I feel we are being Punished for Playing the Game!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MyDpsIsBetter, Jul 8, 2019.

1. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

I'm pretty sure your leagues are just battling for spots to get in on Khan and Inner runs
  2. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

But how does GU:94 change directly how the way of playing? before GU:94 if you were max cr did you get marks for running raids from multiple months to years+ ago? you did not it is the same concept before as it is after. There is no being cheated because before you didn't get MoV, we just accepted that fact and it was much more annoying dealing with the 200 cap and only having catalyst caches to save up where that is no longer a QOL issue.
    Incentive to Run Raids Outside CR Relevancy

-Feats
    -OP Collection drops
    -Rare Item drops
    -Gear Salvage
    -*In the case of being 262+ running TT content the absorption of Creds into Source Marks
    still plenty of reasons to run the content that GU:94 didn't change but because you don't get a few source marks for running its worth this level of complaining? Oh and i've had plenty of rants about X changes but those are actually of merit and not this trivial. How many PC players are left on your FL from before GU:36? how many leagues do you recall disappearing after that?
    • Like x 1
  3. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Chill your missing our point bro. It's like your trying to argue with us for no point. You don't find it odd your debating with like five people here who all are agreeing this isn't fair to the players? I don't expect to have the lastest elite gear current tier of skill points and OP items what we shouldn't have an issue with is source marks. Your likening source marks to the current end game marks. That makes no sense at all, the mark itself isn't an issue how they are obtained is what we are speaking on, do you really not see an issue with the fact you log in repeat the same exact new content that will give the new marks, that just so happen to also give source marks as well. Instead of the eight or so years of content that the game already has in place that should grant marks that would help returning players. MMOs have always been about end game, a great focus is on what you do when you get their, can you not see how off putting this current system is for newer players and returning ones? You can make progression in this game rewarding and fun for everyone but this isn't the way. The Nintendo Switch is getting this game soon can you honestly think people will want to play a eight year old game with the current system in place, it would take them forever to actually progress, they are set up to fail the moment they start the same.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Alright, let's pretend they lifted Marks relevancy tomorrow for those that are arguing in favor of, what happens then? What are you running? What are you spending your new source of marks on? Honest answers only.
    • Like x 1
  5. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

The possibilities are endless cause atm players behind especially new players needing Skill points are given the option of A New Gear to get higher CR, B Use the Mark's on Your Base Mods, C. Finish a Style you need for feats, D. Use it on a Artifact. That's why to many important options for how limited they are now. For myself I honestly would like to level my artifact breakthrough easier with them instead of having to buy seals AMD catalyst so often to progress at a reasonable rate.
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Um... But that is still less than when it was first launched to the game. So it does directly affect your gameplay. But you are contentious just to be contentious. If you are trying to go semantics, okay, it's the same thing as the people who argued that game update 36 was great for the game and those that thought it ruined it.
    • Like x 2
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

Because threads like this one and player feedback on Mark Revelancy have been quite loud for quite some time, this isn't the first thread on it. I'm sure this isn't your first time flaming down on one of these threads either, so I'm sure you already know this anyway.

Oh yeah, considering they can convert it via a steep ratio for Quarks, those Source marks can go quickly. And since again like yourself mentioned, there is no cap so what's to stop players from running more content that rewards them more marks? ;) The point is not how potentially useful to the max those Source max can be either, more so than actually having the proper reward if one choses to actually go back and run older content. Many don't do that, because they know there's no more rewards unless they are looking for a feat or a collection. Since the game currently heavily caters toward us high-end folks, most end-gamers just don't have all that much incentive to go back through various tiers most of the time.

Oh I'm not saying that rare collections and drops are worth less than the marks, I'm just saying that out of all content we got there's only some, mostly "recent" content that offers this. Most of the older content have outdated rewards and as mentioned in one of my earlier posts in this thread, I wouldn't mind if they could come up with more drops and items of some sort, rotating through the tiers or something. The marks are just a very easy way to ensure some quick, relevant incentive in all content in general considering the various uses you can have for it. And unlike rare drops and such, marks are an actual instant reward with no RnG involved, more gratification involved than running ROTB for the 500th time and no rare collection. That's a lot of potential marks I could've gotten and made use of, heh!

I want "it" because I want a change that can help populate otherwise abandoned Tiers again, I want it because spamming the latest couple of episodes get extremely boring after a while and when you got it all done you have little to fall back on. Marks alone would give me some form of other reason and incentive to pop the que and just let loose into older content I haven't played in a good while, as it stands right now I would barely bother.

