I guess this is the equivalent of review bombing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by tukuan, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

Sorry but I have to disagree. On a personal basis. Anything my cousin is in bites the proverbial bullet to me. :p
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
  3. tukuan Devoted Player

Yah I did forget that and I'm quite fond of the shield so you may be on to something.

That said, I will note that powers didn't help either War of the Light or Lightning Strikes. Battle for Earth had it easy so we'll have to see if a power is enough to pull it through.
  4. tukuan Devoted Player

I'm quite familiar with the content (FYI you can click see someone's profile to see how long they've been on the forum), and I specifically stated that people who've been around for a while might vote for Last Laugh because they remember what it was like when it came out.

My opinion, and it's just that, still stands which is that I have a hard time believing that a large portion of those votes had anything to do with Last Laugh given the state of PVP for the last 3-4 years.
    • Like x 2
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Shiny!
    • Like x 2
  6. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I'd rather watch either of the Schumacher films than any of the Nolan ones.

for the record, my favourite's Batman Returns.
    • Like x 1
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I can deal with the camp in Batman Forever for the most part, probably because of Jim Carrey's performance as Riddler. He kind of sets that tone throughout the film and it works. The suit-up sequence (it just pulls me out of the moment and makes me say, "What was the point of that?!" when they go to the hiney shot) and maybe it taking most of the movie before we really see a good example of the dual identity aspect of Two-Face are really my only gripes about that film.

Batman and Robin, though? Nope, too far. I didn't need a rehash of the Burton films or anything like that, but someone really should have taken Schumacher aside and said, "Dial back the camp a bit."

Mind you, this is coming from someone with an appreciation for bad/schlocky/campy films with more than a few questionable titles in my own movie collection. I have Krull on DVD, for crying out loud. LOL
    • Like x 1
  8. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

see for me i always saw Carreys performance as him paying homage to Frank Gorshins Riddler idk might just be me there but i felt it worked for the movie as well.
    • Like x 1
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Did you read the replies to the poll? "I don't PvP but I voted LL because legion is terrible." Pretty much sums up your statement.

This bracket system they had really doesn't do justice to how the content was released. The first up to AF1 had a bonus item with it, like a power, weapon or something. Monthly content was just two pieces of content. AF3 introduced back to open world. Etc.

The way they present the match ups is favoring larger content and not showing what they were. Players see it as a poll for the next model of dlc. I think there is truth to that. Then add in the players that hope for fixes to PvP. Hence the landslide.

I think we will see a lot closer matches as we get closer to the finals. OC, BFE, AF3, etc all have strong contender elements.
    • Like x 1
  10. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Idk man i think you have to keep in mind that hand of fate was the first time we got a open world raid, the barriers were pushed there i really liked it, I remember the bugs at first but eh 2-3 weeks in that dlc was great! Idk if you can blame that dlc for the RNG if that system was in place long after, really i think it was rather recent they gave us choose your loot option.. i think, but time flys.. heck i still have terribleee drop rates i farmed the green lantern backup for 6 hours!!! Finally got it but it turns my stomach when i see people talking about they have so many their giving them away..
  11. SekretVillain Loyal Player

idc what anyone here says legion and wonderverse were dcuo' 2 worse DLC ever, and regardless what DLC that was paird against them in these polls I would of voted against legion and wonderverse because of it.
  12. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Partially true but I have a slight feeling that most who voted last laugh are ppl such as myself who hated legion and wonderverse DLC' bounty spam fest.
    • Like x 1
  13. tukuan Devoted Player

After Mepps confirmed that they drop evenly in all content I've been running the T2-T4 solos ad-bloody-nauseum and I still haven't had one drop. I'm well over 50 runs over multiple toons and that's not counting the seasonal runs as well as Legion/WV runs that were just day to day.

I may just break down and hit the broker. My rage toon will get one for sure but I'm not sure about my light toon as I already use the dark-constructs for him.
  14. biepnbop New Player

This is what i thought was one of the main drives for people voting LL as well, people who like PvP have pretty much for the most part been ignored for the past couple years (Belle Reve aside), so this must be a good time for them to make some noise. Coming from someone who dislikes PvP or more like disliked ''needing'' to do PvP in the past to get the skill points i wanted to use in PvE and never came back to PvP since, so not like i'm in love with LL myself.

No doubt there are also people disliking Legion who are voting for LL, but is that such a bad thing. This poll is based on emotions, not which episode had the best characters, textures, balance, etc., it's based on what each individual personally found to be the most fun episode (or not fun). So let's go along with OP and say half of the votes that voted LL are doing it because they dislike Legion and never even played LL, that still says a lot about what people think of Legion, if they're willing to go out of their way to vote against it, so still valid reasons for voting LL even if they've never played it.

I don't get the big hubbub, the entire poll has a sort of randomness to it, you can't know for sure what people's reasons are for voting. Your episode doesn't win or you don't agree with something, well, c'est la vie.
    • Like x 1
  15. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

Could be a generational thing. Younger folks watch certain DC flicks and sees camp... with softer and kinder eyes, more tolerant. But folks old enough to remember this being marketed and paid real money to theaters, it wasn't well received.

Batman Forever (1995) was OK, Batman and Robin (1997) was way worse. It put the franchise on theatrical pause for almost a decade until Nolan (2005) was able to revive it.
  16. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I feel like a lot of votes were based on hatred of the boss spamming. Toward the beginning of anniversary voting it became clear to me that people aren’t going to weigh content, rewards, base items, styles equally and judge which had better content. They are going with which one they have the least complaints about. That’s why I stopped voting at all, what’s the point when people aren’t stopping to consider the everything about the episode.
  17. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Completely agree. The only 90s bat film I didn’t like was Batman Returns.
    Been a die hard Batman fan all my life and I must say. I don’t think I’ve ever disliked a Batman movie because of crazy-fan stuff.
    Also, Batman & Robin had some great one-liners. How can people not like a movie with “What killed the dinosaurs? The Ice Age!” or “I hate it when people talk during the movie.”
    of course if there is anything my program loves it’s one-liners. So that might be effecting my judgement.
    • Like x 1
  18. PolarisSylar Committed Player

The 90s the Batman returns , was also one my favorite Batman movie
  19. nawanda Loyal Player

Seriously?
    • Like x 2
  20. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Just realized something. Don’t let my last comment, saying I like the movies, make you think any of those actors were my favorite Batman. My favorite Batman is and forever will be Kevin Conroy.