... but:

Has nothing to do with defending a supposed "stats increase in clamped content"...
    It sounds like, to me, you're repeating someone else's arguments.
    And.... "twice as much damage as from the start of the clamp"??
    What?,,,, Now we're gonna have people starting to claim that we need to clamp the clamp.
    • Like x 1
  14. the solowing Unwavering Player

Youre projecting, i argued for the clamp since 2014 until this day because because it was apparent the stats were exceeding what the content was designed to handle pretty early on by T5.

Care to claim whos argument im repeating? Or you dont have enough confidence to make another baseless claim?

"I never actually said that"
  15. the solowing Unwavering Player

So, how much did i pay? Because i dont remember spending money buying augments...

Id rather spend money on emotes.
  16. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Earlier... You asked who's experience/opinion I trust...

When you say that you've never spent money on the thing that is specifically created to make money... and everybody else is spending money on.... like lots (to the point that people are willing to spend $100 bucks not to do it on other characters)

So, no.... I don't trust your experience/opinion...
    You are obviously so biased that you are completely unaware, don't remember, or unwilling to admit that you spend money on augments... like every other person does.
    • Like x 1
  17. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Lol.

2014: "Guys... Guys! Can weaken out characters some?... I feel we're too powerful in this superhero game!"

Edit: And wait....
    You've been playing since before 2014 (10 years or more)???...
    ...and you have stated in the past that you have some ridiculously low SP
    (when you've argued against earning your SP while unclamped).

Just saying that making a claim.... and answering a reply to it with a completely different claim that wasn't touched in the original claim...
    Just sounds like a politician answering a question about a previous response... after being coached by his PR team
    • Like x 1
  18. the solowing Unwavering Player

Welp thats fine, but dont complain about your game being aggressively monetized if only people who partake in that system is the only opinion you care to hear.

I dont need to replay content.
    i dont need to be geared on week 1 of DLC release
    I dont need maxxed out artifacts
    I dont need all maxxed out allies

I will gain all of that just by playing the game over a long period of time.
  19. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

No.... I'm just saying that they're more honest about it.
  20. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Then...
    YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T REPRESENT THE MAJORITY OF ALL THE OTHER OF THE PLAYERS OF THIS GAME.

STOP SPEAKING ON THEIR BEHALF....
    • Like x 2