I dont know if its good or bad - The Royal War Elite alert

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by jolaksi, May 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jolaksi Well-Known Player

It feels bad because people dont seem to run beautiful designed the elite version of the alert just because how last boss fights are and
    Good because that elects the trash players from stage cuz of how "challenging" alert becomes.

I think devs nailed the difficulty in that elite alert because even if the Flashpoint episde is free to everyone this alert is the by far is the least shouted elite alert I saw among any dlcs.
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You've convinced yourself that the difficulty is the reason why there aren't as many people shouting for the Royal War Elite alert...but the truth might be that crappy attitudes like yours is why they steer clear from it.
    • Like x 11
  3. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

That general toxic elitist for ya just want "good player" instead of teaching how to do the Elite alert. *shrug*
    • Like x 9
  4. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

To be fair, it is not always going to be 'last boss' issues.

I tried to run it and during the Aquaman fight, getting hit by anything is an instant kneel. The bubbles, the jellyfish, the floor thingy, the ridiculous gunship flak, all one shots. My toon is 339cr so that shouldn't be an issue. The issue is that the 'elite' is a one shot fest and imo that is not the definition of 'elite'. WHat if someone goes down, then what? You have multiple gunship strikes (3 i believe) that follow you and disallows you to do anything but run away. The geo-pulse or floor stuff is instant death if they are near it. Aquaman and the ads do tremendous damage to the tank and the healer can't stop to do anything but besides heal the floor...tank...

Running earlier elite stuff is still all one shots. Ultimate soldier and the bombs that randomly show up on LB will still wipe the floor with all 335cr+ toons. Need i say more.

If i were to ever go back into that alert in the elite version...i would have to count the attacks that are not lethal to anyone besides the tank, i would imagine that count would be zero.

How could the 'elite' version be more elitish without being a fest of one shots? well, get rid of the one shot attacks. Make it so you need each role to be present and be on their game, as in, tank can control the ads and boss, healer is not letting anyone die, controller is debuffing appropriate enemies (id say stun but that went out the door years ago), and dps is damaging the appropriate enemies first to alleviate the damage on the tank. Dodging one shots is pointless to the point that you might as well as go in naked, cause anything that touches you and you end up dead!.

Beautifully designed? hmph. If you cant make it past the first area, who knows...
  5. Maxwelll New Player

I tried teaching healers and tanks what to do in it some just want to remain stupid and not lunge the boss and pop shields at the right time, even told a dps to help with lunges when he does the one shot, they said no not lunging so it's the playerbase that is the problem, they rather do ffe standard non stop to get renown 1st week, then show up in rwe and can't play or listen to tips to beat last boss.

The difficulty is perfect it encourages a group effort to beat the last boss and 2nd boss, once the group works together last boss is ezpz and the whole alert only takes 15-20 minutes, a group that doesn't work together helping with lunges and shielding won't do it easy.

I've even done it with people with 120 arts and 250 sp because they listen and can play compared to people with 200 arts an 300+ sp and won't even lunge
    • Like x 4
  6. Jaelia Committed Player

I don’t think the last boss is the main issue at all, more so the communication between players on which COG they’re going to grab & mechanics. If you have a group that has patience and is willing to communicate and listen it’s a pretty fast alert to get through.
    • Like x 2
  7. nawanda Loyal Player

Royal War Elite is a great alert. The issue is the overlapping mechanics at last boss, which is still only partially fixed. If your group nails all three speed force phases it seems better, but if there are failures, the mechanics seem to go out of sync and events like the boss pulling someone off a cog, everyone having to mash square button, etc, start overlapping with cog phases. If that happens, and the group isn’t very skilful, frustration turns into repeated wipes, and so on.
    • Like x 2
  8. PHNTM Well-Known Player

If players learned and adapted to mechanics within, the alert elite is pretty simple and easy. For Zoom, he does 3 orb stages -

Towards the end of the Z, middle to end of the oo's and the end of the M.

If you make sure that you let the skull attack happen just before you get to one of these stages, you can grab the healing orb with no issues and the fight becomes straight forward.
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Raid offered more renown and were way more fun IMO.
    FFe is reminiscent of prime (obviously a totally dif raid but it just had that feel). Loved it. FVe i didnt enjoy near as much but a good raid none the less. I prefer the FGSe raid style to FVe.
  10. jolaksi Well-Known Player

How the hell are you both come up with that kind of offensive replies after reading my post? I myself even struggle with the alert(mostly cuz of group) sometimes and you can be sure im not "elitist" or something close to that. Im just aware of whats going on in alert and aware of mechanics. And yes Im still backing up my "trash player" statement above cuz there are people that CHOOSE to be trash even if you explain them the mechanics properly. They just not having it or refuse to understand idk...
    I bet you and people who liked your post having fun with player(s) that BLATANTLY causing wipes and wasting the entire group's time and effort not just in elite alerts also in elite raids.

