I got a serious question that needs answering

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SHUSHHH, Mar 25, 2015.

1. SHUSHHH Well-Known Player

Would it be possible to have the servers offline for people to play by themselves while the game gets maintenance??

cuz sometimes when some of us are off from work and they hit us with a maintenance we lost our day of enjoying a game we paid for to play.
    • Like x 1
  2. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

3. Here2Help Devoted Player

It just wouldn't work, sorry.
  4. Malachyte Devoted Player

No, all the content is on the servers. Your console/PC is just a client device that accesses that content off of the server.
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

That's not entirely true.

Models, textures, sounds etc. are all located on your console/PC.
  6. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

What is happening in your sig :eek:
  7. L T Devoted Player

But it WOULD be possible for them to run the game inside a virtual machine on the server-side. This would allow for updates with zero down time. Banks do this.
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I made the vending machine and photoshopped it onto a screenshot of my character staring at the wall :p

I could write endless paragraphs about why I'd like to see Player Studio come to DCUO, but I doubt everyone would read it. A picture speaks a thousand words in every language so it's my way of raising awareness of Player Studio to hopefully get more people requesting it which may hopefully lead to the developers taking it seriously and getting it implemented.

More signatures are in the works.
    • Like x 3
  9. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

Perhaps the toon in his signature is contemplating soft drink choices? Or perhaps hesitating to get near a vending machine because of last year's death count due to fallen vending machines?
  10. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

Did you make a thread somewhere so that I may see the details of this "Player Studio"?
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Not yet. When I've made more stuff, I'm gonna do one. You can read up about Player Studio on other games at: https://player-studio.soe.com/
  12. Malachyte Devoted Player

Correct Sir, but all the actual game play content is on the servers
  13. Alba Eclipta Committed Player

This is the downside of online gaming. If it were up to me, there would be solo and -personla hosting maps that could be played. I harken back to the old Diablo I and II days. Also, Star Craft. If there could eb content for offline gaming with DCUO, it would be nice. However, we are not valued on that level nor do they have the manpower to make it happen. A sad truth.
  14. Real2TM Well-Known Player

Well with that logic we would still only have T1 content since everyday someone who plays DC is off from school/work. It does suck when you are off and they schedule maintenance on that day. I'm at work so I luck out today muahahaha!
  15. Solutha New Player

Most MMOs don't have an offline because it allows for more cheats and exploits. Just look at Diablo 3 and all the item duping that goes on in that game. If that happened in DCUO it would ruin the game. It took 2 plus year to recover from the money glitch.
  16. 1ndab0x176 New Player

i actually had that option today at 10am est, for the 1st time on my ps4. my screen gave me a choice to enter at the cost of not uploading the update. i chose no since i wanted the update to download.
  17. Alba Eclipta Committed Player

You claim it would ruin the game, that it took 2+ years to recover from a money glitch. I play almost DCUO and Diablo II-III almost daily, and have since the start. I never felt the sting. Not buying your argument.
  18. SHUSHHH Well-Known Player

Alright i understand