I don't understand how to use "stealth" mode for gadgets

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Hollows, May 25, 2019.

1. Hollows Active Player

Help me out please. I'm really trying to get into my gadgets characters but after I hit stealth, I can only use two powers before I auto switch back to normal. Is this how it is supposed to be? If so, why is there an entire tray of powers that I'm not able to use?
  2. mdharlem Active Player

Without going back to check, I believe there are only 3 powers that you can use in stealth: Thermite Mine, Implosion Mine, and Cuff 'Em. Using any other power will pull you out of stealth mode. These powers should say "Retain Stealth" in their descriptions.
  3. Shattered Psychosis Well-Known Player

It's meant to be an extra loadout slot or used as a burst move mostly. Certain powers such as Surprise Attack will trigger extra damage (so you'll see 2 big burst ticks instead of 1). Or you can put your weapon buff or supercharge or extra shield inside of stealth as well for when you need it. Stealth also has a hand mod called Improved Stealth which turns it into one of the strongest personal shields for a few seconds. Any damage you take inside of stealth will also kick you out (say aoe damage) so having the hand mod also guarantees you get to use something before you get kicked out.
    • Like x 2
  4. Hollows Active Player

Thank you for the reply and the information. Much appreciated. I was going nuts trying to figure this out. Sometimes reading does help. :)
  5. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

If DPS at close mid range.
    1. Stealth -> surprise attack. (will auto return to normal).

2. If confident enemy will not hit you out of stealth too early.
    Stealth -> cuff em -> surprise attack (auto return to normal).
  6. MrMigraine Devoted Player

It's also kind of fun to lay down some mines in preparation for incoming baddies - especially when you know exactly where they are going to pop up.
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Stealth is much more viable in PVP than PVE. That being said, I ran DR with a gadgets might player who was cuffing all the "boss adds" in the first subboss fight in DR as they spawned. Not only did it make the fight way smoother and easier than normal but he ended up with some crazy damage.

Quickly popping stealth then sneak attack does crazy damage, possibly the most of any single move in the game, but it sucks power like crazy. I tried putting it in my prec rotation and found myself out of power which is insane for precision.