I finally got grouped with 'that guy'

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MCAZR, Jun 25, 2013.

1. MCAZR New Player

You know, the troll who only throws pot? The guy who constantly has a full bar while the dps is empty and won't do a simple recharge. The guy who's making the instance take longer than it really has to. When he does use power, he empties his power bar with the occasional defense debuff and the very rare recharge or an additional debuff. And when we get to Lex/Overseer, he suddenly starts providing power to his potential. That's the pug life. BTW, I was the healer with a full bar.
    • Like x 6
  2. General Zod 10000 Post Club

Ok...... I was expecting a huge rant.:(
    [IMG]
    • Like x 7
  3. bandfrizzo New Player

Me to but seeing The Sovereign made clicking the link still worth it
  4. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

I was stuck with a healer like that the other day.
    He was flying around taking in the sights, whilst I was hiding behind a wall with about 15 brainiac bots on my tail, about to die.
    • Like x 1
  5. Mont New Player

thought he was going to say he found his soul mate
    • Like x 1
  6. chaosknight0331 New Player

As a primary dps and troll secondary, all I can say is, just because you didn't see the burst power doesn't mean it wasn't their. A dps should know full well how to get at least a blue hit combo to restore power. I find that while trolling, a dps will blow through a burst as soon as I pop it. What ends up happening? I pop it constantly and they constantly blow through it until guess what....I'm out of power and now the healer needs that burst but since I couldn't get my own hit counter up because of spamming burst for dps, I have no power to give the healer. Troller kept the healer powered so the healer could keep everyone alive. It falls to the dps to manage their own power consumption and weapon combos. And as I said, I am primarily a dps. "That guy" did his job properly.

Did you run with a tank or 2 dps btw, because the debuffs you see on the adds may be just a bonus to the fact that without a tank, the troll must run crowd control to save the healer as well as provide power. As a mental, horrific visage, and phantom flames are both great crowd controls as well as debuffs.
    • Like x 3
  7. Rellik New Player

I really wish people would get over the mentality that a Controller's only job is to make sure that their damn Mana/Power Bar is full. Despite that being a primary Function of a Controller, it's not all we're supposed to do.

Power Management is ALSO a player's responsibility, not just the Controllers. If you're low on power, use your damn weapon! Use a Drink, Slow down on your power usage.
    • Like x 5
  8. MCAZR New Player

We ran with a tank and the troll's power bar was 100% full for very long stretches. The troll seemed to be dps'ing more than trolling and wasn't doing a particularly good job of it. Maybe it was his off-role? The tank was great, pulled in all the adds into one area but the dps didn't get the power to burn so it took longer than usual. I've run Family enough times with people of various levels of gear to see that this troll was holding back and really one of the lesser trolls that I've run with. There just wasn't any need to hold back and he was suddenly a normal troll when we got to Lex/Overseer. I'll have to do some research as I might have a possible explanation of what was going on.
  9. QueenxAurelia New Player

Definitely. I try to be conservative with my power (especially since i'm electric, lol) and whenever you see they are out of power don't get on their case as i've seen many times.
    • Like x 1
  10. Ch3wtobacco New Player

as a DPS, while I agree most people don't use their weapons enough..sorry to say but since ive pugged T5s.... I typically run thru a full stack of remixes in an alert...for goshsakes...and its for power more times than not...
  11. BlueTiger33 New Player

What's worse? Get a BR in your party who understands NO english and try to explain the OMAC instance.

I was using LFG channel every 60 seconds for BR's to help me out. I started timing that instance. Took a total of 1 hour and 8 minutes and 37 seconds from start of timing...lol.

It was basically he used a total of 4 soders 2 full power bars and my continual healing (sorcery) on the first setup. My precision unfortunately is very low since I'm pure resto build.
  12. REEEPR New Player

Everybody (trollers excluded) go to Ace Chemicals and locate a biomass on the ground (the puke piles you use the cleanse rifle on). Find one with no enemies around it. Dump your power then start attacking the mass with your weapon.

You get a hit counter but do no damage so get that counter up there. Trollers who say (use your weapon for regen) have not got a clue how miniscule weapon regen is without gobs and gobs of Vit.

Lazy controllers wearing blinders, i have a message for you. I have a 94 Troller and you guys don't deserve to run the role. Go get some dps gear and switch roles. YOU ARE SPOILED. Only trollers can regen from their hit counters with any noticeable speed. The other three roles can not do this. I need around 70 hit counter to recieve 1/4 of my pool recharged on my healer. Should i hit 70 times without healing to make you guys happy?

Blinders on, the whole lot of you. How about this, i don't burst heal you guys. You just hold block until your soder cools down. There's your burst heal.
    • Like x 3
  13. BlueTiger33 New Player

While I agree with this...I'm slowly starting to think people just don't deserve heals...I know that sounds weird but this being my first healer I realize if/when people do/do not use their spec right...and it makes me want to stop healing and forget it all and go back to dps/tank LOL.
    • Like x 1
  14. Wilder Midnight New Player

as a controller i totally get this but there are players who just haven't learned what to do yet. it takes more than explaining, you just have to keep playing and things will click as you progress.

depends on where i am. blindly queuing up for a t2 alert because i'm hunting a style in a orize box i can compensate (supply drop, level 4 sidekick and a sea chanters trinket) but in a t5 op i'll get cranky.
  15. Aiden Warren New Player

say hello to the internet and gaming and 10 years ago. same threads all year long. Don't PUG.
  16. BlueTiger33 New Player

On the contrary I enjoy F2P MMOs because it takes out the "community" and touchy/fealy types. If I need your spec or role I can group up with you, if not there's 9 billion to replace you.
    • Like x 2
  17. OMAAR New Player

I'm happy to say that I Just kicked that guy from a FR run.
    • Like x 3
  18. BlueTiger33 New Player

Sweet, beautiful and robust like a wine. It'll make those carebears burn with zeal over you. :)
  19. Aiden Warren New Player

New players will learn the Don't PUG Thing.
    Playing with just a few friends on daily bases as a 4 team or 8 day, is a lot better, to get the gear you need and others, and running the content everyday on replays or DLC alerts that resets everyday, then Pugging and being out rolled all the time.

PUG Consequence is
    Cr 70+ Controller does Wayward Souls, and loses every controller drop to a dps, and they complain about Ninja Looters
    Solution = Don't PUG or que in alone.

Solution ask friends for help to pass the right gear, and return the favor, It helps getting geared up for quicker and properly.
    • Like x 1
  20. Wilder Midnight New Player

nah nah my controllers 97.