I like the Time-Torn Material but...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Craven Green, Jun 27, 2017.

1. FoolsFire Devoted Player

^^^ Don't forget Coco Chanel. She had some input as well.

If you want to see an accurate description of WWII check out "The Untold History of the U.S." on Netflix.
    • Like x 1
  2. Devlyka Level 30

it's alright I didn't agree with all of it. I'd check out Generation War also on netflix it's pretty amazing and from the point of view from the common German soldier. He's a picture of me and a friend at the end an Eastern event we did walking back to ours cars. I'm wearing one of those reversible camo smocks. It really was very ahead of its time.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. Craven Green Loyal Player

:p
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

They didn't wear camo back then. Wearing camo didn't start until Vietnam, and not until almost the end. Look at what our boys had to wear when we first went into that war. Everyone wore the same horrible light green outfits. We had to get our butts kicked by a third world control before we started think camo may be a good idea.

I like the idea though. I love the blue and red camo colors.
  5. Craven Green Loyal Player

Apparently you didn't read most of the comments in this thread. Thank you for liking the idea though.
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

This was rare though. Most troops did not wear camo though.

You are correct though. The navy was the first branch to have troops in camo. It was the S3ALS around the start of Vietnam. The cost was so high, it was primarily special forces.
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I did. A person driving a tank is not camoflauged, lol. That was just their uniform.
  8. Devlyka Level 30

man people don't know **** about ww2. Camo was NOT rare and America didn't even enter the was until december 7th 1941 so basing what they wore as a reference to what was worn in WORLD war 2 is just dumb.
    • Like x 1
  9. Devlyka Level 30

[IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG]

Three different branches all wearing three different types of Camo uniforms. I can reference thousands of pictures of soldat in camouflage. " It was rare though" what's you're definition of rare?
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It is 'rare' because 'Murican's didn't have them
    • Like x 1
  11. Devlyka Level 30

I can stop posting tons of American soldiers in camo from ww2 also.. Here one from both theaters of ww2 US soldiers wearing camo.

[IMG]

[IMG]

One of the main reasons the US didn't wear camo was because so many Germans soldiers did and friendly fire became a big deal. You can tell in the pictures in comparison it's rather similar.
    • Like x 1
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

At least during WWII, nations had different helmets, and usually a different colour uniform (when not wearing camo), now? The only way to tell what nation they are is by the teeny-tiny flag on their shoulder! :eek:
    • Like x 1
  13. Devlyka Level 30

wow, their tanks were camoflagued too.. You're acting like they weren't camoflagued..it was just their uniform? You're just an ignorant argument *******. I've learned not to take anyone with OG or OP in their name very serious in this community. I'm not gonna get into this subject anymore I've done the schooling and research. You apparently have not.
    • Like x 1
  14. Craven Green Loyal Player

All right the school bell has rung and Devlyka has both the education and pictures to back up that there was camo in WWII.

Now lets get back to wanting camo as a material.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, nice. I only have the OG in my name because my original forum account was hacked.
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Nice couch :)
    • Like x 2
  17. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

i meant camo in the most general way...anything hidden for military purposes...as you can see in the pictures...some taken from previous eras...naval vessels were hidden...and it was a major concern to navies how to hide large military vessels and fleets from enemies even as they moved...sometimes in clear waters on bright sunny days...through the same waterways and channels as their enemies fleets