I put my thoughts after seeing decreased number of elite alert shouts on LFG compared to previous episodes but thing I get is some random "pointy comments"...
    • Like x 1
  11. Miserable Dedicated Player

I think the reason most people choose reg over elite is because elite is not worth the hassle. Pugging the elite alert is hit or miss. I've seen runs ranging from 40 minutes to 2 hours and many end with disbanding. It's easier for people to just get their renown from the raids and the duo.
    • Like x 1
  12. Miserable Dedicated Player

Sounds like you've had some rough times in that fight, but you're making it sound harder than it is. Not everything is a one shot like you claim. The geo-pulse is and the airstrike effectively is. The other things you mentioned, not so much. You'd have to literally stand next to a jellyfish or bubble for a few seconds without moving for it to kill you.

It sounds like you expect it to be possible for a group to be constantly getting hit with mechanics and still beat the fight. The whole point is to dodge these mechanics which is actually quite easy to do.

I appreciate you sharing your experience and I'm sure it can seem like a one-shot fest if the fight is still fairly new to you, but what gets me (and this is something I see a lot) is when people's immediate reaction to a negative experience is that the problem is entirely with the content and not at all with the group. As if it can't possibly be a problem with the group's understanding of mechanics, skill level, communication, etc., despite the fact that many other people are completing this instance on a daily basis without much difficulty.
    • Like x 3
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You talk about our "offensive" replies while calling others trash, and see no irony in that at all....and instead of trying to explain yourself in a better way, you chose to double down on that "trash players" comment. It's that kind of toxic commentary that keeps some capable players from running elite content. Even good players can have bad moments, but if they have to deal with the kind of attitude you showed in your post, why would they bother?

Also, what exactly do you get from demeaning bad players? If you run with people who refuse to follow basic mechanic, add them to ignore, kick them from your group and move on. There's absolutely no need to make a thread to spread unneeded toxic commentary.

People liked my post because they agree that your negative statement was uncalled for and serves no purpose to make the game better or to make players play better. All it does is scare players away when they see that people just like trash talking to people like in your post.
    • Like x 7
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I totally agree with you, and I know that's the reason why. I just said that to the OP because he made a useless, non-constructive, unrelated statement about trash players.
    • Like x 4
  15. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

Totally agree with your statement here.

This is totally true aswell.
    • Like x 3
  16. Eve YouTuber

Preach. I ran this alert plenty of times with friends on elite version and never had issues with it.
    Calling other players Trash or stating false statements that are nothing but degrading other players and insulting them helps nothing and are just non-constructive and brings nothing to a healthy conversation.
    • Like x 6
  17. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

I suppose I'll be judged for how unsuccessful I've personally been in the elite alert. There is no one in my league or in our sister league, as of yesterday, who has completed the elite alert. Even with the "best" of us, we never beat it. The farthest any of us have gone is the Zoom fight. I always die (as the healer) at the one hits during his heal back phases (he does it more than 3 times). You could say we aren't doing the mechanics, but the game doesn't explain what they are and 2 hour runs never revealed them. Even if we could finish it, all of our attempts lasts more than an hour. IDK how much renown one gets for completing it, but then why would I care if I'm at full renown? Why would I run this alert on elite if all of the bosses hit harder than Brainiac in the elite raid and takes longer to complete? I'll just do reg for the marks, thank you very little. It's now the same reason I do the reg duo instead of the elite duo: it's not worth my time. I finally have time this DLC to level alts and work on bases. I sure as hell won't waste time for something that maybe benefits me a little. I suspect my reason for not running it is the reason few are shouting for it. It's too time-consuming for renown we don't need, but I wish everyone who wants to run it a good time. Enjoy the beauty.
    • Like x 2
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Hello my brother/sister, how are you today, I hope you are well, I am also well, thank you so much for asking :)

I just wanted to let you know people run regular because they just want quick marks and they can't be bothered running elite, because they don't on that particular day feel like it.

If you want to form your own elite run you can use LFG and make one.

Go forward in strength my friend and enjoy your in game adventures!!
    • Like x 5
  19. spikeat Well-Known Player

I didn't find the elite alert as difficult as you described. A lot of players have completed their renown from running the raids, so there is no reason for them to be running the alert in elite. Every time I see Elite content, it just mean heavier mechanics version to me. I noticed in regular version a lot of players just ignores the mechanics and let the healer heal them through it. Even in regular a lot of players die from the bubble without realizing it. Devs understand that not every player are good with mechanics and that's why there is a regular and elite version, but it doesn't make a player trash if they don't want to run it.

If it's a pug group I don't have time to explain the mechanics for every boss on a daily basis. And if they are hearing the mechanics explained to them for the first time, it's unlikely they can complete it on a whim. I only run the alert elite if my friends need a feat or to complete a quick run for renown, but we all know the mechanics and have completed it numerous times.
    • Like x 1
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I would think an extra mark and higher drop rates for OP catalysts and higher gen mods would be a reason to run it. But alas, most of my league And friends run reg for the convenience and I damn sure ain’t puggin it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.