I discovered some new mechanics

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrStoob, May 25, 2020.

1. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Did you know that in the 4 player BoP raid, using the consoles makes only one robot form, making the whole affair go a lot quicker.

Also, when fighting Lex, destroying the turrets stops your health from going down when Superman can fix the breaches.

Amazing, I know.

grumble, grumble...
    • Like x 4
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Wow that's crazy.
    • Like x 6
  3. Schimaera Devoted Player

Yeah, 1st robot room in 90% of my alerts:

I stand on one console, one other player stands on another console, the two remaining players stand in the middle, running in circles.

Curious that this also happens when I join grps that look for "fast runs".
    • Like x 3
  4. Darth Piper Loyal Player

But I have to stop fighting stuff in order to turn the cogs... oh, wait...
    • Like x 1
  5. Miss Adora Loyal Player

honestly, I think most of the players run in circles in the first room just played the event version where whether or not if you press the consoles, you get 1 robot, you can ignore the turrets, you will be fine.
    • Like x 1
  6. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Not when you're CR 302+... and they can be some of the worst offenders. You've run the instance in normal mode a few times.
    • Like x 2
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

some of the most fun i've had with this dlc was a botched monitor matching attempt that went way out of control with the ads following us all the way to the spawn point. the healer already bailed midway through the fight with most of the group following suit. we got the ads under control, regrouped and wiped at the last boss a few times but i got it done. i get you don't want stuff like this every raid~the 15 minutes raids where everything goes off without a hitch are great but the game needs a little shaking up.

i also hate blaming lag but sometimes it gets so bad that even hitting a cog doesnt work.
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Also use your orbitals after Amazo absorbs Superman’s powers; they ignore the defence buff.
    • Like x 1
  9. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Just one thing to point out about the turrets in the Lex fight. The first time the turrets are up, neither wall is broken so you don't have the damage over time that requires Superman to stop. You can use this first turret phase to burn down Lex faster. The only issue there is that if you burn him down too fast during the whole fight he can enter the phase where you are building the EMP during the third turret phase (I may have even seen it before the last set of bombs exploded). The DoT on that third phase is large enough that you HAVE to free Superman before collecting the powersuit cores. I had a wipe on Lex from burning him too fast and a couple people thinking when the cores came up that they could just move on to that phase without freeing Superman.
  10. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

There's this other AMAZING mechanic where if you pick up the 4 power cores when fighting lex, it's so much easier to finish him off.
    • Like x 4
  11. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I've rolled out a new character and been in event version, I've seen some in there over 300. Event version doesn't prepare for the normal version. Everything you know about normal, you can ignore in event.
    • Like x 2
  12. Darth Piper Loyal Player

But the catch is, unless you've only run the outside world stuff "at level" to get to 300+ the chance of your having had to run the normal version of the instances is reasonably high. Can I cook up scenarios by which people haven't? Sure. And why would people with CR 300+ run the event version? Quick marks on an alt when they aren't concerned about the higher value drops, get a quick run in because of limited time so they don't miss out on daily stuff.... that kind of thing. I think we all do it, especially in raids, as Wednesday approaches so we don't miss out on our "free" run through the raids. :)
  13. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Well, if they'd been running the event version since launch (possibly because their cr wasn't high enough for reg) and didn't spend any lex coins, they could have bought the full vendor set as soon as they reached bop entry level CR. This is completely possible and I've done that before (admittedly on alts, so I was already aware of the end game mechanics).
  14. Psyfur Well-Known Player

I guess I’ve been really lucky with my groups. Since launch, I’ve only experienced two wipes in VMF. Once vs Amazo, when he used WW’s Amazonian deflection and simultaneously one shotted the group and the other vs Lex. Not sure what happened vs Lex. We only had people that time, but I’ve beaten him before with only 3 people.
  15. Brit Loyal Player

If you spawn 2 robots, that second robot has a whole extra life bar. That means you can get even more scoreboard, which was the point of queuing up.

I'll never understand ignoring the Luthor turrents though. Shooting them also improves your scoreboard damage.
  16. Miss Adora Loyal Player

but not on boss damage, your total don't show up, only boss damage. Unless you go to that second page, then you can see total damage and damage on boss.
  17. Schimaera Devoted Player

That's why I measure the strength of a group by every second and minute below 15mins. I tend to join "lf <role> for VMF fast run please" groups and then give feedback at the end from what I have observed that caused the run to be 16+min lel :-D
  18. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I think the operative phrase is "Work smarter, not harder." If you want a "fast" run, unless you're running with certain non-speed-hacking DPSes who can cause enemy bosses to melt at incredible rates (there are a few of them on each of the servers), the average DPS in the game is doing extra work by allowing two robots to spawn in that first fight and thus extending the fight longer than necessary... aka "working harder." Those who go to the consoles and activate them cut the work load in half... aka "working smarter."