Nobody here is crying and screaming, but I shouldn't be surprised that trying to have a reasonable discussion about the subject is foreign to you. But it's not crying and screaming, lol. Disagreement is tough, I know. Don't worry, i'll let you taste some ice cream. ;)

It's part of A solution. So you are saying that this change actually would make more players happier? How is that not considered a solution? :rolleyes: So we can agree on the Catalysts dropping off the content as I mentioned, atleast. What catalysts did for you in regards to Necro and Artifacts is the very same thing more Source Marks would do for those and other pieces of content aswell. So how is one considered good and the other bad? You STILL haven't actually made a legit answer to that, probably because you were too busy coming up with that hilarious Ice cream-bit.

Well congratulations, you can actually read. Source Marks isn't THE solution, just again as mentioned earlier one of several things that can be done.
    • Like x 1
  8. Zneeak Devoted Player

I'd honestly let the que loose on the majority of raids and see how fast I could get it to pop in comparison to before, lol.

As for what I would spend it on I could be able to earn enough marks to ACTUALLY be able to convert them into a decent amount of Quarks if I applied myself and ran a lot of content that now would actually be available to do so, while also being able to maintain the rent-upkeep and buy needed catalysts.

What would you do?
    • Like x 1
  9. Rainnifer Committed Player

I'm still fairly new to the game, wasn't around to earn and buy most of the gear from episodes as they came out. GU:94 did change things, before it I was running content getting both MoV (till I zoomed past the relevancy window), and the dlc specific currency. Those MoV I used for other things, and I used the dlc currency obviously for only buying things from the dlc vendors. Once GU:94 rolled along, sure my amount of Source Marks rose a few hundred but I had to choose what I was going to spend them on. Catalysts still take lots of marks to buy, and I wasn't going to use those useful marks to purchase something I didn't directly need. Before GU:94, I didn't have to worry about that and used the episode currency to buy the episode things. The initial boost was nice for the few marks I managed to get as I played, but after that everything has slowed down because I lost a big reason I was running those old dlcs, for their currency. Now I have to use my limited relevant mark currency to buy old dlc vendor items. Doesn't it seem weird that I can't even run the related content to buy its related gear because it doesn't reward me with related currency?
    • Like x 5
  10. BumblingB I got better.

That's a good point for DLC specific gear. The source water got smaller, but the well stayed the same. Casting that bucket in can only scrape up so much. A veteran player would have a bigger bucket, but newer players are far worse off. It's like when they first started the mark changes and how it was very difficult to power your mainframe for the first time compared to when they launched Lairs.
  11. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

You say I am being contentious just to be contentious :rolleyes: I wish I would have kept all the screenshots from forum posters saying WM and AM's were the greatest thing to happen to DCUO only to see them say the same thing before stats revamp that WM and AM's were complete garbage and the worst thing to happen to dcuo.

Oh that is exactly what players are doing in this thread and the others and if you can't see that just shows how blindly biased you are being. How much marks would you like from old content? no one has said that they are just screaming and crying for "marks" but I guess they aren't right :rolleyes: how much marks is Olympus worth to you? what about Spindrift Station? do much older raids reward the same source marks? Are the raids worth the same 10 source marks from current relevant content? nah that would be WAY to convenient for people in this thread to actually defend themselves besides saying Obsidian you are dumb and we want marks GIVE US MARKS etc.

You can't have catalyst caches from the vendor and have them drop in raids that was the tradeoff, players didn't want to be forced to run old content and wanted the QOL to just buy them and now players are upset there is no incentive to run old raids and the ques are dead OK :rolleyes: I've already given solutions in the past to the underlying issue and it's even something we had in the past with bonus loot crates from the raids. Each week if you are outside relevancy and run a raid you get a bonus loot crate that will drop items current to your CR. It would have the chance to drop source marks, current episode marks, exobytes, seals of preservation in the loot list so that players that already had source marks in supply would still run the raids because they have a chance at other rewards and keeps with the RNG loot theme DCUO provides us.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Perhaps the better solution is to just make source marks diminish rather than absolutely cut off to a point where the rewards are no marks.

It could say reward 100% for 3 DLCs
    50% for the preceding 2 DLCs before those
    25% for the for the 2 before that
    0% for the rest.
    • Like x 1
  13. Gromm865s Active Player

The vendor collection pieces alone would cost so many source marks, before the update it was somewhat obtainable in a decent amount of time. Now I couldn't even tell you how long it would take just to get the 3 AOJ collection pieces. 1,000 marks alone for the 3 collection pieces out of that vendor.
  14. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

