I knew Mental was strong but DAYUM!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mazahs, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Mazahs Loyal Player

Ok, so I know this is somewhat beating a dead horse but I have to share my experience in using Mental DPS for first time since back in T4 days. This may go a bit long so if you want, skip to TL/DR section

For those that actually know me, know I'm a very good HL player...Now I'm not Brice Allen or Not Again (with his 16 fingers good) but in general in most league runs and definitely pug runs unless you are "Big-Gunnin" most trash mobs I will either keep up with you or beat just about anyone out there using my Light DPS.

Buuuut every once in a while you'll run into one of those monster DPS that make you go whaaaa? So decided since Revamp was a ways out (still have 1 more lantern deputization decree) and like 3k in loyalty points I wanted to see what I could do with Mental.

I did the power swap / respec'd asked a couple people I knew what a good rotation was and off I went! First run was JFA with people I've known for years...I couldn't keep my resonance up and kept messing up trying to use invisibility and came in dead last:( ....Back to drawing board & asked more questions

Run #2 was better (somewhat) I learned a few things and came in 2nd place but got smoked by a pretty good Ice player. I want to point out I was in dead last most of the time...but towards the end I WAS WAYYYY BEHIND
    I started to get the hang of it, I cruised past the other 2 DPS and finished up just a bit short. :mad:

Run # 3 I said to heck with invisibility let me just do the WM Grandeur > MT rotation. OMG!!! adds absolutely melted. Without even using Invisibility I only lost by like 100k in the alert to a CR 200 Earth player who was flipslashing away. I actually had to change weapons to use the WM I wanted and effectively dropped my CR to 197.:eek:

Last but not least, I practiced a bit while talking to a very good Mental DPS I know. Learned how to use Invisibility + WM + 3MT and went in one last time. This time CR 200 Earth / 199 Ice / ME & healer set-up.
    Running dual armory and doing WM Grandeur MT in hallways / Invisibility WM MT. I absolutely destroyed the other 2 players. It wasn't even close...In the Hallways when I cracked a WM GR+MT things just melted
    and against the Bosses I'd armory over before entering and easily pull away. o_O

For all of you players that say "It's not OP" Yeah....You are just kidding yourself! For the devs who've known
    this power is bugged and still haven't done anything SHAME ON YOU. Especially as you've let Nature / Electricity twist in the wind like hot garbage.

TL/DR
    I knew it was bad, but DAYUM!!!! I had no idea it was THAT bad
    This is coming from a guy whose been Legendary since right after the HACK
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

It was a lot worse before repair not and renown box nerf.
    People forget with jyst the 2 burst loadout mental and gadgets are over-parsing. Add an glitch and 3rd burst, it's really strong.
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

I play mental but i dont do any of that cheese. Cause in my mind thats exactly what it is, cheese. And if ya gotta do that stuff in easy content well....
    • Like x 9
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Meh, stats matter is around the corner. Like biggun, enjoy it while you can I guess?
    • Like x 3
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Shame on you for swapping to an Op power, #celestial4lyfe!

Kidding, but like B said this will all be over soon.
    • Like x 1
  6. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Stats revamp been around the corner for the last 9 months
    • Like x 5
  7. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

This stuff is gonna get people even more angrier than when the developers removed consumable clipping when it gets fixed.
    • Like x 1
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

All exploits being found in the revamp are being quietly reported too, not gonna say by who or what they are, but just know when this goes live, all that crap will be gone :cool:
    • Like x 7
  9. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

They sold a lot of respec power tokens so that's all that matters I guess...

And they will sell a lot more when Mental and Munitions get normalized... LoL

I bet 50% of all characters over 198 CR. are either Mental or Munitions.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mazahs Loyal Player

3? If you do it right you can get 4... I knew it over parsed, but since I didn't play the power I really had no idea it how much.
    I don't disagree that it's total cheese. Also realize that the power itself, when at midrange and not CHEESING (to use your term) is just slightly below Light doing full melee all the time. So you can choose to stay safe and be cheesy at midrange or you can go balls-out and be super cheesy.

Revamp still got a way to go...If I was to bet $$$ I'd stick with my initial thoughts back in the spring and say Sept. Weapons are a total mess right now. Which will play into every power using Hybrid type- so even that may be a slight under estimation IMO.
    I just really wanted to see for myself- Like I said, every once in a while you'll run into that MONSTER dps. Even then I was completely surprised at the damage potential.

Won't stay Mental as Light and Electric have been my favorites for years.
  11. spack2k Steadfast Player

thats why there shouldnt be given free respec tokens with stats revamp , ppl should pay twice the price for enjoying cheese:)
    • Like x 4
  12. Mazahs Loyal Player

And I give kudos to you Fatal. To date, you are the only Celestial who has beaten me on my Light toon.
    And yes- I was quietly PO'd that you did it!
    • Like x 1
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

Oh i know its over parsing. I meant the other stuff thats going on obviously.
  14. BumblingB I got better.

I don't think it does have a long way to go. I bet it will launch late July early August so it is ready for the September release. I don't think the devs thought it was going to take this long to get it where it is now. 8.5 iterations in and it's just NOW getting players on board. That's a lot of them backing off on changes and conceding that players aren't liking too much change.
    • Like x 3
  15. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

LOL, You should have tried mental sooner. I have had a mental toon since 2011. I really don't use the cheese like others do. I use my Invis for my SC's and rarely use invis/MT ( never WM granduer/invis/MT ).

I love the how invisibility & stealth gives another loadout. That's the reason why I have always played mental & gadgets not for the damage.
  16. Mazahs Loyal Player

Surprisingly no
    1,181 Mental / 1,031 Munitions
    Total 10,273 total 198+ toons
    So 21.5%

Ice 17.5% / Sorcery 14.8% are the TOP 2
    Rage 2.3 % / Electricity 1.8% are the bottom feeders

I was surprised to see Nature and Light almost neck and neck in the 4% range
  17. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I Don't think it's coming before September, because the devs will have to redo current content
  19. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Fixed that for you.
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Was a fun run, when I start playing again another forum run needs to be organized ;)
    • Like x 1