I have been banned

Discussion in 'PC Account Support' started by Talve, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I did not accuse you of doing so and I am sorry if you misunderstood it that way :(. There are some really good people in your league and I never witnessed any cheating of those people. I think only an experienced GM can tell the difference between very good clipping and scripts through inspecting logs. This demonstrates how much these cases depend on the mercy of GMs.

I love the challenge Smokebreak and the other known leagues provide whenever I run into them in Arenas.

I support your pledge for better investigations before anyone gets banned (especially permaban!), because it hurts the players that don't cheat the most and this is the first time I heard of an instant permaban because of cheating.
    I know a specific guy on villainside who speedhacked openly (you probably know who I am talking about), always got banned and reappeared after several days until he must have gotten the message (which doesn't prevent that quite a few fellow villains to refuse to play with a known former cheater...:p). I also posted my friend's story before and thus I think it is strange that you got instant permabanned.

It would be a huge loss if they permaban too many people...
  2. Talve Dedicated Player

Most of the stuff i mentioned should not end up with be being banned, unless there was an actual gm checking it out.
    I guess i must be dreaming...oh wait, no...somehow i'm still banned.

That's why i named every single possible idea my and people i have talked with past couple of days, no matter how ridiculous it sounded, just trying to make sense of the situation.

I have never worked as a gm nor a developer, nor do i have any ideas what actual logs do they have access too through their godmode, while checking someone out.

Autohotkey was mentioned, because i have never researched how "send" command works compared to physically holding down the key (it there are no parameters involved).
    So that is why it was mentioned.

And all we have right now are ridiculous theories...but we are lacking of them, because number of ridiculous GM situations i keep hearing from a lot of people since the incident clearly tops us.

This is not my 1st experience with a ridiculous permaban.
    This is only what handful of people have heard. "The story how i got into smokebreak the 1st place".
    It was still back at the golden pre pro7 era.
    As i was proud member of "Killer Bunnies" and i had no intention to ever leave the league. However, i knew couple of guys from smokebreak, mainly via dueling and legends PvP.
    And then...one lovely day, my best friend from the league got instant permaban...for cursing...in a pug raid group...on a healer...for not doing hes job...
    And at the same day, about 3-4 hours afterwards Killshot asked me to join.
    I had a long conversation with my old league's leader and she let me go. By the next day i was part of the smokebreak...by next week "Killer Bunnies" was completely dead ( i think 1 guy was still actively playing).
    So no, this is not my 1st incident with ridiculous permaban.
    But i guess its a nice joke....joined via permaban...left via permaban. -.-
    • Like x 1
  3. Dark Wáne Active Player

i wish u luck talv hope they can fix it soon .
    • Like x 2
  4. BadHansel New Player

Maybe. hopefully you are right. But I know many top-leagues on HEROSIDE that abuses the glitches in moon-arena and other glitches and I HOPE that smokebreak don't do this. Sure we are villains, but we have our honor, or not?
  5. Talve Dedicated Player

Now lets do not start pointing any fingers.
    I could as easily name leagues who i have seen using glitches from the villain side.
    Only reason it is easier to name multiple hero leagues, is because they outnumber villain side in pure numbers.
    But there is no reason to point to point fingers and name names.

That is what reporting is for. As slow and unresponsive as pro7 support is and as little chance there is that GM tracks people at the right moments, reporting is still better than doing nothing.

Edit: under pointing fingers i mainly thought about taking sides between villains and heroes.
    Only reason i added name part was to preemptively avoid it. Was in no way an accuse.
    • Like x 1
  6. BadHansel New Player

In fact I didn't name no one, even if it is a big shame for them and ruins the whole game (beginners don't understand the mechanics).

Btw: are there any other PVP-based-leagues on EUPC villainside than smokebreak?
  7. 1X CH3L New Player

None that would have any reputation on heroe side ^^
    thats why we all fight for Talve to come back
  8. Talve Dedicated Player

Smokebreak is not a PvP based league.
    Only actual "PvP" based league that does come to my mind from villain side is currently animate eSports.
    Only actual "PvP" based league from previous times i can remember was Carebears.

Yay...we got a response -.-.