That's why there was like a 80% cost REDUCTION in the previous vendor gear cost. It was so that players outside of relevancy or players with abundant source marks could buy the styles for their feats. You earn source marks in the same places you did MoV after GU:94 and while you have to spread source marks across a greater selection of items this was that reason for reducing the past costs. If they didn't your situation would 100% be a valid concern. Catalysts do cost alot but at the same time its not fair for you or anyone to say they are only earned through source marks because you can trade them so while running the same older content you were before to get the rare/OP drops you can sell those items to purchase catalyst caches and Nth Metal XP from the broker. It's not as limiting as it seems as there are plenty of other methods or earn what you were before (besides that of seals). Also you do have the opportunity to wait until the next episode is out of relevancy and use all the titan creds you have now towards all the older feats because you can still earn creds this entire time since GU:94.
    • Like x 1
  15. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

much less? with the collection pieces costing source marks you can earn source marks across multiple episodes where with the War Bonds you were limited to ONE EPISODE ONLY. You are missing 300 marks for the Age of Justice Episode and you farm 500 Titan Creds? BOOM TT moves out of relevancy and you have your Age of Justice OP collections Day 1.

That is INFINITELY easier than having to run only Age of Justice content daily and weekly until you had the marks.
    • Like x 1
  16. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I think you just proved the point as to what was given as why it exist.

There will always be some type of discomfort to the game, some will feel greatly violated, others will see it as nothing major.

In wanting to remove the relevancy it may serve better to not give justification to why it is in place.

The question is a good question, yet it already has been answered, being related content can be several tiers below, making newer content irrelevant for grinding, why run more current content when I can get it from the related content which is much, much easier.

This discussion is starting to sound like the escrow discussion.
  17. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Nah its nothing like escrow you can't compare the two at all. we are talking about actual content on the game that has no use in it to run for players a lot of content not giving a mark that is used in way to many important ways for it's limited ways to obtain.
  18. Zneeak Devoted Player

No bias at all here. I am just simply seeing a need for this type of change and where it's coming from. You however, for some reason, are highly against it for reasons yet to have actually been explained. Does that make you blindly ignorant? I dunno, I might as well state it since calling each other names rather than properly explaining the why's and why not's seem to be what we focus on now. :rolleyes:

How old is Olympus, how old is Spindrift? There could be a system in place to reward less marks the older it is (once again something i mentioned in an earlier post in here if you actually bothered to read what other people are saying), but Tier 8/9 content? Wouldn't really call it old and deem it as content not worthy of the amount of Marks you used to get from it. On that note let me ask you: What makes you deem these instances as old and irrelevant that shouldn't reward marks? If you were ever going to actually answer on these things, now is the time. :)

Who asked for or even mentioned having both? I literally said in my reply that I wouldn't mind the old system where it dropped off the content. Neither would I mind a similar system of some sorts to tackle the relevancy-issue in regards to older content. This is actually not an "either or"-scenario, atleast it shouldn't have to be, you're just getting hung up on the marks while ironically not stating a legit reasoning as to why we can't have more content dropping more Source marks in the first place. Well, there was that Ice cream-bit. :rolleyes:

Players have been asking for Seals to return to the loot tables for a long time now, been multiple threads and posts about this and should definately happen. One of several things they can and should consider to repopulate more than just the current hotness of Episodes to throw the replay stash on.
    • Like x 2
  19. Ringz Dedicated Player

If anything, I think thats the wrong way for the dev to implement this or for what we want the devs to do to address this situation.

Instead of them completely opening up all content for unlimited uses, I think they should just do one randomized instance from each category as a daily. If anything thats a small step and won't affect the progression as huge as chill describing.
    • Like x 2
  20. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I am highly against just carelessly adding source marks to all old raids just to appease the people on the forums because that doesn't fix the underlying issue at hand. I have outlined my point numerous times throughout this thread and all you have done is say GIMME MARKS and offered absolutely nothing to further the conversion. As evidenced by your next response because I directly asked you exactly what they should do with your beloved source marks and you completely dodged and avoided the response to actual outline your thoughts because so far they have just been I don't care what you say I/We just want our source marks in old content /end.

What makes me deem these instances as they shouldn't reward marks? I dunno just following the precedent that's already been set forth in the game since the CR scaling system was implemented. It's come up every episode when they initially state the mark costs and the community bulks at the cost and time investment which later leads the devs to reducing the costs but then having to counter that with the max number of marks we can earn (ie what exactly happened during AgeofJustice on test). This is why just needlessly throwing marks isn't the solution because then it leads to adjusting the mark costs on the universal tier vendor and the past vendors because if they don't then everyone just blows through all the content and then complains there is nothing to spend source marks on and they have already run everything. Older content should definitely have rewards tied to relevant CR but it shouldn't be only based on source marks and should be tied to rewards any/every player can use. People want to state that there is no reason to run old content without the ability to earn marks, which is a complete 100% lie.
    • Like x 1