I love DCUO so, can you remove "inspect" already

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GermanM, Sep 21, 2022.

1. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Also show their title with their name, small detail. And the names of the styles and - if possible - materials/chromas they're wearing. Could get a bit crowded, though, so maybe it would be nice if you could toggle certain types of information kinda like how on your own inventory page you can go from inventory to stats to currency to augments to artifact and augment levelling to base items. So like tabs, I guess?
    • Like x 1
  2. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Perhaps if it were a toggle option in the settings "allow inspection" on/off, character inspection would be acceptable to more players.

However, I know this is a double edged sword; on the one side players could control what they want/don't want other players to see. On the other side, players that cannot be inspected will more than likely not be invited to groups or worse yet, kicked from a team "because" the character cannot be inspected.
    • Like x 2
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Probably needs personal information and credit card information as well to be fair :p lol

Possibly even what they ate last anything that might help
    • Like x 2
  4. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Correct. Gotta know how many bathroom breaks a mf about to take during the raid XD
    • Like x 2
  5. ForumSuperhero Level 30

Was this post made by a scammer? I mean, why worry who has your psn unless you are up to no good.
  6. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Sorry... I love inspecting. Beats running a few meters behind someone and zooming the camera way in. So not incognito...
    • Like x 1
  7. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

I alway inspect the rolls before u start cause I want to know what kind of player I have on my hands. Are they wearing gear 4 their role or is they a tank in dps gear running source wall which I had happen today btw took us 90 minutes with them and I had to finish tanking 4 him. Do they have their metagene set up or is it rainbow. This tells me they are new and have no clue how to setup their character. Then there is artifacts if I see pippers flut,circe mask and a starter art from John tells me they haven't even researched artifacts. Most don't have a real loadout to do their job like the earth tank I mentioned at the beginning of this. He was using striking stones heat vision and jackhammer with brick and had mostly dps gear. Fact is now cause of clamp we can't steam roll content so now pugging is a mess. I did source wall 12 times today and most groups had one player setup like that and they held the group back. But if you try to tell them what they are doing wrong they tell you to shut up or say what game are you playing. so yes I will kick but I will let them fail first more then once
  8. GermanM Committed Player

Im no scammer, and im from PC, no play in PS. I just thing this could help to reduce the toxicity that sometimes ruins the experience for new players.
  9. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I've healed raids with full elite DPS gear, precision mods, with Clarion. With all the OP pieces my resto is over 80k. Yeah my full healer gear is over 100k resto, but that is honestly overkill unless you are running elite. Plus I have the healer C and D affinity mods to that helps. In general what you said is true, but there are exceptions.
  10. |The 3rror Committed Player

inspect option is fine because im not about to go into content someone have mixed gear and not able to do that role and they say they not the problem or you ask for eog heal and they come in the raid/alert with a 80/120 eog and be sitting there wondering why you not getting greens and why the circle disappearing so quickly
    • Like x 1
  11. Taerah Active Player

What? Get out of here. If you suck you deserve to be kicked for not fullfilling your role.
    I had this dude come into SM with 0 artifacts, literally 0.
    He didn’t even make an effort, you think I’m gonna be stuck with players like this without knowing it because I can’t inspect them. Inspecting other players is a necessary feature in MMO’s.
    • Like x 1
  12. LipstickHeroine Active Player

I really find the inspect option helpful. I've learned a lot just from inspecting other people who play the same role(s) I might be playing. I wouldn't want to see it removed personally.
    • Like x 1