Greetings,

You already have a ticket about this same case which will be answered, please do not send multiple tickets about the same case in the future for it increases our response time considerably and thus affects the answering time of your ticket as well. I'll close this ticket in order to avoid confusion or mishandling of your ticket.
    If you wish to add information to your old ticket, please update it and do not create new ones.

Sincerely,
    Stanislav Y.
    Support Team

So great... they link me back to my "old ticket" which i can't access, because my account is permabanned...And what i already have mentioned to them multiple times...

Well...at least we got some kind an answer. -.-
    • Like x 2
  9. BadHansel New Player

Sure smokebreak do much more pvp than pve. Am I wrong here?
    It seemed so for me, at least in the past.

animate eSports are three member and not very active.
    Carebears unfortunately are dead. So there is only smokebreak for me on villainside.
  10. Happy Cat Well-Known Player

This is kinda funny all the "this league that league" drama, the fact is that every league has had someone in it who was banned for cheating. I remember all the drama when one of my guys got banned for cheating and Jens acted like someone kicked his dog, everyone was all pumped up with outrage....and then we found out most of the people who were pretending to be outraged were doing it to. The guys who taught my guy about the cheat were and are some pretty respected people from "another server" . So all you twits saying "oh that league ...everyone hates that league for cheating" psssssh don't even try that because all the people talking trash know how deep the list of cheaters goes.

Talve, sorry it sucks to hear that you lost all your work to some BS, but if you are a skilled player you wont have to worry about being successful at another game. Go find a company that appreciates it's subscribers.
  11. Talve Dedicated Player

No, that is a common misconception.
    Smokebreak has always been PvE first league.
    But being good in both, PvP and PvE are requirements to join.

League got overly active in PvP after i joined.
    Recent months it has become a little less active, again.
    Now with me gone i guess we will see what happens.

Number of people from smokebreak still enjoy doing PvP. So i guess you guys will see some kind a setup out there, maybe.

Now myself, i'm full on PvPer.
    I was forced into doing PvE, and every now and then still am.
    Aka i'm willing to help out (and usually have to) but i in most cases try to avoid it (sleeping in on raid days is best way to do it xD).

So nowadays in general its safest to say that smokebreak is PvE league with some PvP reputation and players who like occasional PvP.

I am actively playing Guild Wars 2.
    But there are still some things holding me back.

1. I would like to have an account, if i ever want to come back.
    2. I enjoy hanging around with set of people we have in smokebreak (as well some of you outsiders, you know when i'm talking about you).
    3. Smokebreak was just planning to do something special event wise on EU servers. Me being thrown out only hinders it.
    4. I still enjoy mechanics.
    5. I have sinked a lot of money here, so i would like to have account at least on standby.
    and most importantly
    I WANT TO KNOW WHY.
    Not only because i have no idea myself, but because i don't want every other league member to be banned, if it actually was something with an actual reason.
  12. Happy Cat Well-Known Player

Dude go check out Defiance, it's pretty good. I spent the weekend playing Neverwinter then I felt guilty because I didn't test out Defiance. So I managed to give into my guilt and play Defiance like 2 hours Sunday night until the servers shut down, I ended up regretting not playing it because it was really really good. I pre-ordered it at like 2 am Monday morning and was lucky to get the red Dodge Challenger vehicle bonus.
  13. Talve Dedicated Player

Thank you for the suggestion.
    I am however not into FPSMMO's.
    I did not like Planetside 2 and i probably would not enjoy that.
    Only shooters i have ever massively enjoyed were original Quake, UT 99, UT 2004 and surprisingly Vietcong (a old military style shooter...so completely different from first 3).

Update on the situation
    Supposedly i have to keep in contact via the "e-mail ticket" now, my new ticket was closed and supposedly hes colleague is going to answer to me.
    So far this e-mail has sat there for 4 days, so i guess what ever does not kill me makes me stronger, right?

Btw. I would just love to *** this to the thread. xD
    I got banned right before my birthday.
    Now that is a birthday gift that everyone wishes for while blowing out their candles...or am i the only one?
  14. Ogat New Player

I've played with members of smokebreak quite a few times, and I've got to say that while some of thm tend to be a tad to serious about the game, they're nice and helpfull people certanly not hackers. This issue to me no doubt will come down to someone simply beeing jealous. On a related note pro7 never ceases to amaze me, lazy support, allowing a DDoS, random bans, lazy delayed information.
    • Like x 1
  15. Aiden Warren New Player

It's no surprise, I been Gaming in Left 4 Dead since 09 and play with the same friends on daily basis, scrimming, tourneys, for 2 years, and quite a few of people in the few leagues/teams/clans admitted to aimbot/mathacks

so to me, we dont know who really uses cheats, no matter how long we in the clan or how long we know the person or friends. some people just wont tell and just can keep it on the low.
  16. Talve Dedicated Player

That one for sure.

