I feel we are being Punished for Playing the Game!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MyDpsIsBetter, Jul 8, 2019.

1. tinoman Dedicated Player

Would like to also add in some type of nth metal and augment xp granted from older raids a decent amount that scales. Because breaking down a piece of t5 gear only grants like a 1000xp for an augment. Which isn't much at all for someone at endgame. Don't quote me on that. Atleast some source marks greater than what is granted now. Maybe catalyst cache's? And how about make all cache take x amount of caches instead of a million of different kinds. Please up drops rates of irrelevant op item collections or add to a vendor for marks. Make them account bound.
  2. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

These reasons alone clearly are not enough reason to run older content. They need to get rid of Mark Relevency.
  3. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Well I hope you will enjoy running a 25-30min raid for your 1-5 source marks that drop. Hope that was worth the time investment.

I apologize to all the new players that come across this thread and see that individuals refuse to help you in LFG because they won't get a reward from helping you.

We had a mark cap of 100 for years on Marks of Victory and then they barely raised it 200 for the past couple years and now there is actually a method in place to earn realistically uncapped generic marks and everyone is raising pitchforks, not to mention the QOL changes having all their feats outside of relevancy decreased by a huge percentage.
    • Like x 3
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

And why would that be such a problem for you, or for the Devs with people getting those style feats out of excessive Source Marks out of outdated content? They're still running content to raise their CR and earn marks to get to the point where they can later buy various sets? It's not like this would stop players from running new current content to get feats and such anyway, it just helps out players to catch up and adds all the more reason for players to go back to older content rather than new content only. Player retention IS important.

Why should it stay that troublesome regarding catalysts, given the amount of artifacts that has now been introduced since the system launched and all the breakthroughs you're bound to fail at unless you cash in for Seals? The XP involved is the hard part. Also, these caches are already tradable so the entire point in regards to artifact progression becomes rather moot right there IMO.

What exactly do they need to account for, again? I don't really see anybody get too specific on that regard either, it's just "bbbb-but something is raised so something else has to be raised", well, not necessarily, more like we are being able to earn something we used to be able to earn and now for some reason don't.

I don't believe that just raising the marks one can earn would solve all the problems either, mind you, but it's one of several steps to implement to make more than just the latest pieces of new shiny content feel relevant to a player.
    • Like x 3
  5. Tygerfyre Committed Player

If nothing else, the recent removal of the episode currencies should be looked at again.

We used to get Marks of Victory *and* episode currencies for running instances in those episodes if you were in relevancy, but even if out of relevancy, you still got the episode-specific marks.

Since the currency revamp, we now get neither if out of relevancy window. Something doesn't make sense with that. If we got 'x' marks before the revamp, even if out of relevance, and the marks were cashed in at a 1:1 ratio, we should still be getting that many Source Marks. That would at least make episodes 27-31 worth something to those looking for a reward, widening the amount of content they would expect to play. Even for an endgame player, that content is not a push over, so getting half as many marks as an in-window player seems appropriate.
    • Like x 2
  6. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

I do Mepps and Ive always respected how hard your job is and the work the Devs do, but current a game we playing and paying for has way to many limited ways to obtain Source Marks without spending a ton of even more real money. To much higher of your games content is locked us to us with higher Cr we need a fair fix to this is what we are asking.
  7. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Exactly We should not, be limited on content we can do because your worried about it giving marks easily that's kinda the idea and perk of progressing in most MMOs.
    • Like x 1
  8. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Im glad yall see how this is going, whats being brought up currently makes no sense and in the long run would have players playing long helping the game in the long run.
  9. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

It's not like there is stopping anyone from running old content either? You don't get source marks, ok YOU NEVER GOT MOV BEFORE EITHER LOL

[IMG]

CR lockouts on earning MoV was always still a thing just as it is now with Source Marks except now we don't really have a cap on source marks, and we have the mark cost reduction in old outdated feats. Players still get gear for salvage, can still run with a nth metal detector for nth metal caches, players still get chances at OP collections and rare drops, none of that changed. You just don't get source marks JUST LIKE you didn't get MoV before.