Like i already said myself in the 1st post. I have done scripting before myself as well as used hacking tools written by others...
    I do not even try to deny it nor hide it.
    It was long time ago. I was 13, interested in coding and trying out new things.
    But even then i never used scripts in actual game play for advantage, i used them just to try them out / get them working and understand them.

And even withing the people i have respected i have had similar situations.

Most of them were from Shadowbane (which went down 2009).
    Game was know for its unlimited amount of builds (literally millions of effective combinations) and no easy way of inspecting or learning opponent's the build completely.

So you never knew for sure what PvP teams were running. You slowly adopted.
    And there were a lot of leagues who we had A LOT of trouble with, a lot of respected leagues through the whole game.
    Everyone though they were just running superior builds, as like i said each league mainly theory crafted within their own league while there were some cookie cutter builds available openly on the forums by some of the more open people.

But after the official servers went down, it was amazing, how many of the top leagues openly released their builds (which in most case were average cookie-cutters) and openly admitted to have been cheating, using macros, automated healers, damage immunity and so on.

And i also know how this thread here can be seen.
    I'm either a guy who actually is innocent or just someone with a big mouth trying chew himself out of a bear trap.

But in general, in all honesty.
    If i don't get unbanned, it will not be the end of the world.
    All i am looking for and what i have been looking for from the start of the thread is simple "why".
    "Of course so as evul mastermind i could plan my next hacks better you know."
    But all kidding aside, even giving out a simple "exact rule i broke" instead of linking the whole Code of Conduct would be a step-up from where i am now.

In past 13+ years of MMORPG experience i have seen a lot of crazy (GM's banning opponents of their friendly leagues in clan wars, random bans in games, surprising information about people who you never thought would hack, good friends hacking each other accounts to name a few).

So my situation would not really rank on top even on my own list, but its not far from it.
    • Like x 2
  17. Aiden Warren New Player

and gemi (QueenOfWar) was really upset her friend got banned, she been playing with him since launch and been league mates since then, so now since his ban, just opened up a wake up call for "you never know who did use cheats" but I'm not going to say or really comment on her and his situation, but that's a tough situation among friendship and trust. But here is my benefit of the doubt, real friendship and trust would be ok with admitting it to a good long time friend, but as far as SOE we can't say their detection system is really that good, devs just needs to play their own game and maybe they will believe these false bans from their detections having errors, I just dont get why be so stubborn to their customers. we avg players play the game, we avg players have more experience about this than the devs, there's a difference between coding and making your game then actually playing it and learning from the difference experiences then just coding and relying on the computer to do the work.

So here's my wake up call millions of bugs right? so bugs and errors when it comes to detections having errors and bugs as well. why be so stubborn to us. If the GM's or other Staff does watch us and monitors us and see if we do use hacks, just give us the proof then, and we will pretty much shut up.

I am Sorry Gemi, but the devs just needs to play their own game.
    • Like x 2
  18. Saami Loyal Player

Not sure if this helps, but have you bought anything from market place lately?
    I just noticed that my station cash in-game and in prosieben website are different.
    I know that people got banned from unitented credit card chargeback in other MMOs and tihs is basically same. Their mistake of course.
  19. Talve Dedicated Player

Nope.
    Last thing i bought that token, to get escrow to buy lair address (as i have been back to premium now for a while).
    And that was a while ago.

Also would not really count as hacking i would thing.
  20. Talve Dedicated Player

Ok, this is just getting more and more amazing.

Apparently a friend of mine raided Pro7 buildings today.
    From now on hail mister Weapon7...or from now on known as "Crazy German Guy".
    [IMG]
    He actually caught pro7's community manager and had a conversation about the situation.
    So now we are picking up conversation with him as well...
    seems that my odds to finally found out what the heck is going on just improved a tiny bit.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.