Are there things that DCUO could do to encourage players to run old content? sure oh wait players complained relentlessly that they were forced to run old content for catalysts :rolleyes: and praised when they were added to cache boxes to be bought. Just giving source marks to players running old content is not a solution that is just a band-aid fix that dcuo is so popular for.
    • Like x 1
  10. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

This is spot on Bro, I have felt punished shortly after returning and many others who do want to return are in fear of exactly the same. Not everything in a game should be looked at as a way to make a quick dollar off its players. Restricting the rewards given from content because a player is now to strong for it is absurd. I am trying to catch up to Years worth of content I missed styles ect with one type of marks yet the options i have are so limited without spending real money. That's not very fair at all.
    • Like x 1
  11. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Your argument is so pointless, Your basically saying it wasn't a thing in the past so why fix something for the players QoL now when they can do the right thing by it's players.. Are you serious right now Chill?
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Daily Source Marks (endgame)

Vault
    Lockboxes
    Atlantis: Royal Palace Solo
    JLD Pub Crawl Duo
    Atlantis: The Silent School
    JLD: Darkness Rising
    Phantom Stranger Daily
    Zatanna Daily
    Doctor Fate Daily
    Mera Daily
    Loyalist Delphine Daily
    King Shark Daily

Weekly Source Marks

Relic Recovery
    Swarm
    Brine Hulk
    Shogg
    Pods
    Crown of Thorns
    The Throne
    Fellowship of the Arcane
    JLD: Shattered Gotham

not to mention if they are still 262 cr they can get source marks from all of the above plus the Teen Titans Daily and Weeklies

A solo, duo, 2 alerts, and 7 daily missions for source marks each and every day and 5 weekly bounties and 4 raids every week I wouldn't call "way to many limited ways" There is a mountain of issues with the game and for so much temper tantrums being thrown over mark relevancy I think is the biggest joke compared to everything else that came in GU:94 to help new to DCUO players that everyone just wants to glance over because it doesn't impact them so they find something else to complain about it.
    • Like x 1
  13. BumblingB I got better.

I'm actually not sure how your reasoning goes against what is being said in the thread? You obviously were around during the start of the relevancy slider was introduced. You obviously were upset about it based off the words you used to describe it.

Oh and the pitchforks were said many times since it started. They were stifled by the devs stamping their feat and saying "no." The closest response we got in the way of rewards was the out of relevancy rewards. Which by the way, was a direct response to those pitchforks that you mentioned.

Chill, not sure your reasoning, it seems you are being contemptuous just to be contemptuous.
    • Like x 3
  14. Zneeak Devoted Player

How is it not, when the current fact of the matter is that people aren't actually running a lot of older content mainly because of these Relevancy-windows? Just because you don't agree with it personally, doesn't magically make all that feedback go away.

If there's no cap on Source marks and it's not tied to gear progression for high-end players, then why should there be such a restraint on the Source marks you can earn? All this huffing and puffing but you're still not giving a legit answer on this.

Did they? That's an honest question, I can't remember such an uproar. Personally i'd like a similar system in place, granted it wasn't over the top in a fashion that "forces" players to Replay older content they have already possibly replayed before. Other MMO's have this type of system in place, where you play a selection of both old aswell as new content to continue upgrading high-end gear and such. The result for proper rewards? More players running through more content. It's pretty hard to do that if all the older content is neglected and most of the older Tiers are a Ghost town: Current situation.

And again it's not THE solution, but part of the solution and it makes me wonder why some of you are really so against it? Is there anything of value that you are selling, that could affect your broker price or something were there to be more Source marks in play for everyone? Just asking.

If anything we should all strive for suggestions and ideas that could actually help bring back life into older tiers and not just the latest piece of new shiny content that you are ready to spend your maxed out Replays on, because those ideas and suggestions could actually help both new and returning players of which helps player retention but potentially also an increase in actual player population.
    • Like x 3
  15. BumblingB I got better.

This is a good point, but it's countered with the free event gear, time capsule gear, and CR boost token.

It's like two conflicted concepts. One to try and keep progression in the game and one that wants players to be at end game competing with themselves.
    • Like x 2
  16. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

That's super limited I'm going to try and be respectful out of you being here so long and giving back to the games players I actually respect that. But that's not reasonable for people who have missed long periods of time playing the game that just isn't enough to catch up a few of us have had the pleasure of playing the game since release and have a nice amount of Skill Points, I feel for the players who didnt play when pvp was a thing those feats in DC today... To a player coming back to DC or one just starting this amount of Mark's toy listed isn't cutting it. I'm telling you, and anyone you know that knows me you know some will tell you I'm pretty straight up. I run every single bit of content on the game that I can for my cr everyday and it's been a struggle and to look at the content I can be running instead of running the same exact content over and cover is a bit of a slap in the face to say. It's pretty clear we don't see each other sides as I feel you don't wish to understand where we coming from I respectfully wish to not engage in this Debate over this chat with you, your always welcome to reach me in the DC chat and I'm open to actually hear where your coming from.
  17. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I never had an issue with current episodes being within mark relevancy, what I couldn't see is why people were qutting the game in disgust which is what players were saying. I even made a video on it that has 15,000+ views on it and was it some rage filled rant about it? nope lol.
    QOL from mark relevancy:
    - Near unlimited cap? check
    - All previous useless currency combined to marks that are relevant? check
    - Cost reduction on all previous outside of relevancy style feats? check
    - Not forced to run Deluge content for deluge rewards or vice versa? check
    - Rewards from content outside of relevancy? X

Did we get rewards outside of our CR previously before GU:94? nope. But look at all the other QOL changes they actually gave us but lets quit the game and complain about the 1 thing they didn't give us which has been an issue that has plagued the game for nearly a decade? Just giving players source marks for running SS and TTB doesn't fix the underlying issue that is just a band-aid because if you are in a situation where you don't require source marks there is still ZERO INCENTIVE to que up old content. At least with that previous catalyst system we had to run all the old raids to get the catalysts to either sell or use for artifacts but couldn't have that because people complained. There has to be a genuine reason for players to wan to run older content and source marks isn't it.
    • Like x 2
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

How do you even know that's why players aren't running older content just because they don't get source marks? there was a thread not to long ago here that players were listing off the 2000-6000 source marks they currently had, why would those players run old content just to get source marks when they have thousands already? I would still que up ROTB and the other alerts because I get the chance to get the OP collection and sell it for 50+ million, that is more incentive than 1-5 source marks lol and there are plenty of players that do that, same reason for raids like PANOE and ESCE. There are plenty of reasons to run old content just not the reason players in this thread want :rolleyes:

This huffing and puffing im doing about why I don't want it have you asked yourself why you want it? You want it because you don't have it, like a little child who sees another kid with a ice cream cone and even though you have a chocolate bar you want that ice cream and cry and throw a tantrum to your mommy because you want ice cream and a chocolate bar. How is that ANY different from what is going on in this thread? We have QOL features from GU:94 that we've never had in the game before to help new players and endgame players alike.

I'm against it because it's not a solution, all it does is making the people crying happier because they got the ice cream when they had the chocolate bar already. The old catalyst system was perfect for running old content. I never would have run Artifacts or Necro etc if it didn't drop a artifact catalyst I needed weekly and you had to bonus weekends as well. They could have unique rewards like seals of preservations and completions drop in older content. The underlying issue has to be addressed and its the same issue that's been around forever and no one is really answering that one, because source marks isn't the solution its just what you want right now until you see another kid with a freeze pop.
    • Like x 2
  19. BumblingB I got better.

Then your view of rewards is different. Please respect when someone has a different view than you.

When you are given something for doing a task regularly, a level of reward is set. Then after X amount of times, you are suddenly told that you only get a portion of that because there are other tasks that give it, you would be upset. You are being cheated out of your reward for doing that task and no real reason why to ever do the initial task again.

Players that enjoy the game, lore, and social aspect are being told that they have to stay at the top, never to go back down to have "fun". This game has 8+ years of content, but you only get rewards for the highest available for you. So what's the point?

Oh and I never said anything about a rage rant. Though, you've had a few rants about leaving the game due to X change that was implemented. You of all people should understand when something is changed that directly effects your way of playing, you voice your concerns. How is this any different?
    • Like x 4
  20. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

By your own admission you were gone for years, you came back and you expect to catch up 3 years worth of content, feats, styles in what a few weeks? and if you can't do that you make a video about you are being punished? how is that fair to DCUO? You were ok with spending $100's of dollars to get multiple artifacts and seals but not ok with having to spend some on replays to replay cr relevant content? Now you probably wouldn't have known about GU:94 so when you skipped through the cr tiers as fast as possible to run JLD content you were thinking to max your marks along the way to maximize the source marks which yes DCUO could do a better job at explaining that through the messaging system or notes in game but at the same time DCUO can't be expected to design the leveling system around players dropping $100's of dollars to jump to the highest CR etc.
    • Like x 1